AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Star Wars Episode III TV Spots

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Star Wars Episode III TV Spots
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
.Hack
Valiant Vicks Vizier

2005-04-02, 00:37

ok, I've got to admit, this could've been put in the star wars movie thread. But yeah, it does look insanely awesome!
macgeek2004

2005-04-02, 00:46

oh yeah. Sorry about that.
.Hack
Valiant Vicks Vizier

2005-04-02, 00:55

No biggie . But back to star wars! This really, REALLY looks like a great production. I'm also looking forward to the digital effects that always seem to blow away viewers!
macgeek2004

2005-04-02, 01:41

It will be the greatest Star Wars Movie. Everyone can sense it. Why can't you?
johnq
Multi-touch Piñata

2005-04-02, 01:52

Some of those ads have such poorly slapped together snippets of the musical theme, it's appalling.
.Hack
Valiant Vicks Vizier

2005-04-02, 02:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek2004
um... did you not read my post... Just because I said that the special effects are another part of the movie that I'm looking forward to, doesn't mean that I don't think that episode 3 will be a great movie. Why can't you sense context clues? Maybe I was asking too much for you to pick up on "...movie looks insanely awesome..." and "...great production..."
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-04-02, 02:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek2004
If by "everyone" you mean "macgeek2004" then I guess you're right.

By the way, check your first two links. They're 404d.
nato64

Send a message via AIM to nato64  
2005-04-02, 06:47

those are very very good... some of the best lines delivered in the prequels and even the OT. hayden's "the jedi turned their back on me" and natalie's "you're breaking my heart" in the tragedy spot are fantastic. maybe GL will kick ass. i sure hope so.

but the sound editing in the dark side unleashed... i shudder. horrible, mainly at the end. other than that they're all awesome and i can't wait til may 19th!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-04-02, 06:55

Dude, you're obsessed. Pull back the reins just a tad. Isn't this about your 11th or so "Episode III" thread?

It might be the greatest thing since a prom night handjob, but your tendency to bicker and argue with anyone who might not share your enthusiasm is getting tiresome, and annoying.

Accept this: not everyone is into this stuff, okay? So if they don't join you in a collective Force hard-on, give them some slack. Starting threads over and over again on the same topic, and then berating folks when they don't see it your way...goofy, at best.

And yes, I'm looking forward to Episode III very much. But I'm going to reserve judgement on its greatness until I SEE it, thanks. Movie trailers are SUPPOSED to look good and hit on all cylinders...that's their job.

In fact, every movie I've ever been let down and disappointed by (most notably, "The Phantom Menace") had pretty awesome trailers...I mean, that's probably part of the reason I was THERE in the first place, right?

To paraphrase your little buddy: "heh...trailers not make film great, hmm?"

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2005-04-02 at 07:09.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2005-04-02, 10:40

Go here. And stop bothering us.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-04-02, 11:33

Thanks for the 'heads up!'

"Anakin - you're breaking my heart" ... Portman rocks!
JLL

2005-04-02, 12:02

Something about the three new movies that bothers me (unless something is explained in the third one) is that C3PO and R2D2 doesn't seem to recognize Skywalker Ranch in A New Hope.

They have both been there before and C3PO is built by Anakin.

- No matter where you go, there you are.
Franz Josef
Passing by

2005-04-02, 13:53

Good trailers - but you can have too much of a good thing
Wrao
Yarp

2005-04-02, 14:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLL
Something about the three new movies that bothers me (unless something is explained in the third one) is that C3PO and R2D2 doesn't seem to recognize Skywalker Ranch in A New Hope.

R2 obviously does, he knows exactly where he is and where to get to his target(ben kenobi) C3PO comments on this himself when he notes that he can't even remember what the ship he was just on was doing, or who the crew was or what "someone important...I think"
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-04-02, 14:34

I think that's stretching it a bit, though, just to try to fit Lucas' current conundrum.
Wrao
Yarp

2005-04-02, 15:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
I think that's stretching it a bit, though, just to try to fit Lucas' current conundrum.
I dunno, the one thing that throws a wrench in the gears is when C3PO later retells the story to the ewoks masterfully and verbosely, showing that he actually has a capacity for memory. But up until then, he really isn't one for fine details, let alone memory. (not too mention the fact that in Return of the Jedi he had been rebuilt by chewbacca, perhaps the walking carpet did a better job than anakin regarding C3POs memory circuits )
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-04-02, 15:21

I bought the novelization today (couldn't help myself). First hardback book I've bought since Robert Bork's "Slouching Towards Gomorrah" (sp?) about 10 or so years ago...

I know the movie may deviate a tad (always does), but so far it's reading wonderfully. Very crisp, some underlying evil/bad mojo permeating everything, you feel sorry for Anakin, root for Obi-Wan, etc.

Good stuff. Books - compared to movies - always are.

