Holy crap, bees (large image)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Holy crap, bees (large image)
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-11-13, 19:30

This is insane.

BEEEEEEEES

EDIT: Kinda sad though, they were honey bees, not wasps/hornets, but with a nest that size right in your backyard, I can understand.
cosus
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to cosus Send a message via AIM to cosus Send a message via MSN to cosus Send a message via Yahoo to cosus Send a message via Skype™ to cosus 
2008-11-13, 19:38

I was once waiting for someone to come get me on a windy day two years ago. As I was waiting I was surrounded by a swarm. Originally I thought they were just fruit flies, but it all soon became clear as the swarm got bigger. Thank God I wasn't stung, but they seemed really friendly for a swarm of anything.

Retired 8 years ahead of schedule.

Last edited by cosus : 2008-11-13 at 19:40. Reason: Looks delicious.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2008-11-13, 19:41

I don't understand at all. You should be calling the bee guy to come get the nest and move it. There is no excuse for killing all a whole nest of honey bees like that. With honey bee numbers dwindling this is inexcusable in my opinion. They're vital for pollination purposes...

User formally known as Sh0eWax
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-11-13, 19:45

People said the same thing where I originally found this. The point was raised that the guy who did this probably didn't know what kind of bees they were and probably didn't want to get close enough to determine if they were bees or wasps until after.

The other thing is I believe this image probably originated a few years ago before the honeybee disappearance got so much press.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2008-11-13, 19:47

Good points... its a shame tho, bee keeper probably would have paid said guy for his bee hive.
Souflay123

Send a message via AIM to Souflay123  
2008-11-14, 00:41

holy shit!!
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2008-11-14, 11:02

And now we know what happened to all the honey-bees. Dude should've called animal control or whoever handles that. Let the guy come out in a bee suit and figure out what's under there, then decide to kill them or not.

But seriously... I'm thinking that guy didn't use his grill very often. WTF.

...into the light of a dark black night.
Gargoyle
http://ga.rgoyle.com

2008-11-14, 18:16

Well I hope that he served up some nice fresh honey with that BBQ - and used the honey in some home made BBQ sauce.. less the bees die for nothing!

OK, I have given up keeping this sig up to date. Lets just say I'm the guy that installs every latest version as soon as its available!
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2008-11-14, 18:22

Mmmm....insecticide flavoured honey BBQ sauce.....

Not the best idea....

Beehives are cool - especially naturally-formed ones like that. Shame he killed them, but I guess he may have mistaken them for wasps? Wasps nests are sort of cool too, in a sinister way. On holiday earlier this year, the house we were satying in had a little 6" bell outside. For some reason it wouldn't ring, so upon looking inside I found a tiny wasps nest! It totally filled the body of the bell, but you couldn't see it from above. It was cool, though.