User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

apple software = ipod headphones + christmas present

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
apple software = ipod headphones + christmas present
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2005-12-03, 14:04

My apple ipod headphones craped out on me. So I need to buy some new ones. and my moms christmas present is a beige powermac (I just upgraded the processor to 350mhz) and I need to buy a VGA graphics card for it. But I need to sell some things to get the money for them.

so, for sale is....

imac G3 software restore CD (os 8.6)

mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar CD's used in original box + manuals

mac os X 10.1 upgrade CD + 10.0.3 upgrade CD

mac os 9.2.1 upgrade cd

mac os x 10.0 Public Beta CD used in original Folder/box thingy + manuals

Power PC G3 266mhz ZIF proccessor

Apple Newton Emate 300 + ADB cable and charger (comes loaded with software too) in like new condition with a brand new rechargable battery in it.

I have an ebay account by the name of tungstent5 and have 100% positive feedback. so if no one is interested I will go to ebay.

Shipping is $5.00 for each item, if you buy more than one it is $2.00 more per item.

Paypal only and only in the 48 states.

johnny5w

2005-12-03, 14:10

That's some funny math you've got going on there.

Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2005-12-03, 14:16

lol I thought it would get your attention

sunrain
Veteran Member

2005-12-03, 14:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowsrookie
lol I thought it would get your attention
Yes, really clever.

You'll notice that there is no forum for selling/buying. That's for a reason. It's not really tolerated much. Allow me to direct you to part 8 of our Posting Guidelines.

Have a nice day!

"What a computer is to me is it's the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with, and it's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."
- Steve Jobs

Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

2005-12-03, 16:53

thanks, emate and proccessor are sold.

Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

2005-12-03, 16:58

# 8 is about spamming. like posting about free ipods and psp's. I do not believe I am spamming. I have already gotten private messages from people who are interested.

I'm sorry if you feel like it is spam, but most forums have a classifieds section, maybe they should have one here.

Wyatt
Veteran Member

2005-12-03, 22:24

Quote:
# 8 is about spamming. like posting about free ipods and psp's. I do not believe I am spamming. I have already gotten private messages from people who are interested.

I'm sorry if you feel like it is spam, but most forums have a classifieds section, maybe they should have one here.
Or maybe you should post at a forum that does have a classified section. The rules explicitly state that you are not to post threads about selling your stuff unless you are given permission from the administrators. Rather than making a thread and arguing that it *should* be okay, how about posting in the Site Feedback forum and asking that it be made okay? If we wanted a classifieds section, I'm sure we'd have one. If you can come up with a good reason to have one, maybe they'd add one.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317

Last edited by Wyatt : 2005-12-03 at 22:24. Reason: Edited for clarity

Jerman

2005-12-03, 22:38

I certainly cannot speak for those who operate this forum, however I know it is a lot of work to run a classifieds forum, as users expect the moderators to help catch scammers and to step in to help moderate disputes. It takes a lot of work, just look at http://forums.anandtech.com. I have seen quite a few "bad trader" lists, and it seems like there is a new one daily. And that is just what can be seen publicly...

Macnn.com would maybe a good place to list this stuff as well as ArsTechnica (http://www.arstechnica.com). So, my vote would be to NOT have a classifieds section, as it would be so much work and would keep the operators from attending to *important* things. So maybe there *IS* some good reasoning behind this.

sunrain
Veteran Member

2005-12-04, 00:54

Quote:

Spam comes in all forms, my friend.
Quote:
Spamming will not be tolerated. Spamming can be defined as posting excessively with no content, posting with commercial intent, or posting solely to redirect traffic to another site. This also includes pyramid schemes or other opt-in advertising services. Do not use the forums for personal gain or to boost your post count. Spamming will result in an immediate ban from AppleNova without warning.
Emphasis mine.

torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-12-04, 01:05

Quote:
windowsrookie: if you haven't gotten the picture yet, we don't appreciate your using this board to pawn your stuff. It is spam. There's no classifieds board for a reason and just because there isn't one, doesn't mean that you can put your crap whereever you feel like it.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.

Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

2005-12-04, 11:48

look, I was just trying to be nice, this is the only apple forum that I am registered on. I thought that I would offer this to people who like appple stuff, instead of putting it on ebay and getting charged $20 to list it. I am not trying to spam, and I do not think of this as spam, but maybe you do.

If your not interested just don't post in this thread, you don't have to spam this thread with how you don't like it.

torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-12-04, 11:55

Quote:
look, I was just trying to be nice, this is the only apple forum that I am registered on. I thought that I would offer this to people who like appple stuff, instead of putting it on ebay and getting charged $20 to list it. I am not trying to spam, and I do not think of this as spam, but maybe you do.

If your not interested just don't post in this thread, you don't have to spam this thread with how you don't like it.
I think I've been around long enough to know what I can and can't do. This thread is spam pure and simple and I'm surprised the mods have let is stay open as long as they have. Let's just say you're not winning any friends here by doing this...

And that you've decided to go this route than "spend $20 to list it" on eBay just underscores that it's not a way to offer this stuff to people who like "appple stuff".

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.

Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

2005-12-04, 12:11

people have already purchased from me (I won't list his/her name as you may start to flame him) but obviously he was ok with it. if you don't like it either don't post or have the mods lock this thread.

-mitch

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-12-04, 14:54

I'm sorry this has gone on for so long without anyone taking action. It was reported twice and I just noticed it now after checking my email.

Sorry, windowsrookie, but this isn't a marketplace where you can just sell stuff. I'd suggest going to one of the other forums people have suggested (AnandTech is a great one, and MacNN has a marketplace and is composed almost entirely of Mac users).