Today's the day when all the books and toys came out, so they had a huge table of them at Books-A-Million: the screenplay, sticker books, the novelization I opted for, "The Art of Episode III" (very cool!), the weapons/technology books, cutaway drawing books of the vehicles and so forth, etc.

If you're interested in "Episode III", get your butt to Barnes & Noble or whatever bookstore you like: gobs of stuff to look through.

There was one - it was quite amazing and I may buy it eventually - called "
The Making of Revenge of the Sith". Large, thick softcover. Broken down into three sections: pre-production/conceptualization (page after page of kick-ass drawings, mockups, etc. of the various planets, vehicles, weapons, characters, wardrobes, characters, etc. The second section was the actual filming, with, again, tons of photos of on-set goings on, pics of the cast and crew doing their thing, lots of green screen soundstage shots, behind the scenes with costume and make-up people (include Vader and Chewbacca's costumes, fitting, etc.) and the third section was "Digital", and all the character, vehicle and scene CGI and FX...AMAZING STUFF!!!

Best part? Throughout the book, generous, detailed writing, captions, pull-quotes pertaining to each stage. Cool behind-the-scenes recounting of how General Grievous came to be, the design for Vader's "put together" room, how George came to the artists and said things like "I need 7 planets..." and off they'd go.

Really cool, in the middle section (the actual filming with actors part), there is a DAY-BY-DAY breakdown of the scenes shot, actors involved, any stunts or FX needed in post-production notated, anecdotes, etc.

Hell, after writing all this I probably should've bought THAT book today instead...

Very kick-ass and a great "over the shoulder" peak at the making of this movie, from the three major aspects (pre-production, live filming, post-production digital work)!
Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-04-02, 20:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLL

I know this will sound like a cop-out but I think GL has stated that the droids have their memory banks erased at the end of ROTS.

I presume Artoo knew his way around Tatooine and how to look for Obi Wan b/c Princess Leia programmed that info into the little unit (perhaps) at the beginning of ANH.

All I want is a simple life
twitter
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-04-02, 20:48

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!! DON'T SCROLL DOWN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW A LITTLE SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ARTOO/THREEPIO THING, ACCORDING TO THE NOVELIZATION

Actually, Threepio is the only one of the two to have his memory wiped at ROTS's end. He prooves himself to be a bit of a blabbermouth, and Jimmy Smits' character deems it necessary.

Artoo, it's determined, can be trusted with all this heavy info, and isn't such a concern. By the time ROTS takes place, Artoo has proven himself to be very brave and resourceful, and liked by everyone. He's even been "decorated for bravery" for some previous exploits talked about in the novel.

That's probably why he seems so determined and focused (and, in Threepio's eyes, cryptic and stubborn) in "A New Hope"...Artoo knows EXACTLY what he's doing, who he's looking for, what's at stake, etc.

Threepio isn't much more than a fussy handwringer, and a bit of an annoying pain in the butt.

Also, it's talked about a pretty strong bond that has developed between Anakin and Artoo. Anakin, we find out, is responsible for most of Artoo's cool functions (saws, thrusters, grabbing arms, a cable shooter, etc.).

Which makes the connection/bond between Artoo and Luke in "Empire" and ROTJ kinda neat, and makes sense. Artoo's just doing what he did for his master's father 20 years earlier.

Threepio seems to work most people's nerves in this novel (at one point or another, Obi-Wan, Padmé and Bail Organa all have a moment of "Threepio exasperation", and lash out at him a bit).

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2005-04-02 at 20:59.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-04-02, 21:54

Thanks 'scates - nice insight ... ties it together well!
BlueRabbit
Veteran Member

2005-04-02, 23:52

Wow, the music in those was really chopped up, especially at the end of each one. You'd think they'd be able to blend it together at least a bit better.

Also, it's interesting to note that the site has a "Think Different" logo next to the Get Quicktime link, especially since Apple's Think Different page just died.
macgeek2004

2005-04-18, 15:59

Well. This is the only Star Wars thread that isn't locked, and theres a bunch of footage (about a minute) from the space battle of episode III that came out on German TV. Theres also like a ten second clip of General Grievous walking around in his ship.

If anyone want's this, I have an mpg file 17.5mb. PM me.
macgeek2004

2005-04-18, 16:54

okay, heres the link.

h**p://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1ZACU879MZ1F80RGC3HRT6PVTM

Theres lots of Space Battle footage here. It looks AWESOME!!!
.Hack
Valiant Vicks Vizier

2005-04-18, 18:50

I thought we were locking all Star Wars threads from here on out... We've beaten this poor horse to death already.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-04-18, 19:03

macgeek... wh*t's w*th th* *ditin* of th* U*L?

D0|\|+ u n0 +415 15 /\/\uch k3l\/\/l3r??
macgeek2004

2005-04-18, 22:23

explain what you mean
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-04-18, 22:25

Links don't start with "h**p" and there's no reason for you to censor it, is there?
macgeek2004

2005-04-19, 00:05

Does anyone want to comment on these amazing TV Spots?

I personally thought they were stunning.