MC: the new applenova SMP 1.2 world general discussion

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: the new applenova SMP 1.2 world general discussion
Page 7 of 8 First Previous 3 4 5 6 [7] 8  Next Thread Tools
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-04-16, 22:39

That's where sachmo007 and Etnie and ggnorewhatever made their little colony, I think. That ring around the mountain wasn't there originally; I don't know how they made it.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-04-21, 13:31

So who owns this? I'm just wondering, no plans for it or anything.

ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2012-04-21, 20:05

Sorry, thats mine. Meant to get a sign up, just been busy IRL.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-04-21, 21:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPoit View Post
Sorry, thats mine. Meant to get a sign up, just been busy IRL.
No need for a sign, I was just wondering. Been seeing it on the map for a while and just trying to figure it out. Thanks for letting me know.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-04-25, 20:09

Terror Downtown at the post office! News at eleven:

I took them out and saved the world!

So anyway, I could see the light bug up there pretty bad. Once I went on the roof some light from the glowstone worked right. Once I added a torch they all looked as expected. (I did remove the torch when leaving.)

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2012-04-25, 22:16

My hero!
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-04-25, 22:27

Letting everyone know - I'll be scarce for a week or so. Heading out west to get my stuff out of storage Saturday. Will be back Friday the 4th.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-04-25, 22:34

Well have fun! See some sights while you're at it.
¡Damned!

2012-04-25, 22:42

Was picking up some food at a brewpub tonight RS, and a fucking 400lb. dude came in to pick up food next to me. Rainbow suspenders and a beard like he'd survived a decade of Michigan winters. I SO wanted to take a pic, but A) thought it was rude, and B) me going up to a random big-assed dude asking for a pic next to him to send to a friend to "prove there are bears *wink wink* in Michigan" is likely to get my ass pounded. Not in that way, either.

So it goes.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2012-04-25, 23:53

In GR? Sounds like a buddy of mine named Les, LOL. He was in GR for some Masonic event this week - I'd bet it was him.

Edit:

For the record, asking an obviously gay man who seems bearish if he is a bear will not be offensive. If he is, he'll tell you and likely be delighted that someone actually knows what a bear is.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-05-06, 19:37

So I found a natural created mushroom biome. It's got a path to it in Nether and it's WAY out there. So head on down to Nether and pass Foj's Snowy place. I'm planning to make a rail to go the distance. It's totally enclosed now though so safe for the two blaze spawners you pass and lava falls!

Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2012-05-06, 22:00

Due to the lighting bug on top of the hotel/post office and an unfortunate encounter with a creeper inside, I've decided to close off the roof entrance.

Hopefully this will no longer be an issue.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
ggnorekthx

2012-05-07, 23:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Who is it that lives way out South?

Here:

I'm interested to know: is that circular ravine around that mountain natural? Or did you TNT it? Or dig it by hand? It looks quite natural, but seems unlikely that a full circle around a mountain would form like that.

Enquiring minds would like to know.

Erm, hello. I haven't been on in quite a bit... 30+ hours at work plus university finals kind of drained my free time over the past few weeks.

I plan on being around much more often this summer. Also, that is my little plot of land. I was intending to build a sort of floating "Ganon's Castle from N64" type deal there, and that huge ravine was dug with TNT and by hand. If it is fine with everyone here I'll probably pick up that project again very soon.

~Dan~
If anyone plays Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii, or has a 3DS, feel free to PM me about swapping friend codes and such. :)
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2012-05-09, 20:40

Hey Sonic. Is there a particular purpose for the long string of torches and glowstone from the ocean to your place way up north?

As a road it's a little redundant with the train line being safer and is accessible via the station right next to your place.

I only ask because it's kind of an eyesore.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-05-11, 16:39

What is this? I've been wondering for a long time so I figured I'd ask.
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2012-05-11, 19:27

I assumed it was a randomized button that utilized a villager to control the doors in the clothing store.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-05-11, 19:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artap99 View Post
I assumed it was a randomized button that utilized a villager to control the doors in the clothing store.
I think that's the case, but why the beds?
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-05-11, 20:56

Yep that's exactly what it is. There's one bed in the hole because the Tutorial suggested that a bed would make the villager spend more time outside during the day (allegedly because the way finding couldn't cope with half-blocks very well) although in practice it doesnt seem to work.

The other two beds at the surface were not added by me. I'm not sure what they achieve but they're not part of the "daytime sensor".

To be honest, the whole thing basically doesn't work. I think its an SMP vs SSP thing. Sad really. I also tried a grass-regrowth triggered daytime sensor, but that didn't work either, I might just take the whole thing out. I just liked the idea of a store that closes automatically at night,
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-05-11, 22:34

The two beds are one people have slept in. They aren't visible in the game just when you look at the map with beds displayed.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-05-11, 22:53

Oh. Well that's odd. I haven't slept in any beds down there. Maybe they're deep underground in someone's mine.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-05-11, 23:04

SpecMode and werejack? Wonder if that's a bug for really where their beds are. Top down view puts it where your thing is along with the other angles.
SpecMode
Wait what

2012-05-11, 23:32

Huh. I had climbed down there once and I guess it's possible that I accidentally right-clicked on the bed while trying to get back out (I can't remember). Guess I'll have to fix that next time I'm on.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-05-11, 23:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post
Huh. I had climbed down there once and I guess it's possible that I accidentally right-clicked on the bed while trying to get back out (I can't remember). Guess I'll have to fix that next time I'm on.
Haha, same

I will be on this weekend if I can get my Mac mini set up. I need to find an extension cord...
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-05-12, 11:53

Can two people share the bed? I didn't know that was possible. I figured if someone new slept in it that it would break who was there before.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-05-12, 17:29

Dellphi told me that you could sleep in another's bed without breaking the setting, but I haven't experimented with it.
¡Damned!

2012-07-03, 19:46

I stumbled (literally) onto something new today. Pressure plates no longer work. Tried a test with both stone and wood types with some redstone and they're both a no-go.

So, I hope nobody needs to get into (or out of ) buildings, because all the doors are locked shut. My tunnel between the museum and the planetarium couldn't have been dug out at a better time.

So it goes.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2012-07-03, 19:58

im a little confused, pressure plates seem to be opening doors at the museum just fine.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-07-03, 20:09

Pressure plates can appear to be broken if the server has seized up or your client has lost connection to the server. If you see that happen, you should try reconnecting to the server.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2012-07-03, 20:14

Huh. Everything seemed fine; I mean nothing was going boink or anything like when I know a server crash is about to happen. Interesting.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2012-07-14, 19:45

I will be on later this evening! I think Sonic is planning to be, too.