User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.
Page 28 of 28 First Previous 24 25 26 27 [28]  Thread Tools
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-11-26, 00:16

Apparently I need to break away from my Palace remodel and do some exploring.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-11-26, 18:13

In case I hid any of the routes too well, don't hesitate to post here with [spoiler] tags, and I'll be happy to nudge you back in the right direction. After countless hours building down there, I have the whole layout sufficiently burned into my memory.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2019-11-27, 03:13

DAMMIT. I don't understand some of the lingo now. I can't wait to find time to log in again!

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2019-11-27, 09:49

I love how the colour wheel looks in the background! I guess I need to revise the path to the entrance....

BTW, you have my explicit permission to remove the Hyperloop Test Track as it rather infringes on the new build there. It was merely a technology demo and I can rebuild it somewhere more useful in future.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-11-27, 10:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
I love how the colour wheel looks in the background! I guess I need to revise the path to the entrance....
Yes! The wheel is still a lovely spectacle there, whether you're on foot, in boat, or rocketing around the reservoir!

Unfortunately, the old footpath from the lower street area had to go as I was reshaping and landscaping the area, but I was able to preserve the interior cave stairway entrance. I added a tiny little dock/pier thing to the exit of the cave since it now meets the flooded reservoir. It would be neat to see if you can find another route to add a new walking/climbing path into the area, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
BTW, you have my explicit permission to remove the Hyperloop Test Track as it rather infringes on the new build there. It was merely a technology demo and I can rebuild it somewhere more useful in future.
Since we migrated the track underground, I think it's actually kind of a neat nearby attraction now. If you haven't seen it lately, there are now a couple of fancy entrances at the south end by the museum and at the middle near the dam (where the original signpost/chest was), and 709 designed a clever water elevator that takes you farther north up and beyond the mountains… and then drops you off in the ocean.

That being said, any time you want a small mountain of ice blocks for building a second track somewhere, I'll be more than happy to oblige!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2019-11-27, 11:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
In case I hid any of the routes too well, don't hesitate to post here with [spoiler] tags, and I'll be happy to nudge you back in the right direction. After countless hours building down there, I have the whole layout sufficiently burned into my memory.
I did get stuck in one area (
Spoiler (click to toggle):
the bat cave
) and had to ender pearl my way out, but after that I found the way. Shoulda just snooped more. I entered through the underwater door so I may have missed some things; I'll have another round or three after the holiday.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-11-27, 13:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I did get stuck in one area (…) and had to ender pearl my way out, but after that I found the way. Shoulda just snooped more. I entered through the underwater door so I may have missed some things; I'll have another round or three after the holiday.
Once you enter the bat cave, assuming you entered by fighting against the current through the "broken water pipe" from the nearby hallway, just look up and to the right. There should be one brightly-lit alcove with a hanging lamp. There's a ladder leading straight up to it.

You were so close to the end of it!! Just a little bit further and you would have reached the legit exit. You should try again.

¡Damned!

2019-11-27, 15:33

Oh I got out the right way, I didn't see the ladder so I ender pearled up to the alcove.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-11-27, 21:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
There also is… err… was a Link patrolling inside the Temple of Time, but I'm pretty sure he's wandered outside at some point and gotten himself killed by now.
My god, after all these months, he actually still lives!

Besides the Hell residents and Link, I know there's at least one other very special NPC still wandering inside a particular building. (I just checked.) I can't remember if there are any others, though…

kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-11-28, 12:56

Jess and I took our turn at the adventure last night. What a great build. And the detail! Hard to believe you can accomplish so much with meter-sized blocks!

Very nice work and lots of good fun. That dark tunnel with the lava dripping was super creepy. And the lab with the giant zombie was awesome. Wish I could have found a way down there that didn't result in death.

Oh, and thanks for the elevator ride!

But, that's okay, I didn't need all those fancy tools and armor I was carrying, anyway.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
drewprops
Space Pirate

2019-11-29, 23:10

Tonight I actually went on and made it back to Pirate Mountain, which I believe is in the vicinity of the rainbow wheel in the sky. Next time I log in I'll try to track it down and frighten myself to death in Brad's new game

My texture pack is obviously the wrong one because everything looked like ass...

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-12-10, 14:09

I started working my way through the dam today and loved what I found so far. I died so I can't go too far into the details of what I enjoyed about it other than the great detail you put in it Brad!

I did notice what looks like a couple of iron blocks missing from doors though. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but if not you might want to go through and add them back.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-12-10, 14:39

I made it through the second time without dying. I feel accomplished.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-12-12, 23:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I made it through the second time without dying. I feel accomplished.
Awesome!

Quote:
I started working my way through the dam today and loved what I found so far. I died so I can't go too far into the details of what I enjoyed about it other than the great detail you put in it Brad!
I'm very curious: how did you die? Elevator out of order? I tried to make the whole thing pretty air-tight for safety at least when it comes to mobs. Countless cycles were spent with the debug info open and carefully looking for blocks that had lower than 8 light level. The elevator was the one trap I reluctantly left in, although you can catch a ledge or vine as you step in and there is a button you can use to open the door from the inside to escape... but I shouldn't have expected anyone to realize that without me hanging around in the server and listening for the screams in chat.

Quote:
I did notice what looks like a couple of iron blocks missing from doors though. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but if not you might want to go through and add them back.
I'll have to go back and check, but these gaps were probably intentional. I tried to make a few of the doors look "broken down" and there's only so much you can do without iron slabs or stairs.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-13, 00:55

It would take an absolute idiot to fall for the ol' "broken elevator" trap.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-12-13, 08:57

So I died by being too slow and getting stuck in iron blocks when I slowly went through a doorway. Yeah, such a rookie thing.

I didn't want to break anything so I just watched my player die.

The doors I mentioned had a sticky piston visible so I assumed there would be an iron block by design.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.