User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

This is BIG, Holy S*TH, Bigger than Apple, Bigger than Macintosh, Bigger than Jesus?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
This is BIG, Holy S*TH, Bigger than Apple, Bigger than Macintosh, Bigger than Jesus?
Page 1 of 5 [1] 2 3 4 5  Next Thread Tools
userinterface

2007-01-08, 10:28

Holy sh*t. I live in santa clara (aka montegue expressway, and right next to apple), I work for a huge company in the area who is tied into Apple and last night, I had my usual once a week drink with my favorite apple employee (no it's not steve, and NO I do NOT know him personally). Anyway, I used to work at Apple a "while back" and the person I have drinks with is somebody i've always gotten the rumors from every year without a doubt, and since we drink once a week, we usually share work stories, and stuff about mac, and junk like that.

He was practically exploding to get this info... THIS IS HUGE, I'm not going to spoil it, he wouldn't even give me enough details, but it's something like portable computers like the QQQ or OOO is what he called it, but with real mult-touch, like apple just was re-inventing everything all over again. He said that everyone thinks what's happening this year is bigger than macintosh, and bigger than anything apple's ever done. IT IS JUST the beginning.

I know my friend well, and he's never lied to me ever, and i could see in his eyes, he had the look of "you haven't a clue, if only you knew" as if steve jobs captured a freaking UFO and will be showing an alien at the keynote.

I'm going to be watching this keynote in person and have access to ev-do internet while in the keynote hall.

jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2007-01-08, 10:32

Hope this isn't like the last time someone was "having drinks with an Apple employee" and got a great tip that Apple was going to stop developing OSX and start using Windows...

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-01-08, 10:45

Hmmm...

Let the nuttiness commence! ~24 hours to go...this is when it gets funny and interesting.

Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2007-01-08, 10:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by userinterface View Post
Holy sh*t. I live in santa clara (aka montegue expressway, and right next to apple), I work for a huge company in the area who is tied into Apple and last night, I had my usual once a week drink with my favorite apple employee (no it's not steve, and NO I do NOT know him personally). Anyway, I used to work at Apple a "while back" and the person I have drinks with is somebody i've always gotten the rumors from every year without a doubt, and since we drink once a week, we usually share work stories, and stuff about mac, and junk like that.

He was practically exploding to get this info... THIS IS HUGE, I'm not going to spoil it, he wouldn't even give me enough details, but it's something like portable computers like the QQQ or OOO is what he called it, but with real mult-touch, like apple just was re-inventing everything all over again. He said that everyone thinks what's happening this year is bigger than macintosh, and bigger than anything apple's ever done. IT IS JUST the beginning.

I know my friend well, and he's never lied to me ever, and i could see in his eyes, he had the look of "you haven't a clue, if only you knew" as if steve jobs captured a freaking UFO and will be showing an alien at the keynote.

I'm going to be watching this keynote in person and have access to ev-do internet while in the keynote hall.
Lol.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2007-01-08, 10:48

I may go have drinks with an Apple employee tonight, will try to anything I get out of them.....

Banana
is the next Chiquita

2007-01-08, 10:55

Is that called attention-whoring? Or was it vaporware-ing? Can someone enlighten me, please?

drewprops
Space Pirate

2007-01-08, 10:58

It's a long tradition that someone overhears a conversation between Apple employees at a Cupertino bar, or has drinks with an Apple employee who knows the big secret and shares it with this friend. It's always mind-blowing stuff and it always turns out to be something like the Wonder Mouse or some similar crap. Whenever someone really DOES know the truth it's ignored by the "old timers" because they've seen so many fakes over the years. Still, it's fun.

It's like telling ghost stories around the campfire.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2007-01-08, 11:01

What exactly is "S*TH"? Is "Sith" a swearword? Better tell George Lucas.

Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

2007-01-08, 11:02

Ok. I call for you to put your hands down on this one userinterface.

If you are wrong - you get banned.

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2007-01-08, 11:16

His 'qqq or ooo' statement may be referring to...
http://www.oqo.com/

InactionMan
Veteran Member

2007-01-08, 11:17

For some reason I believe the poster. Obviously it's pretty easy to throw some vague shit out there just before a keynote but I really think this is Steve's last big One More Thing. He's always said he has one more big one in him before he's done.

Of course, Steve could get up there and announce and especially lame Year of.... tomorrow. Though I can't imagine it could be worse than the Year of HD.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2007-01-08, 11:19

HOLY SITH!

You know, if I was an Apple employee, I'd spend the week before each keynote feeding fake rumours to people. It'd be as funny as hell.

Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

2007-01-08, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
HOLY SITH!

You know, if I was an Apple employee, I'd spend the week before each keynote feeding fake rumours to people. It'd be as funny as hell.
I always imagine how cool it must be for steve, being able to register on Applenova, and get Brad saying like "Oh man you are like totally out of line, bitch" and hes like "fine be that way, you'll be sorry Brad!" and Brads like "STFU bitch!"

