User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: AppleNova is now running Feed the Beast's Direwolf20 Modpack!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: AppleNova is now running Feed the Beast's Direwolf20 Modpack!
Page 3 of 14 Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  Next Last Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-02-22, 20:53

Brad, can we get the AFK mod on this? I don't mind logging out and back in so others can hop in bed but it sure would be nice if that worked without us having to do so again. I don't know what I'm asking you to do but I do know what I want.

I hope it's easy to do.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-02-22, 21:15

AFK wasn't a mod. It was a part of a server plugin (AdminCmd) built specifically for Bukkit using Bukkit's API.

There is a Forge mod (ForgeEssentials) that sort of replicates that functionality, but when I tried it locally before launching the current server, it was a big mess with other crap glommed in and would take a fair bit of tweaking to make not suck. There's also a Forge mod (BukkitForge) that purports to reimplement the Bukkit API, and in theory Bukkit plugins like the one we had would "just work", but I haven't even given it a try.

I'll add this to my list of things to try this weekend!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-02-22, 21:19

Also!

Tonight I'm going to test updating to the latest Direwolf20 on my local system before deploying to the server. When it's updated on the server, you'll all have to restart the app and let the launcher apply updates when it asks.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2013-02-22, 22:09

Have they cleared the update for Mac users? Last I saw, there were still issues causing the game to crash on OS X in that update.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-02-22, 22:25

Specmode found a very cool dungeon. It was great fun getting zapped by two wisps or wherever they are called.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-02-22, 22:47

That's one of the random dungeons Thaumcraft adds. There are a few different types.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-02-22, 23:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
Have they cleared the update for Mac users? Last I saw, there were still issues causing the game to crash on OS X in that update.
Please post details! What's crashing for whom? I asked for a link earlier and nobody posted any.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-02-23, 00:23

Surprise! We're now running the latest Direwolf20 build 5.1.1. Now is the time to allow the FTB launcher to allow the update to install.

A bunch of us are online now, and the latest version doesn't seem to be giving us any stability problems.

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2013-02-23, 01:20

Also, I don't know what everybody else was gaming on, but I was playing the updated modpack on OS X (v. 10.8.2) with no problems. So hopefully Rowdy's information was just out of date. *crosses fingers*
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-02-23, 03:09

It was something that came up right on the launcher for me as a warning for Mac users on the right side, but it seems to no longer be there, so I'm guessing it was patched okay.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
¡Damned!

2013-02-24, 18:46

A CALL FOR SEEDS!

The first level of the community veggie farm is up and running. Carrots, potatoes, melon and pumpkin for everyone:

For the second level I need a bunch of seeds. Corn, Flax and seed seeds (Wheat). If you have any extra please drop them off. Corn kernals seem to be the most elusive, but for all you grass-punchers out there, if you have any extra I'd love them. There's a chest* at Robo's sheep farm that's easy to find, so anyone that has extras please put them in there. Much, much appreciated.

The basement will have reeds, cocoa and cacti, but that's a short while off. ish.

*Is that cool Robo? I should have a better setup inside the treefarm shortly, but I figured a chest at your place would be easier to find.

So it goes.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2013-02-24, 18:49

I'll drop some seeds off tonight 709! And yeah that is cool
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-02-24, 20:53

Dude. The small farm I started at spawn. It has a fuckton of those in the chest.
¡Damned!

2013-02-24, 21:04

I checked there earlier and it had only a handful of corn kernals. It was mostly flax. Is there a fuckton chest I'm not seeing?

I'm not planting any of that bullshit leaf that has no use.

So it goes.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-02-25, 00:27

Did someone take the rest of what was there? I'd left a lot of corn and wheat seeds, too... Maybe it got raided since I'd last seen the contents.

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2013-02-25, 00:35

I put some wheat and flax seeds in the chest by the sheep farm, grey. I think I only had one corn, but I put that there too

I like the entrance you built to your tree farm a lot, grey, but Brad and I looked at the way it connected with the road and thought it looked a bit weird. The road from the sheep farm goes down three squares and then right back up again, and as it is there doesn't even seem to be room for a connecting north/south road at the lower elevation (which would help the elevation dip make sense). Brad and I were mocking stuff up over there (so don't be alarmed if there's some stray cobble), and I think Brad left a sign too. Maybe a bridge would make more sense? Or maybe steeper stairs leading up to the sheep farm, so that there's room for a connecting north/south road?

