AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: 1.15 - Bees!!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: 1.15 - Bees!!
Page 2 of 5 Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5  Next Thread Tools
drewprops
Space Pirate

2019-12-24, 00:34

Yay! Hope I'm able to come be terrified of EVERYTHING!!!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-12-24, 03:52

New temporary world is now running in 1.15.
kleini
BANNED
I am a filthy spammer.

2019-12-24, 09:01

Spiders are really cool. Thanks.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-24, 11:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleini View Post
Spiders are really cool. Thanks.
Spiders are really cool. What can you tell us about them?

Last edited by kscherer : 2019-12-24 at 12:18.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-24, 12:51

I jumped in for a bit today and spawned right in the middle of a dark thunderstorm. Made my way directly south and made a quick base at the foot of the mountains just above the river. It's a ver quick jaunt. Feel free to use the base if you need to. There are salmon in the river and plenty of coal hanging off the cliffs.

Edit: -151, 314

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2019-12-24 at 13:51.
¡Damned!

2019-12-24, 15:31

Farted around a little this morning as well before taking off for the day. Found Brad’s setup in a northern village, and another very nearby village just north of that. I’ve only found ONE bee’s nest. Rare af.

Viewing distance seems improved, yes?

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-24, 15:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Viewing distance seems improved, yes?
I would have to say quite a lot, actually.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-12-24, 16:13

I might have bumped the server-side maximum distance from 10 to 12 chunks, at least for the temporary world, since we don't have lots of crazy structures that bog down client-side rendering.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2019-12-25, 01:10

Oooo! I hope to enter in tomorrow!

Maybe we can have an adventure?!
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-26, 19:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
FFound Brad’s setup in a northern village, and another very nearby village just north of that.
I might have found those villages myself, but not until I raided a lantern or 6 did I find Brad's hut. Oops!
¡Damned!

2019-12-26, 20:51

I’m just starting a setup in the village @roughly 300/300. Plz no looting or night visiting (until I get it lit up and fenced off) .

Early Minecraft is hard!

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-27, 00:45

No doubt.

I think I might have snagged some hay and some bells. Then I found steps leading down into the abyss and said "oops" again.

Sorry.
¡Damned!

2019-12-29, 21:38

That must've been the village N of Brad's (where I took shelter and tunneled down from inside the church). I'm over E a bit renovating the village with the chasm running through it.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-30, 12:16

Ah, OK. I found that one, too, but saw the bed first thing when I moved in to raid the villagers!

If no one cares, I'll go back to that other village north of Brad's. I put those bells back, but if there is no claim on them, then I want them.

P.S. I'm all for leaving this server live for a minute or two. It's fun starting over.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
¡Damned!

2019-12-30, 16:03

After grabbing a chest that I left there I may have looted 2 of the bells on my way out . You can have them if you've got a use for them (I really don't) – they're in one of the double chests at the chasm village. Just finished the fencing and it's still not totally lit up, so beware.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-30, 16:44

I'm only using them for decorationy reasons.

Seems that they can be triggered by redstone connected to light sensors. Thus, you could have a light sensor in your village that triggers a bell. When the bell rings, the villagers will all run inside.

¡Damned!

2019-12-31, 11:30

Hmm. Bees still might be a little glitchy in 1.15.1. I've been breeding them and building hives but they seem to be disappearing. I had a dozen or so a day ago and now there's only two... maybe they're flying off?

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-12-31, 11:54

I've seen them come out of the hives once you collect the honey. Is it they are just hiding out?
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-31, 13:55

Two things:

1) Bees fly off to pollinate flowers. Perhaps they are "out there doing their job?"

2) Bees are nowhere to be seen! Glad you found them, but I have yet to see a single bee, or hive, or bee near a hive, or hive near a bee.

¡Damned!

2019-12-31, 14:39

I have a bunch of flowers around the hives, but maybe they went to find some tastier ones? They were a pain to lasso and bring hundreds of blocks over to the village, but bees gonna do bee things I suppose.

Also learned a new thing about stray cats: if you don't tame them they will despawn. Spay and neuter your local strays!

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-31, 14:47

kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-31, 16:40

If anybody cares, the Nether is now open at my place.
¡Damned!

2019-12-31, 16:50

I found that out the hard way by linking to your Nether portal from my village!

I thought, "well this is new, 1.15 puts a safety enclosure around the nether portal?". Then realized what the deal was when I walked back through and got sent to your place.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2019-12-31 at 17:08.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-01-01, 16:53

It’s especially funny to me that we’re both nethering at the same time. Apparently, we share some priorities.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-01-01, 19:21

Since I materialized in a hole, just before dark, with a baddie nearby, I spent 3 nights making a really shitty hideout, in case anybody wants to waste their time there instead.

I can't even remember the keystroke for invoking all the environmental info, which is simply embarrassing.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-01-01, 20:10

F3

kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-01-01, 20:39

Well suck a stick!

I got raided and now have *bad omen*, which means if I come to one of your villages, you'll get sacked!

But, hey, I've got me a banner!

Edit: On this, Grey and I put the raid defense to the test out at his village. Quite fun, actually. There were three successive raids of 4, 5, and then 5 plus a monster thingy. Since we were victorious, the villagers started throwing gifts at us and giving us "discounts" on their merch. Funny stuff. They throw clay, gold axes, lamb chops, clay, a single seed. Also, the beast dropped a saddle, leather, and something I forget. So, they're worth whacking! However, keep in mind that Grey has his village well defended. Otherwise, the raiders would have likely slaughtered the villagers …

… which might be kind of fun to watch.

Last edited by kscherer : 2020-01-03 at 13:02.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-01-03, 12:57

Well, if anyone cares, there is a path to a fortress way out in the Nether. The path begins immediately behind My Nether portal. There is a very crude, still under construction Blaze trap at the termination. I got a few blaze rods from them, but they're a swarm of yellow jackets in there, so use caution. The trap needs a lot of work to be safe. I'll get to it when I have time.

*CAUTION*

The path is an unprotected netherack death-race, so watch for Ghasts that might blow a hole in it behind you. I've had the path shot in half right behind me! Travel with repair bits.

Also, there is a portal out at the trap. Don't know why I put it there, other than I got my "shortcuts to far away places" concept bass-ackward. Anyway, it will dump you into the world out around -3500/4000 and another hastily protected portal, and right in the middle of a birch forrest filled with scary things.

Dr. Bobsky

2020-01-03, 13:29

To think we used to be the raiders of the villages. How far you’ve come... I still murder them when I see them...
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-01-03, 14:30

Oh, believe me, when they get in my way I don't waste any time.

The traders that come around are a royal pain, what with their talking donkeys and all. They make so much noise that I just clock them and get back to work.

Grey does a nice job with them. Credit to him for that. I haven't got the patience for all the mindless babbling.