AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Ditching school tomorrow...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Ditching school tomorrow...
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2006-12-21, 18:41

...For the first time in three years. Yes, I haven't missed a day of school since grade 9 (and even then, only due to illness), and now I'm a senior. Time to lose my school-skipping virginity.

Why tomorrow? First and foremost, I do what I want. :] Second, Christmas break begins this weekend, and I don't have anything important for which I need to attend tomorrow; being the Friday before Christmas break, most of the teachers don't have anything new planned anyhow.

In effect, I'm extending my break to eleven days (rather than ten) and giving myself a heretofore unplanned day of Awesome™.

Here's my preliminary agenda:
  • convince a half-dozen friends to join in my act of educational disobedience
  • spend most of the night on IM, IRC, AN, digg, etc.
  • sleep half the morning away
  • TBA
  • TBA
  • go to my pal Ronnie's annual Christmahanakwanzaramagargamadanacafet [sic] party in the evening

The TBA is where you guys and gals come in... what should I do to make this Friday unforgettable?

You ask me for a hamburger.

Last edited by atomicbartbeans : 2006-12-21 at 18:44. Reason: forgot the "fet"
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2006-12-21, 18:46

get high, listen to three6mafia, and play madden all day with the occasional soco and lime
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-12-21, 18:50

• Steal Your Best Friend's Father's Rebuild 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California
  • Kidnap your girlfriend from high school on false pretenses involving a dead grandmother
  • Speed your way into a big city (preferably Chicago) and park the Ferrari in a parking garage attended by dubious Lation-looking characters.
  • Proceed to cut away view of car being stolen.
  • Eat lunch not 5 feet away from your oblivious father.
  • Steal his cab.
  • Become main attraction of an improvised parade on a downtown street not twenty stories below your father's office.
  • Proceed to watch your best friend have a panic attack.
  • Proceed to become unbelievably irrate when you discover he has seen your girl's tatas and you haven't.
  • Proceed to use reverse psychology to get him to destroy his father's 1961 Ferrari.
  • Laugh your way to bank.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

2006-12-21, 18:52

Too bad I don't have any more rep for you, billybob... that's an awesome movie-to-bulleted-list paraphrase.
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2006-12-21, 19:06

But billybobsky forgot the tidbit about "Save Ferrari".... That was hilarious.
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2006-12-21, 19:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
get high, listen to three6mafia, and play madden all day with the occasional soco and lime
I like the way you think, sir. Mostly because SoCo is both the best and worst thing to ever happen to me.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2006-12-21, 20:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
I like the way you think, sir. Mostly because SoCo is both the best and worst thing to ever happen to me.
haha, i love it. fucked up thing is, my band may be getting sponsored by SoCo so i guarantee soon after one of us will die. its a lottery so i have a 1/5 chance. ill take those odds anyday.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
Windswept
On Pacific time

2006-12-21, 23:47

Wow, ABB, somehow I hadn't realized you were a senior.

I think ditching school tomorrow sounds like a fine plan.

I'm surprised you don't have a math teacher who's giving a test tomorrow, however. There's usually at least one such person/killjoy in every school.

I've been meaning to ask you if you could repost that spinning guinea pig that showed up in an AN thread ages ago. I thought that was really cute.

Well, I'm having real trouble thinking of something for you to do on Friday afternoon. If you were a 'junior', I might be able to think of something. But since you're a senior, you're way too cool for any of the dumb ideas I keep coming up with.
frizz

Send a message via AIM to frizz Send a message via Skype™ to frizz 
2006-12-22, 01:14

Well now, I am a 'junior' what good ideas might those be.

For future reference you see, we are already out for break.
Brave Ulysses
BANNED

2006-12-22, 01:20

Do you really need to skip school to play video games? I mean, if you are gonna skip school at least do something

I don't know, the day before breaks always was kind of a fun school day for me. Teachers kind of didn't care, many classes didn't have work and were "parties" and it was kinda nice to see everyone and wish them a happy holidays.
zsummers
Avast!

2006-12-22, 01:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept View Post

... ...

Smiley Overload! My brain just went on Smiley Overload!

I also second Brave Ulysses... skip a random day when you don't have anything to do. The day before the holidays was always my favorite.

That said, I was always too much of a sissy to skip... my parents were teachers and it was sure to get back to them. I really wish I would've, now, looking back. So here's to you, atomicbartbeans. Enjoy your extra day with one of the following:
  • Go to a local coffee shop where the old people hang out, and have a coffee with them (the looks will be worth it).
  • Watch your soaps.
  • Stay up until the sun comes up, go to bed, get up for lunch and make yourself something nice, and then go back for a nap: one of my favorite things to do over a vacation.
  • Go visit your parents at work (depending on how cool they will be with you being out of school). Tell them you "Just wanted to say hi / Just wanted to see what they do everyday / Just wanted to make sure they went to work today."
  • Do whatever the hell you please.
Whatever you do, enjoy being way, way cooler than I was at your age.
hiltond

Send a message via AIM to hiltond  
2006-12-22, 09:11

I've been talked into it. I was going to work from home today, but nooo. Work from home just turned into comp time.