I need sleep.

AsLan^
Not a tame lion...

2007-01-08, 11:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiahtosh View Post
His 'qqq or ooo' statement may be referring to...
http://www.oqo.com/
Oh now that's cute, almost looks as good as a Zaurus

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-01-08, 11:38

The Year of Extra Sauce.

The Year of Expensive, Niche Crap Most of Us Aren't Interested In.

The Year of the iPod...oh, wait.

I've got it:

The Year of the Keyboard!

BFG

2007-01-08, 11:56

well blow me batman, im going for a kebab with Phil Shiller tonight and i'll ask him about it...

he wouldn't give you details other than its a laptop type multi touch type quooooo thingy?

This is the year of the Star wars spelling error?

Mr Chuckles the Nipple Monkey
2.66Mac Pro 1900XT and lots of goodies

userinterface

2007-01-08, 12:23

Since it's obviously impossible to "believe" everyone who's ever claimed to overheard an apple employee, I will stake my rep on it. I did have drinks with my friend, i didn't overhear something, and I used to be an Apple employee for quite a few years. My friend of 10 years wouldn't lie to me.

That said. If they keynote doesn't have something that is mindblowing, or any mod doesn't feel that I've lived up to my end of the bargin I agree to a total ban, on the condition that I get a day or so to respond and apologize for being soooo wrong.

That said I'll also donate $500 to whatever charity the admin of the forums deems worthy if my information is in anyway faulty.

Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

2007-01-08, 12:26

Quote:
Since it's obviously impossible to "believe" everyone who's ever claimed to overheard an apple employee, I will stake my rep on it. I did have drinks with my friend, i didn't overhear something, and I used to be an Apple employee for quite a few years. My friend of 10 years wouldn't lie to me.

That said. If they keynote doesn't have something that is mindblowing, or any mod doesn't feel that I've lived up to my end of the bargin I agree to a total ban, on the condition that I get a day or so to respond and apologize for being soooo wrong.

That said I'll also donate $500 to whatever charity the admin of the forums deems worthy if my information is in anyway faulty.
We'll hold you to that bud.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-01-08, 12:28

Wow, the guy's got a pair. Good show!

Now I'm all extra curious and excited about tomorrow...

Kickaha
Veteran Member

2007-01-08, 12:31

Woot! *Someone* willing to put their reputation on the line. Excellent.

Wait... has he been around long enough to *have* a reputation??? I keed! I keed!

userinterface

2007-01-08, 12:31

sounds, like a good deal. Mods, if your around, maybe comment, or directly email me so this thread is noted, and i can give you my personal info, so as not to "skip out" on the commit i just made (not that i would)

Looking forward to a great MacWorld show!

Joshua
Hey where the white women at?

Send a message via AIM to Joshua  
2007-01-08, 12:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post

Now I'm all extra curious and excited about tomorrow...
As if you weren't already?

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2007-01-08, 12:40

I was waiting so long to find a place to use this image:

jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2007-01-08, 12:49

Quote:

If the Keynote isn't mind blowing... isn't that in the eye of the viewer?

Partial
Stallion

2007-01-08, 12:54

He's trying to 419 Brad. Oh sith!!!

Suddoo

Send a message via MSN to Suddoo  
2007-01-08, 13:08

I'm still waiting for the new cube...

ahahahaaaaa, 'newinterface' that hole you're digging is going to be soooo deep by the end of the thread..

~/Suddoo

zippy
Veteran Member

2007-01-08, 13:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensdanny38 View Post
She's trying to 419 Brad. Oh sith!!!
T, ftfy

At least she's putting her money where her mouth is - figuratively and literally. That's way more than most around here. I'm thereby inclined to believe there is something behind the claims.

That being said, my 3rd child is due tomorrow, so that could blow whatever Steve says out of the water in my mind anyhow.

Do you know where children get all of their energy? - They suck it right out of their parents!

bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2007-01-08, 13:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
The Year of the Keyboard!
Well, if this is some kind of "mult-touch" [sic] thing, then maybe it's the "Year of No Keyboard!"?

Wyatt
Veteran Member

2007-01-08, 13:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy View Post
T, ftfy

At least she's putting her money where her mouth is - figuratively and literally. That's way more than most around here. I'm thereby inclined to believe there is something behind the claims.

That being said, my 3rd child is due tomorrow, so that could blow whatever Steve says out of the water in my mind anyhow.
Well, at least you have a chance at being happy tomorrow. Congrats on the third kid, zippy. That's really fantastic.

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2007-01-08, 13:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG View Post
well blow me batman, im going for a kebab with Phil Shiller tonight and i'll ask him about it...

he wouldn't give you details other than its a laptop type multi touch type quooooo thingy?

This is the year of the Star wars spelling error?
A kebab with Schiller? Now that is believable!