User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

Wait a second, did I read that right? OSX for Intel? And other musings.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Wait a second, did I read that right? OSX for Intel? And other musings.
Page 4 of 4 Previous 1 2 3 [4]  Thread Tools
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-05-26, 13:59

Thanks a lot for bring up a long-since dead discussion and spewing more ignorant garbage into it. Saying Darwin = Mac OS X is on the same order of absurdity as saying that DOS = Windows.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2005-05-26, 14:30

I don't think this will happen. However, I also somewhat disagree with the premise that Apple makes most of its money from hardware. That may be technically true, but I would argue that most people "buy" into Apple in large part due to OS X. Obviously, since one can only get OS X on Macs, that is what one has to buy. For example, I would not buy a Mac, if the OS was Windows XP. If OS X ran on a Dell, I may consider buying a Dell. Having said that, as I stated at the outset, I don't think any of this will come to pass.

SlackerDX

2005-05-26, 15:15

Every time someone mentions "the clones," I think of Yoda's final line from Episode II: "Begun, the Clone War has." I get a slight chuckle out of imagining Yoda discussing Apple computers and the clone days...

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-05-26, 16:22

I say we hose both of the OS X on Intel threads right now and ban any further discussion of it until there's actually concrete evidence it could happen. Evidence like uhhh, oh I dunno... Apple saying publicly that they're considering it, or developers saying "SURE, we'd love to participate in another Apple platform change so we can spend more money on R&D instead of getting a decent ROI for our existing OS X software."

...into the light of a dark black night.

NaMo4184

2005-05-26, 16:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs
I say we hose both of the OS X on Intel threads right now and ban any further discussion of it until there's actually concrete evidence it could happen. Evidence like uhhh, oh I dunno... Apple saying publicly that they're considering it, or developers saying "SURE, we'd love to participate in another Apple platform change so we can spend more money on R&D instead of getting a decent ROI for our existing OS X software."

That would kind of defeat the purpose of rumor and speculation i think. Why doesn't everyone who knows better just ignore this thread and let the kids play.

onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

Send a message via AIM to onlyafterdark  
2005-05-26, 16:30

There is a difference between rumor & speculation and just plane crap. If the kids want to play like this, let them do it somewhere else.

</end rant>

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-05-26, 16:35

Moogs and onlyafterdark are right. It shall be done.