AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Cactuar Rail System

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Cactuar Rail System
Page 3 of 3 Previous 1 2 [3]  Thread Tools
Foj
Veteran Member

2012-04-16, 16:34

Just wanted to let you know that on the Adventureland express line I noticed that some of the red rails were inactive. Also, some of the track on the Adventureland side was missing.

Looked like some digging took place and there was some nearby lava that burned a little of the green wool.

A knife and a fork, a bottle and a cork, that's the way to spell New York.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-04-16, 16:41

I hate getting off and walking round, so there we go... Express is good and all, but what if you want the stop that's most of the way to the end? Get off and walk round three times?

What don't you like about the V-stops?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-04-16, 16:53

They don't always stop you. I've picked the track up or block under it more times than I care to count. I don't mind walking.

Fire on the Green line! Oh no! I'm gonna go check it out. Thanks for letting me know. X-ray glasses here I come.

Edit: Track fixed and lava filled in.

Also, if you you guys want to modify the track to use the V then go for it. I won't be bothered in the least, I just hate them so I won't be doing the. The train system is now for me personally, so it's up to you guys.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2012-04-16 at 17:51.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-04-17, 13:46

Didn't realize there would be a subway station put above ground when we already had the train station. I'd planned to remake Pride Park from BP behind the gay bar, and one of the subway stations is in that spot. If there's anywhere it could be moved, it would be appreciated, but if not, I can deal with it - the stone bricks may be replaced with something a bit more festive to complement the surroundings, in that case.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-04-17, 14:22

It could move or go if it has to. It's just a fair walk from the Exchange to the station, so I thought I'd stick in a stop there. There isn't really anywhere else in that area to build one, so I guess a long walk it'll be.

It's been said before, but if you have plans for land, you need to stick a sign up. These new "permission-free" building codes only work if people telegraph their intentions clearly.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2012-04-17, 14:28

It'd been discussed multiple times in game, but I don't know who was on and when. I can redecorate it, if that would be easier overall. It may just get rainbowed the fuck up.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-04-17, 14:30

I'm happy with modifications.

In-game discussion is all very well, but a sign is a must if you hope to reserve land. You really can't rely on discussion on chat.

If it weren't for impending mobtrapitude, we could put an entrance under the stairs in the exchange. Does the mob trap require absolutely all the height? Or could it start just below subway level? That would be easier....
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2012-04-17, 14:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
I'm not sure exactly how far it will spread (likely just under the bar's footprint, maybe a bit out behind the bar in the small grassy area), but I *will* be building underneath the bar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
It's been said before, but if you have plans for land, you need to stick a sign up. These new "permission-free" building codes only work if people telegraph their intentions clearly.
I think the bolded section may be the bigger concern. I don't know if my plans would be running into the tunnels, but just noticing where the actual tunnel is now and wondering if I can constrain my plans to within that part. May have to reconfigure the Angry Hole. EDIT: I guess the subway station is a worry, too. I can always leave a giant section in the middle blocked out if needed. I'm going to have to think about this one. >_< Don't take it down. I'll work around it. Just have to figure out how I'm going to change things.

Stevuh

Send a message via AIM to Stevuh  
2012-04-17, 18:55

what if the entrance to the subway is under the bar's kitchen? with an exterior entrance that could work...
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-04-17, 19:13

Nice idea - wrong side of the proposed mobtrap, though.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-04-17, 19:29

It could be a long corridor, but that's not normal for a subway.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-04-17, 20:05

I think that's a good spot for the station, though, if it works with Rowdy's bar. To me it makes more sense to plan a park around a building than plan a building around a park, especially when long underground tunnels are involved. Or else we could move the park to the other side of the bar, closer to the boathouse, maybe.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2012-04-17, 22:42

It will work where it is. I've got the plans changed to accommodate it.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-04-18, 04:08

That line is going to be moved anyway.

So no biggie...
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-04-18, 09:11

Why? I thought we established that the mob trap didn't go that far.
billybobsky
BANNED

2012-04-18, 10:05

Who established that?

It was an assumption based upon the fact that the line had already been built, which isn't at all relevant.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-04-18, 10:21

This is where we established it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
The short side of the trap will stretch between the back of the floating mob head to under the exchange (maybe underneath the sidewalk as well), and the long side will stretch from the far side of central park to under the river.
So, are you now saying that 709 was incorrect? No assumption on my part - my understanding was that these were the dimensions.

Last edited by Bryson : 2012-04-18 at 10:31.
billybobsky
BANNED

2012-04-18, 11:32

Ok. I didn't see that...

So plan ahead.
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2012-04-19, 13:11

I had an idea for a rail switcher that could lead away from the main lines without the need to stop or build a mini station. It needs a bit of cleaning up, but here is the basic idea. It is set up on an XOR switch to allow for both sides to be used for travel:

Riding one way, the block furthest away is lit to show where you will be going.

Hit the switch near you and the block closest to you lights up to let you know you will be turning.

And a here is an example implementation. The switches would need to be a bit further out and there would be some sort of signage to say where you are going, but this was more for illustration purposes.

I have cleaned out the one I implemented, but the working blueprints are still available for view in the museum district. Any yays, nays, or ideas for improvement would be thoughtfully considered before being thrown out.
¡Damned!

2012-04-19, 15:38

I am redstone-retard, so while it looks all good and sexy, I can't give an honest opinion either way. :/
billybobsky
BANNED

2012-04-19, 16:36

Why not a chevron of redstone lanterns? (yay chevron!)... It might be nicer to be able to switch that at a point of origin especially as minecart usage is finicky.
Artap99
Totally awesome.

2012-04-20, 08:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
Why not a chevron of redstone lanterns? (yay chevron!)... It might be nicer to be able to switch that at a point of origin especially as minecart usage is finicky.
Well...if you can figure out a way to do it, then I am all for it.
Artap99
Totally awesome.

2012-04-21, 03:37

I have worked out a system for the switches for the subway, but managed to run into a problem.

Does anyone know how to use a button to turn off a redstone wire that is being powered by a lever? Is it possible?

Example: Riding a cart back to the left you ride over a pressure plate that activates a torch, switching the rails ahead of you when they are not properly aligned. When they are, it still activates the torch but the rails are already where they need to be.
Riding back to the right, I am looking to deactivate the torch in a way that will not activate it when the rails are already leading to the right.

Right now I have a piston set up to cut off the power, but it brings in too many variables.
billybobsky
BANNED

2012-04-21, 04:59

you need a memory circuit (like t-flip flop) to use the state of the track in conjunction with a changing state of the buttons etc...
Artap99
Totally awesome.

2012-04-21, 13:47

I am not sure how that would work. Would you be able to show me an example that I can built on my above-ground blueprints near the museum?
Artap99
Totally awesome.

2012-04-21, 18:59

Aaaand I figured it out. Feel free to come by and visit. The transit switch to the museum line only costs two slimeballs this opening weekend.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2012-04-22, 14:00

Substation of the north line needs to be moved. It is directly in the way of the recreation of SodHaus.

Moving it now.

Last edited by Elysium : 2012-04-22 at 14:23.