Here is my plan:
Go to the record shop and music store, buy self Christmas present (I have my eye on an ART RIAA Preamp with optional USB interface and a Lou Monte album) Hmm is my iMac USB 2?
Portuguese joint for lunch, mmmm, selffish and rice
Bake
Madden in the afternoon (thanks Yontsey, what system do you play on)
Onto the nights Christmas parties.

Hope you have fun.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

2006-12-22, 09:53

Ahh, just woke up... feeling pretty great...
Quote:
I've been meaning to ask you if you could repost that spinning guinea pig that showed up in an AN thread ages ago. I thought that was really cute.
Could you be a little more specific? I posted a bunch to the "Cute Pictures" thread yesterday; maybe it's in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
Do you really need to skip school to play video games? I mean, if you are gonna skip school at least do something

I don't know, the day before breaks always was kind of a fun school day for me. Teachers kind of didn't care, many classes didn't have work and were "parties" and it was kinda nice to see everyone and wish them a happy holidays.
Well I did all my gift exchanging yesterday, and the whole idea of nothing important at school seems to me a great reason *not* to show up... I'd rather waste my time elsewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsummers View Post
That said, I was always too much of a sissy to skip... my parents were teachers and it was sure to get back to them. I really wish I would've, now, looking back.
Actually, my mom was cool with it... she just walked into my room last night and said "What reason should I give the school as to why you're absent?" I replied "I don't really care; just make something up", and that was the end of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsummers View Post
  • Go to a local coffee shop where the old people hang out, and have a coffee with them (the looks will be worth it).
  • Watch your soaps.
  • Stay up until the sun comes up, go to bed, get up for lunch and make yourself something nice, and then go back for a nap: one of my favorite things to do over a vacation.
  • Go visit your parents at work (depending on how cool they will be with you being out of school). Tell them you "Just wanted to say hi / Just wanted to see what they do everyday / Just wanted to make sure they went to work today."
  • Do whatever the hell you please.
Whatever you do, enjoy being way, way cooler than I was at your age.
Actually, I was planning to go to the Blue Frog Coffeehouse with my friend Rick (a fellow HS senior and Mac user) later today for some communal wifi leaching and latte sipping before the party; there's almost always live music there in the afternoons (some good, some not so good)... I'll see when I get there.

I'm thinking beforehand, I'll ride my bike up to ye olde high school just after classes get out, to hang out for a few minutes and wish everyone a great break.

Oh, and I forgot to mention: my mom is a substitute teacher at my high school. It's impossible for me to skip without her finding out.

AWR
Veteran Member

2006-12-22, 09:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
AWR
Veteran Member

2006-12-22, 10:00

Quote:
I'm surprised you don't have a math teacher who's giving a test tomorrow, however.

Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2006-12-22, 11:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiltond View Post
Madden in the afternoon (thanks Yontsey, what system do you play on)
xbox 360, yourself?
Wrao
Yarp

2006-12-22, 13:25

I remember skipping out on school. One time, in high school, I was poised to have a 5 day weekend by strategically missing a school event. It worked cause my folks were out of town, but when I got back to school I was hit with a disciplinary 'major'(3 of them and you are basically expelled).

But what the hey, I had a great 5 day weekend.
Zodiac
Shiny, Musky, Fleshy Member

2006-12-22, 15:46

Eh, skipping school isn't anything special. Just get drunk AT school, at least that way you'll get your name checked on the attendance sheet. And it's LOADS of fun.

Founder of the Applenova Folding Team
Barto
Student extraordinaire

2006-12-23, 00:19

I never did that Zodiac, but some Chinese kids I knew did a few times - it made for an interesting maths class!
billybobsky
BANNED

2006-12-23, 00:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrao View Post
I remember skipping out on school. One time, in high school, I was poised to have a 5 day weekend by strategically missing a school event. It worked cause my folks were out of town, but when I got back to school I was hit with a disciplinary 'major'(3 of them and you are basically expelled).

But what the hey, I had a great 5 day weekend.
See... I skipped a lot more high school than most... but I got away with it because I was a good student... no one cares if the successful ones have a few unexplained or poorly explained absences... my parents always knew and didn't really care...
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

2006-12-23, 08:49

That was quite a day.

I spent the morning installing Linux on an old PC, re-arranging my desk, and cleaning the room. Later my friend Micah came over, desperately needing technical help with his early Christmas present (a 2g iPod nano)... after that, I went to Ronnie's party, which was amazing; about 20 people filled up his living room and watched seasons 1 through 3 of Auqa Teen Hunger Force sans parents. Got familiar with a couple *very* attractive girls from a neighboring school district and ate lots of junk food.

I'd say it was a success.

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2006-12-23, 09:07

The attractive girls part is nice. The other stuff not so much.

Skip again and do more of one and less of the others.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2006-12-23, 10:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes View Post
The attractive girls part is nice. The other stuff not so much.

Skip again and do more of one and less of the others.
Yeah, what's the point in skipping if you only did stuff during the day that you would normally do at night anyway? That's like calling in sick to do laundry. It may feel rebellious, but it's not nearly as fun as it could have been.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317