Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

iChat - Video chat connection error

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iChat - Video chat connection error
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2007-11-11, 11:00

I used to be able to video no problem but now, it seems that I can't do it anymore. I already did it when I was on Leopard and my dad on Tiger. Now my dad is on Leopard and it keeps give me an error.

We are accepting the invitation, it says "beginning conversation" and then the error. Edit: It says that no response has been receive.

I've changed the port from 5190 to 443 but it doesn't change anything. I also added iChat in the list of the firewall. Do you guys have any suggestion that could solve this ?

I thought I posted in Genius Bar... sorry

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."

Last edited by dmegatool : 2007-11-11 at 11:36.
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2007-11-18, 10:31

Found a solution for my ichat conections problems. I thought that I should share it as it could help somebody else.

I just turned off my internet sharing. That's it ! Everything is back to normal now.

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."
omem

2007-11-20, 04:53

From my experience, iChat crashes all the time, it's annoying.
dfiler
Veteran Member

2007-11-21, 13:32

I've sporadically experienced this error, in one form or another, with all versions of iChat.

So far, it hasn't been possible to isolate the cause. There are thousands of related posts on apple's discussion boards but so far no fix is known. Some iChat problems are solvable but huge numbers of users find no solution.

Unfortunately, iChat really is that flaky and it isn't likely to get better any time soon. Sorry to say, but I'd be willing to bet the error crops up for you again. (But we'll hope not )
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2007-11-21, 14:29

I've never been able to successfully have a video chat with my sister always getting connection errors. Skype works fine.