I'll hold off on building stairs on the other side of the sheep farm until we figure out what we're going with for sure, so that they can match on each side.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-02-25, 00:46

Sorry for bailing early and not returning again, guys. This infection is kicking my ass pretty hard.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2013-02-25, 00:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
Sorry for bailing early and not returning again, guys. This infection is kicking my ass pretty hard.
No apologies needed! The most important thing is that you get better.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-02-25, 17:01

So I'm looking at starting the sky walk from my place to spawn. I need to be over 85 blocks up due to hills in between. I'm pretty much due west from town IIRC. Was there a plan for materials or anything? I totally forgot and don't want to reread the thread.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-02-25, 17:05

90 is the height of the current stretches -- 3 oak wood planks wide and side walls on my section made of alternating lengths of 5 glass and 1 wood -- not sure why i didn't do complete glass but i have forgotten that we can attach torches to glass now...
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2013-02-25, 19:21

I'm doing a 2 wide path with glass walls, rails will go outside of walls. Will be similar to the one I built in BP. Will start at 100 near my base and will drop to 90 once the pine forest is reached.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
¡Damned!

2013-02-28, 12:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
A CALL FOR SEEDS!
The call has been answered.

Flax, corn and wheat are now growing on the upper level of the farm. Thanks again to everyone for giving up their loot for the cause!

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2013-02-28 at 13:34. Reason: obligatory screenshot
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2013-02-28, 13:14

No problem! Thanks for building a giant community farm
¡Damned!

2013-03-01, 00:41

A note for everyone about the veggie farms: there is a chest in the middle of each level with food & loot. Grab how ever much you want! No need to harvest a few things here and there.

Since I've been below working on the treefarm I'll occasionally pop up, and if a plantation is fully grown I'll harvest it, replant, then put the loot in the chest. After the treefarm is finished I'll be back and forth checking in from time to time, but I encourage anyone to do the same. If a plantation looks fully ripe, harvest and replant. There's a ton in each chest right now, so just dig in!

Protip: The corn needs to be harvested from the base. If you just harvest the tops you may not get enough seeds to replant - even though the entire plant goes away when you top it off (unlike reeds and flax). There's a hoe in each chest in case the soil goes bad. Also, corn needs fully saturated soil to plant. Goddamn corn.

So it goes.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-03-01, 02:51

Hey Grey, something about the tree farm occurred to me. Don't know if you've tried anything with Silverwood trees yet, but you may want to hold off on those. There are some *really* specific mechanics on getting those to grow, and furthermore, there may be an incredible benefit to growing them in a farm the right way - we may be able to make a Pure Aura node large enough to not have to worry about Flux being generated from magic in Thaumcraft, at least in that general area.

¡Damned!

2013-03-01, 09:12

I have a few of those saplings, but no plans to grow any. I skimmed the wiki last week and it was all about needing special this and magiks that. So no. Aura, Flux, Thaum etc. are all mumbo-jumbo to me at this point, and not something I'm actively looking in to.

So it goes.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-03-01, 11:19

When you're ready to venture into that, let me know. I'll help you with the mechanics on that part. Doing it the right way would create a large safe area for a magic lab. Nothing shooting lightning or spawning giant angry zombies.

¡Damned!

2013-03-06, 19:35

Treefarm 3.0 complete and fully operational! Finally!

There's a chest in the basement with all the extra saplings, plus I've planted 2 fir and 2 redwood for your eventual removal. One of the redwoods *just* cleared the bottom of the glass in the lower veggie farm. 58 blocks tall!

Have at it. I'm starting my move to the autumn biome.

*note: you can put any extra reeds, cacti and cocoa in the same chest. That's where I'm putting the harvest from those if you want to grab some.
*note2: turn your "fog" setting off or you'll never find shit down there.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2013-03-08, 11:59

New Sawmill (and Tea House (?)) next to the Treefarm!

Solar powered and filled with black-magick machineries ala bobsky (have a look upstairs ):

So cool!

So it goes.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2013-03-08, 22:17

I heart it!