Steve Jobs & Bill Gates Video Highlight Reel

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Steve Jobs & Bill Gates Video Highlight Reel
Jason
Veteran Member

2007-06-01, 00:19

A selection of videos from D5.

http://d5.allthingsd.com/20070531/vi...ighlight-reel/

And if it`s a real slow day for you, check out this other guy.

http://d5.allthingsd.com/20070530/d5...llmer/#more-82

"It`s the colour that all dirt-bike riders really want." wtf!

regards

Last edited by Jason : 2007-06-01 at 00:43.
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2007-06-01, 04:15

Very entertaining..

It was funny to watch the interplay. And overall I have a lot of time for everything they both said. Bill came accross as a much nicer person than Steve overall, though Steve was certainly the more articulate of them both. Very much like the Mac and PC adverts.

Two things I brought from it were, firstly that Bill was much more able to compliment Steve than visa versa. In fact Steve actually looked to be struggling at times when it was 'his turn' to answer a question about Bill. That made Steve look bad, not the other way around, and disapointed me about him.

Secondly, in most of the fields that Bill spoke about where both companies had a similar product, Bill was never able to tout any of his as industry changing, or milestones. (WIth the obvious exception of his role in early OSs etc.). So he had to skirt some questions without using actual product examples. On the other hand Steve was able to list the early Macs, iPod, iPhone and so on, and constantly refer to them.... The focus seems to be unfairly on Apple and it's achievements, rather than both companies / individuals, and that seemed unbalanced, but I guess is the effect of having Steve in the room.

Overall I left the interview feeling like Bill is a nice geek who is misunderstood, and Steve is a very savvy shark. Not quite the result I expected, and interesting.

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt
Jason
Veteran Member

2007-06-01, 06:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratt View Post
Overall I left the interview feeling like Bill is a nice geek who is misunderstood, and Steve is a very savvy shark. Not quite the result I expected, and interesting.
I quite agree. Steve seemed to be a little more brash and upfront while Bill seemed more composed and confident (having a billion dollar fortune probably helps) . Bill came off better, I think.
spotcatbug
Veteran Member

2007-06-01, 06:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Bill came off better, I think.
Yeah, now I like Bill better than Steve.
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2007-06-01, 22:20

The only real loser I saw there was the lady who was "hosting" it. She definitely annoyed me with her questions and responses. Kind of like the kid at the grownup table.

Anyway, you can construe the interview however you want, but I think that Steve did a good job just keeping the show rolling. There would have been lots of dead air if it was Bill and Bill rather than Steve and Bill.
rasmits
rams it

2007-06-01, 22:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Leader Pretend View Post
The only real loser I saw there was the lady who was "hosting" it.
Definitely.

"I guess it was that trip to Canada, huh? haha, that trip to Canada. Canada. haha. That trip. To Canada. The visit."

Oh well.
sirnick4
I was knighted

Send a message via AIM to sirnick4  
2007-06-01, 22:54

Steve Ballmer really annoys the shit out of me. He comes off as a know-it-all asshole.

I also can't picture him without thinking of his DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS speech.

Cracks me up EVERY time.

Deal with it.
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2007-06-02, 00:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Leader Pretend View Post
...there would have been lots of dead air if it was Bill and Bill rather than Steve and Bill.
Absolutely. Steve was the entertaining one, in the traditional sense.

Bill came across awkward and geeky. To watch an entire interview with just Bill would have been quite awkward for the viewer.

However, Bill did come across as much more likeable ( in that I felt his awkwardness and realised it was genuine) than Steve, who conversely came across as quite calculating and not 100% trustworthy.

Like I said though, I would still prefer to have a cup of soya coffee with Steve, and discuss ashrams and LSD, than I would like to have to sit down and discuss tablet PeeCees with Bill.

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt
Jason
Veteran Member

2007-06-02, 00:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirnick4 View Post
Steve Ballmer really annoys the shit out of me. He comes off as a know-it-all asshole.

I also can't picture him without thinking of his DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS speech.

Cracks me up EVERY time.
have you seen the remix?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KMU0tzLwh...elated&search=

sirnick4
I was knighted

Send a message via AIM to sirnick4  
2007-06-02, 00:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Yes, of course.

Zune Balmer is pretty funny (especially the ending). Another classic.
Jason
Veteran Member

2007-06-02, 00:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirnick4 View Post
Yes, of course.

Zune Balmer is pretty funny (especially the ending). Another classic.
Yeah, the blue-screen thing gets me everytime.
joveblue
Veteran Member

2007-06-02, 07:10

I dunno where you guys are getting it from, I think they both seemed very likeable and trustworthy. Possibly with the exception of Steve stealing one of the stories from Bill.

The only people who came off looking bad were the interviewers who looked unprepared and unprofessional.