User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Has anyone used Apple Bluetooth Headset-Is there a better headset?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Has anyone used Apple Bluetooth Headset-Is there a better headset?
markw10
Awaiting Email Confirmation

2007-07-03, 21:18

I tried to purchase a bluetooth headset when I purchased my iPhone on Friday. At the time they told me they didn't have any of the Apple Bluetooth Headsets in stock. They suggested Jabra, Plantronics, or Jawbone. I like Apple products so really thought it would be best to use Apple's bluetooth headset.
From looking at pictures though it seems it just has the earbud piece that fits in the ear but it doesn't have the usual ear loop that loops behind the ear. Does this type of setup really work well? What are opinions of people who have used this headset?
Is there another headset I should look at instead?
bender0069

2007-07-03, 22:12

Here

I would go with the jawbone. I haven't really heard a lot about the apple bluetooth earpiece, but I think it would be hard to keep it in your ear without a loop.
almost2mac

2007-07-06, 12:20

Is there any way to make podcasts stream to wireless bluetooth? I want my headphone to behave like the white earbuds...since you can do phone and music through the wired headpieces it doesn't seem there should be a *mechanical* reason why played audio couldn't go to the headset...
elvia

2007-07-31, 21:14

i just got my Apple Bluetooth earpiece today. the sound is very good. But I can't get it to stay in my ear. I guess would be ok if you didn't have a active lifestyle or just say at a desk. It just doesn't fit that well in my ear. I am disappointed. I will try it for a day or so and if it don't work out, Jawbone here I come. If you are talking on the phone you can also listen to the ipod. But when you hang up, it shuts off
mrjinglesusa

2007-08-04, 10:23

Another vote for Jawbone. Best BT headsets out there IMO.
elvia

2007-08-10, 23:47

I just received my jawbone tonight. Can't wait to try it out
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2007-08-11, 00:20

The Apple Bluetooth headset just seems too expensive to me. I figured Apple would probably charge $99 for it - but $129? WTF? Advanced models like the Jawbone can break the $100 barrier, but the Apple Bluetooth headset isn't really that advanced (besides the tiny design and "Apple touches").

I'm really not sure why Apple saw the need to make two separate iPhone docks, and two different power cables. I'm sure simply making the headset-enabled versions of those standard would allow Apple to drop the price of the headset. It would also waste less plastic and the like.

I'm not trying to be neiltc13 here, but...well...I wouldn't recommend the Apple headset at that price.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Track_40

2007-08-11, 21:17

I have had several BT headsets... The Jawbone is the best headset I've ever owned - PERIOD. Not only can I wear it for 8 hours straight and not have any pain, but it really works... it really isolates the ambient noise surrounding you from the party on the other end of your call.

I bought my Jawbone from Jawbone.com the day it was available in Black... Jan 26 '07... and if it ever died, I'd buy another in a heartbeat.
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2007-08-11, 22:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
I'm not trying to be neiltc13 here, but...well...I wouldn't recommend the Apple headset at that price.
neiltc13 is the new macgeek2xxx now? I'm down if you're down.

Oh yeah, and I bought an Apple Bluetooth Headset today. But I haven't used it yet, because I have zero service at my house. I think I'm in a gully or something. I get service pretty much everywhere but here. Lame

I'll let everyone know...

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2007-08-12, 00:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
neiltc13 is the new macgeek2xxx now? I'm down if you're down.

Oh yeah, and I bought an Apple Bluetooth Headset today. But I haven't used it yet, because I have zero service at my house. I think I'm in a gully or something. I get service pretty much everywhere but here. Lame

I'll let everyone know...
Let me know how it is. I'm not a bluetooth headset person at all, but if you say it's worth the dough, I'll recommend it to my friends.

When I let my friends get iPhones.

I have to be first

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong