AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Mach 3 Blades/Shaving in general

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Mach 3 Blades/Shaving in general
Page 3 of 4 Previous 1 2 [3] 4  Next Thread Tools
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-02-16, 21:00

Thigh burn. I've heard it's a deal killer.
sunrain
Veteran Member

2005-02-17, 01:23

I've recently started using Gillette's Sensor 3 razors instead of Sensor Excel. It's a nice cross between the Sensor Excel and Mach 3 lines. I prefer the smaller footprint and the extra blade is very effective. They're fairly hard to find though.

Anyone else like them?

"What a computer is to me is it's the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with, and it's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."
- Steve Jobs
groverat

2005-02-17, 10:07

Carol:

You want some personal information, check this out...

I have two Mach 3's, one for my face and one in the shower for my balls. Pre-shower you go after the area with the beard trimmer to make sure everything is nice and cropped. Leave the patch short (long enough to not be scratchy) and then, after the skin is prepared with hot water and lather, shave the areas most likely to create stench. Don't be a wuss, just lather it up, pull the skin taught then whammy!

If I could afford Brazilian waxes I'd be all over it.

I started this about 6 months ago and I'll never go back, I feel 10x cleaner at all times.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2005-02-17, 14:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat
Carol:

You want some personal information, check this out...

I have two Mach 3's, one for my face and one in the shower for my balls. Pre-shower you go after the area with the beard trimmer to make sure everything is nice and cropped. Leave the patch short (long enough to not be scratchy) and then, after the skin is prepared with hot water and lather, shave the areas most likely to create stench. Don't be a wuss, just lather it up, pull the skin taught then whammy!

If I could afford Brazilian waxes I'd be all over it.

I started this about 6 months ago and I'll never go back, I feel 10x cleaner at all times.

Omg. Hi Groverat. Well, to be clear, I didn't actually ASK for personal information. But when people are offering it, I'm certainly curious enough to read what they have to say.

I think it's interesting that that particular aspect of grooming seems to make such a difference to you.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-02-17, 15:23

OMFG yes... I'm with 'rat on this one.

And 'rat... unless you're willing to pay for the waxing in perpetuity, don't get started. You'll be ruined for life on shaving if you stop. It just ain't the same.
groverat

2005-02-17, 15:43

Ball-shavers of the world unite, don't be afraid! YEAH!
stonyc

Send a message via AIM to stonyc  
2005-02-17, 15:52

Quote:
To quote Kal Penn from 'Harold and Kumar Go To Whitecastle': "It totally makes your johnson look bigger!"

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2005-02-17, 15:52

Quote:
I totally agree, it needs to be done especially if someone is really hairy. Cause if not, things can only get gross.

I'd be curious if someone could formulate a poll about this topic.

User formally known as Sh0eWax
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2005-02-17, 15:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha
Thigh burn. I've heard it's a deal killer.

LMAO - I just saw this line, I must have overlooked it.

Windswept
On Pacific time

2005-02-17, 16:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0eWax
I totally agree, it needs to be done especially if someone is really hairy. Cause if not, things can only get gross.

Hey, Kickaha, is there any chance you could put together a comprehensive poll on this topic (since you chimed in in such a timely fashion)? No? Yes? Maybe?

And if so, could you run it past me before posting, in case I can think of more questions?

Or put it in the mod forum first, so we can ALL add questions? I imagine our eloquent and perceptive admins (), alcimedes, murbot, LoCash and Brad, could help refine the poll. (Especially LoCash, who shaves just about everything! heh)

Last edited by Windswept : 2005-02-17 at 18:50.
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2005-02-17, 18:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0eWax

Of course it has to be done - anyone who cares about personal grooming, well, you groom your whole person! (at least I do).

But what I don't get is having two seperate razors. I mean I kinda get it, but when I bathe, I'm as clean as I'm going to get all over.
And if a razor is good enough for my face, it's sure as hell good enough for my balls.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2005-02-17, 19:01

Okay, I do have personal and undoubtedly impertinent questions.

1.) Do you guys shave your balls mainly :

a) because YOU prefer to

b) because your partner prefers it

c) a and b equally

2.) Does anyone completely shave their entire nether region, including ALL pubic hair?

If so, do you do this:

a) because YOU prefer to

c) a and b equally

3.) Do competitive swimmers and bicycle racers shave their pubic hair too, or just arms, legs, chest? LoCash? DMBand?

No one has to answer any of this, of course. But it's fun to ask anyway.

Last edited by Windswept : 2005-02-17 at 19:13.
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2005-02-17, 21:14

Well, speaking as a hairy guy, I mostly just trim my body hair using an electric and small scissors, but a few places get shaved. You can hopefully guess which ones. It's just a lot more comfortable day in and day out. If you know what chafed skin feels like down there, imagine hair getting pulled and twisted. Plus I figure that I like a woman to shave her legs and trim her pubic hair, so I should be so considerate in return. I just always figured that you care for your skin, you care for your hair on your head, it's just logical to control and groom your body hair as a matter of good hygienic practice.

FWIW, I think it's somewhere between kinky and perverse to go naked mole rat, regardless of whether you're male or female. That is, unless you're very serious about one of the aforementioned sports.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-02-17, 23:07

*Naked mole rat*?!?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*hee*

Oh that's just *perfect*. Heh.

Carol, I'll see about that pole for you.

POLL! I meant to say POLL!

Dammit.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2005-02-17, 23:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha
*Naked mole rat*?!?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*hee*

Oh that's just *perfect*. Heh.

Carol, I'll see about that pole for you.

POLL! I meant to say POLL!

Dammit.
Uh-huh, right. You meant to say 'poll'. Yeah, right.

Oh, Kickaha. You *are* a truly naughty boy. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

I guess I'll just have to smack you on the wrist with this handy yardstick I happened to acquire recently. Take THAT and THAT. (*smack, smack*)

Have you learned your lesson now, or would more punishment be in order?

Oh, okay, good. Glad to hear you plan on mending your ways.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-02-17, 23:38

Oh great. Teach has a yardstick. Now we're in serious trouble.

Barto
Student extraordinaire

2005-02-18, 00:27

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2005-02-18, 00:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol

a) because YOU prefer to

c) a and b equally

2.) Does anyone completely shave their entire nether region, including ALL pubic hair?

If so, do you do this:

a) because YOU prefer to

c) a and b equally

3.) Do competitive swimmers and bicycle racers shave their pubic hair too, or just arms, legs, chest? LoCash? DMBand?

No one has to answer any of this, of course. But it's fun to ask anyway.
As having done all of this before, I'll go for it.

1) c. - Both my girlfriend and I agree that business goes the smoothest if things are trimmed downstairs.

2) a. - I tried it once to see how it was, and I couldn't stand having all of it shaved, especially if you neglected it for more than 2 days, it would start to itch all over.

Thus now I've settled on a combination of 1 & 2, all of the balls (or scrotum if you will) is shaved, but the rest of the area is trimmed.

I did competitive swimming for multiple years (7ish) and only for the last 4 did I shave at all. Usually swimmers like to shave their head, legs, arms, and chest. Pubic region is unnecessary because it is covered by your jammers (if you wear long jammers) or mostly covered by your speed-o if you wear speed-o's. We also like to lube under your arms and between the legs, but that is illegal for competition.

User formally known as Sh0eWax

Last edited by Maciej : 2005-02-18 at 00:37. Reason: spelling :\
groverat

2005-02-18, 08:48

It's not just the balls, Carol dear, for me it's the entire public region save the patch above the wang which is kept short-but-not-scratchy. So that's under the balls, back from there (as far as I'm comfortable reaching with a razor) and the thigh area around the balls and small scissors for the little hairs around the tree.

I don't like completely bare crotch, either on myself or my partner (my ideal is the landing strip for the lady). She used to shave completely because she thought I'd like it, I just assumed she did it for herself then she stopped and I didn't really care (still keeps very trimmed up). I read a long discussion about it, decided to try it and loved it. She says she likes it, of course I never heard any complaints before so I think she's more interested in the shaft than the surrounding foliage.

Just because you're a man doesn't mean you have to be gross.

This is one of my favorite topics.
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2005-02-18, 09:06

Quote:

I don't know any cyclists that do. All the competitive cyclists I know are peeved enough shaving their arms and legs. Some do their chest too, I don't. So I don't know anybody that would want to continue down to their pubic region. *shrugs*

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
fosterhere

2005-02-18, 09:46

Fist I love my Gillette Mach 3 turbo with the vibration I shave my head totally bald. Around 38 or so I was loosing just enough hair topside to say fuck it, so off it went. I never ever nick my head with the Mach 3.

As a former bicycle racer I used to shave my legs. I remember the first time I asked my coach and teammates about why they shaved their legs. We were driving out to Trexler Town PA. We were in a van in the middle of nowhere I was about 12 or 13 at the time. The coach driving said mater a fact, "Joe, didn't ya know WE ARE ALL GAY" sounds funny now but imagine you are 12 and in a van full of older guys in the middle of nowhere . Later on in life I got my vengeance. I was heading home on the subway in NYC after a long Park Race. I was tired and dirty. I had my bike over my shoulder and getting on the subway. When this goomba and his guidete are looking me. Goomba is telling his bride how he knows why we shave our legs, it's to make us more aerodynamic, right , right right hem right, tell her I'm right. In my sweetest lisping gay voice I look at them and say : Well actually daaaarlings I'm in a cabaret act at night and it make the pantyhose feel better. In truth is has nothing to do with aerodynamics. It has more do to when you crash. When you get road rash from a fall all the skin curls up and the hair rolls into the skin and causes infection. Also cyclist have sojorns that give the legs massages before and after a race with liniments and cooling rubs it is much easier to work a leg with no hair. Some also say it keeps the legs cool. Then there is tradition, if you are SERIOUS ROADY you shave your legs because you have these massive pythons of vascular legs that no normal person ever possesses and they look cool. As for my balls no way I got enough down there I don't need to make it LOOK larger and Besides nothing sharp like a razor is ever going close to my jewels.
GSpotter
Veteran Member

2005-02-18, 14:14

Quote:
I always love these threads with all this personal information... all this "boy talk." heh.

Don't know why it's so intriguing, but it is.
When reading this, I somehow have this mental picture of Carol peeping into the men's locker room.

Back to the topic: It seems like I'm a minority here: I use an electrical razor to cut my facial hair (my wife doesn't like beards). For the rest of my body hair, as she didn't comment, I see no reason to shave these areas. I'm no swimmer, no biker, not gay and do have (dark) blonde hair anyway. I do have Vitiligo, so the hairs do help a little bit to hide the white spots on my skin...
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2005-02-18, 14:29

Quote:

a) because YOU prefer to

c) a and b equally

If so, do you do this:

a) because YOU prefer to

c) a and b equally

1. A. For me, this is really a personal preference. It feels nicer, it's easier to deal with, it keeps things smelling more fresh and feeling more fresh (in other words, you don't sweat as much, and believe it or not, ball sweat is a constant worry for most men, haha.)

2. I started to shave it all because I wanted to, for the same reason as the ball shaving thing. But turns out that she likes it too, so I guess it started as A and turned into C. I do it for me, but she likes the look so I don't get any complaints from her. It's just more comfortable, and something about it looks better when it's not covered in a ton of hair.

3. I know a lot of competitive swimmers who shave it all for one reason or another, and a lot who don't. It's really up to the swimmer. Granted, it makes you no faster physically, it can make you feel faster, which is essentially the entire idea behind shaving your body in the first place. It's more mental than anything. I do it because it's a comfort thing, I'm more comfortable in the water that way, so that's why I do it.

Come waste your time with me
Windswept
On Pacific time

2005-02-18, 16:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSpotter
When reading this, I somehow have this mental picture of Carol peeping into the men's locker room.
No, GSpotter, I'm certainly *not* a peeper. And you deserve a few lashes for even suggesting it. Now, if I had *started* this thread, it might be a different story... but I didn't.

A huge percentage of the guys I have known in my life have been reluctant to communicate personal information, especially with regard to feelings/emotions. I've had to drag stuff out of them so that I could understand them better and help rather than hinder their dealing with various concerns.

Dragging stuff out of people gets really tiring after a while. I get sick of having to do it, so I don't do it anymore. If they can't bring themselves to communicate, then fine... they're not the guy for me. It's a shame really. Some guys have no idea how nice it can be to share their insecurities with someone who really cares about them.

Anyway, I so enjoy the boards because the guys who post here are basically communicators. I LOVE so very much reading about their thoughts and hopes and dreams...without the exhaustion of having to drag it out of them first. Does that make sense to you?

Hygiene threads like this one are simply a small, but interesting, part of the communication landscape. I've had some great conversations with my male friends (at work and otherwise) about life, love, and sex; but never really about all this grooming stuff.

I'm not embarrassed to be here, GSpotter. Not after participating in some of the appalling (and funny) bathroom threads over at AI a year ago. Hardly anything could embarrass me after that.
GSpotter
Veteran Member

2005-02-18, 17:15

Quote:
Does that make sense to you?
Absolutely. I think people (at least here ) are more open in the (more or less) anonymity of an internet forum. I think I told some things here which I told very few other people ...

Quote:
I'm not embarrassed to be here, GSpotter.
Seems like I'd chosen the wrong word (GSpotter makes mental note to check the dictionary before posting potentially ambiguous comments...). I didn't think of you as a peeper, more like someone standing in the doorframe, calling "Hey, guys".
Windswept
On Pacific time

2005-02-18, 17:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSpotter
more like someone standing in the doorframe, calling "Hey, guys".
Yep, that sounds much more like it.

heh

P.S. As ever, I'm dazzled by your command of the English language:

Quote:
before posting potentially ambiguous comments
soco

2019-04-02, 02:38

use the best blade for your shave and you must know about your pube density for the best shave at the end of the. I often shave daily, even my taint, but after some time i suggest to machine it and change the look
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2019-04-02, 08:21

Is 14 years a record?
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-04-02, 12:14

The bots don't know any better.
murbot
Hoonigan

2019-04-03, 21:01

Hey some bots are cool