AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Is it ok to wear cowboy clothes?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Is it ok to wear cowboy clothes?
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-06, 17:15

I already know that yes, the answer is yes! But...some people in PA may think it odd that someone goes around wearing Texas/Arizona attire (even though we do have a lot of farms around and the heat reaches 100 degrees) in a college town. I say, "screw em!"

Nah but really, I like the look of the cowboy, western style of dress. I am hating on the surfer-boy/new york look of every single kid I see. I'm not buying this stuff to be different, but because I just fell in love with western culture and the look of the stuff. I pull it off quite well too, and damn, it looks kinda cool!

:smokey:

So this is what I just bought from www.sheplers.com

--The blue shirt

--Black shirt

--The black shirt

I know this thread will get at least one " " response, but who cares! This stuff is just plain awesome.

To quote my favorite band who happens to be from Arizona (Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers), "Gentlemen, kindly do not throw me out ass backwards for hankering for a less civilized spirit. Why don't I just mosey on along and find my tequila on my way back West?"

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration
xionja

2004-08-06, 17:18

Hell yeah its okay.

If I was a guy, that is the kinda clothing I would wear. hell i already do try to pull it off.

You gotta get the whole walk and attitude too, cause that'd just be too cute.
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-08-06, 17:30

I think it is absolutely wrong to wear cowboy clothes, even if you are being sincere. Slightly off-topic, how gay is it for a guy to have a change purse? I'm sick of having coins jangle about in my topic, it makes me sound like a cowboy. And if were to get a change purse what could I call it? Change Sack? Bag o' Metal?

The shirts aren't horrible but a cowboy hat is unacceptable.
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-06, 17:40

Actually, the comedian Greg Geraldo (sp?) was on the Colin Quinn show last night and he was wearing the black shirt there, with the 2 skull design. Pretty cool to see the EXACT SAME shirt on some semi-famous guy on tv. It looked good on that dude so why not on me?

Cowboy hats are awesome! I mean, they just make a person look so much more manly. Tis true, it is a cosmic imperative.

Now, there are baaad cowboy-ish styles...for example, Apple's own Frank Cassanova (the "quicktime cowboy" as I like to call him) wore this on-stage at the WWDC.

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration
autodata
hustlin

2004-08-06, 17:41

Just be careful. If you take it too far you might as well be in drag.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-08-06, 17:45

Hat = cool

rest of the stuff = not

In PA you gotta keep it to a minimum. That far north and you start wearing that kinda stuff, guys will start asking you to go to gay bars with 'em. Just a word of warning.

Come waste your time with me
windowsblowsass

Send a message via AIM to windowsblowsass  
2004-08-06, 17:54

its not that bad but only if you live in hickville like me but state college idk about

Last edited by windowsblowsass : 2004-08-06 at 21:25.
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-06, 17:58

I imagine I will wear the shirts out, as in, not tucking them in. Wear them with normal jeans, not those skin-tight gayboy ones (not that there's anything wrong with being gay). I would deem the look "cow-punk."

Something along these lines...[img]some dude wearing cool clothes but pic too large[/img]

Last edited by Messiahtosh : 2004-08-06 at 18:33.
applenut
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2004-08-06, 18:00

stop trying to be me
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-06, 18:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by applenut
stop trying to be me
I don't know what you are!
Mass Appeal

2004-08-06, 18:16

If you go western cop Hank Williams III's country punk style. Just cut the sleaves of your shirts and get a lot of tats of hot women and horses up and down your arms. Go for the used boots not the expensive slick looking kind other wise you'll just end up looking like a poseur. Also, be fore warned, down here in the south most of the people who dress like that are sterotyped rascist rednecks so you might catch heat from others who aren't hip to your lifestyle.
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-06, 18:20

This aint about racism or something Rebel-retarded like that. I just think those shirts are kick-ass and will go nicely with jeans. The hat can be worn with anything, not just that stuff, t-shirts even. Nobody 'round these parts would question me or think I'm a racist. I'll steer clear of the confederate belt buckel, if that's what you mean.

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-06, 18:22

http://www.nemosgoodies.com/videos/r...wntogether.asf

Check that music video out, pay attention to the type of music it is and look at the style of clothing. You should see my point. It's not unhip...but the website is, because it requires Internet Explorer.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-08-06, 18:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiahtosh
I don't know what you are!
Ah, so the truth comes out. applenut is really a cowboy at heart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg applenut.jpg (11.5 KB, 101 views)
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-08-06, 18:32

OMG, Messiahtosh could you shrink that image down a little bit please? It's like, twice as wide as my browser window.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-08-06, 18:48

Ho snap!

