Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

-48 iTunes/iPod Error Message?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
-48 iTunes/iPod Error Message?
MagSafe

2006-12-26, 22:38

Hi there,

Just a quick message before I head off to bed...

I recently restored my Mac Mini by using the included discs, everything went fine, but for some reason whenever I go to update my iPod now it comes up with an error message saying something similar to: "Apple iTunes cannot copy the media files to your iPod (Error -48)".

I've searched around the iTunes Support website but can't seem to find anything on the subject , it's happening on both Music & Video Podcasts (but not Movies ... yet).

Hoping someone can help...

Steven.

Find me on Twitter: @StevenMcLintock
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-12-26, 22:41

Is this a 5G iPod?
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-12-26, 22:43

Zevoneer has a workaround at http://discussions.apple.com/message...756475#3756475
steve77uk

Send a message via AIM to steve77uk Send a message via MSN to steve77uk Send a message via Skype™ to steve77uk 
2006-12-27, 05:23

I had this MagSafe, get it quite a bit actually...

The HDD structure of the iPod is screwed, do a Disk Repair in Disk Utility and it should fix the issue... It worked for me, I have had to do it a couple of times...
MagSafe

2006-12-27, 15:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
Is this a 5G iPod?
It is indeed.

Thanks Chucker & steve77uk, i tried that and it seems to have worked, i've just repaired & erased it with Disk Utility (there was a disk error) and restored it via iTunes.

Everything went smoothly but I have a feeling when I go to next update it next it will probably happen again ... so i guess i'll just have to sit back, enjoy my music and wait it out until Apple provide a fix

I'm thinking ... the hard drive can't be knackered, it's restoring without any problems and loading 15GB's of music onto it without a hitch. I noticed it even happened to someone with a new 80GB iPod? Strange, oh well ... like I said I'll be keeping a close eye on this and waiting for a fix

Find me on Twitter: @StevenMcLintock
steve77uk

Send a message via AIM to steve77uk Send a message via MSN to steve77uk Send a message via Skype™ to steve77uk 
2006-12-27, 16:10

No Worries...

I found that it caused me no end of problems when I went from one iMacG5 to the new 24" one, but the disk utility fixed it and did have the problem again a month or so later, however, I have just done that update thru iTunes for the iPod and seems to be OK now... maybe they fixed this problem with the software update...?