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-06, 18:49

I'll be more a cowboy than you anyday Apenuts!

Mass Appeal

2004-08-06, 19:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiahtosh
This aint about racism or something Rebel-retarded like that. I just think those shirts are kick-ass and will go nicely with jeans. The hat can be worn with anything, not just that stuff, t-shirts even. Nobody 'round these parts would question me or think I'm a racist. I'll steer clear of the confederate belt buckel, if that's what you mean.
Good. All the floors of the middle and high schools I've gone to are coatted with tobacco juice from those idiot's. By the way if you need some new music to go with your new look check out The Reverend Horton Heat, Mojo Nixon, and Nashville Pussy, all the cool cowboys listen to um'.
Wrao
Yarp

2004-08-06, 19:11

Nothing wrong with cowboy attire except for the obvious flak you may get from people affected by stereotype views of those who wear cowboy attire, but that's the breaks.

Personally, I say do what you want, If you want to dress like a cowboy go for it, if you want to dress like a pirate...go for it.

DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-08-06, 19:16

That's not a pirate. That's futureman from Bela Fleck and the Flecktones.

Incredible music though, check 'em out if you've never heard
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-06, 19:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Appeal
Good. All the floors of the middle and high schools I've gone to are coatted with tobacco juice from those idiot's. By the way if you need some new music to go with your new look check out The Reverend Horton Heat, Mojo Nixon, and Nashville Pussy, all the cool cowboys listen to um'.
I know Horton Heat...now you need to check out the real cowboy band, Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers.
Wrao
Yarp

2004-08-06, 19:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026
That's not a pirate. That's futureman from Bela Fleck and the Flecktones.

Incredible music though, check 'em out if you've never heard
(look at my profile picture, that's me playing with the wooten brothers, including roy(the aforementioned futureman) )

If you don't think he's a pirate, you've never met him

should probably mention I have every flecktone album
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-08-06, 20:53

I'd wear something like this, untucked with regular faded Levi's (NOT tight-ass Wranglers, which are Garth Brooks pants).

A Dwight Yoakam kinda cowboy look, as opposed to Garth. HUGE difference...

And I think this shirt kicks so much ass I can't even see straight.

I love that crap. No, I don't do the hat though...
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-06, 21:10

Paul, where did you find those beauts?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-08-06, 21:20

www.daddyos.com

I love that place!!!
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-08-06, 21:42

I was going to chime in and say that clothing looked pretty lame, but I'll be damned if Messiahtosh doesn't manage to pull off the look well. Bravo.

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-08-06, 22:05

Well he's certainly got the right colored shirt.

The cowboy look I consider "lame" is that tight Wrangler, loud-ass graphic shirt, etc. look that Garth Brooks, Brooks & Dunn, pre-Island Party Boy Kenny Chesney and about 20 other mid-1990's country acts popularized.

But I dig the Marty Stuart/Dwight Yoakam/retro/punk/rockabilly kinda Western look A LOT. I wear those shirts and always get compliments, probably just because you don't see them everywhere. You can't go wrong with piping and little embroidered cacti and wagon wheels.

I'd rather see that look than further variations of the skater/slacker/dude/dressed-in-the-dark look, topped off with a stupid fucking trucker cap, which - as a fashion statement - kinda shot its wad 6-9 months ago.

ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2004-08-06, 22:14

There are a lot of hicks around here who have the tigher (not gay tight, but can't be comfortable tight) jeans, pointy boots, and the whole cowboy look. Well less I think of them for it

There isn't anything wrong or bad, done right, it looks good.

This...no real cow boy or should you, be seen in it :

I will say this though; it is pretty damn sexy for a girl to be in a cowboy hat! A couple of my friends have them, and weather it be straw/wicker (whatever the hell it is) or just some white cowboy hat that looks more like a sun umbrella made into a hat, it looks real good.
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-06, 22:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCash
I was going to chime in and say that clothing looked pretty lame, but I'll be damned if Messiahtosh doesn't manage to pull off the look well. Bravo.
Thank you my good man!
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2004-08-06, 22:45

I actually have two pair of boots... haven't worn them since I was a kid, and I'll be damned if they're not incredibly comfy. And my wife says the riding heels make my walk just... well, let's just say she seems to like the effect.

Bought one pair as a gag for a costume party (Goodwill $10 specials), and the other pair is about a $400 pair given to me by a family member because mine were the only feet in the extended family that would fit them... and they fit like a glove.

Come cold weather, I might just have to slip them on again.

But the big block-color shirts? No frickin' way, thank you very much. My brother loves them, I think they're dorky as hell. Give me a denim or flannel shirt, faded and worn Levi 550s , my boots, and *THEN* I'll consider the hat.