AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: CC 1.8 Community Resources

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: CC 1.8 Community Resources
¡Damned!

2015-05-26, 21:37

Downtown:

Trader Steve's:

^ Let's get this one out of the way first. Back in the CraftBukkit days (1.7) we had a buy & sell area. It was gloriously Roman in its efficiency and costs. Unfortunately the 'mod' that was CB went boink. Now we are all vanilla all the time. Which is nice, really, but I still hope it opens back up somehow.

Mega Manic Meat Mart (!):

^ Breed. Kill. Shear the sheep. Don't mess with Sharon. Her svelte figure belies her incredible strength.

Mooshroom Farm:

^ Bring a bowl and get soup. Breed and take away a pet. I love them.

Snow Farm:

^ Bring a shovel. Below is an auto-farm and a simple 'scrape the floor' section. Either way works.

Elysium's Etherworldy Emporium :

That's not really the name. E has done a great service for all of us though – he slink-battled creepers in order to get them shot at by skellies so they would die and produce a record… yeah, it's even much harder to do than it sounds. And he has all of them. The whole playlist. Go to his shop, put in a record, listen to the music. It's great fun.

Testificate's Trading Post:

^ You can trade stuff with them. If all their value gets used up, feel free to slay them (out of sight from the robots). Such is the way of the world.

Chicken Chicken Chicken:

^ Perpetual fried legs. So tasty.

Chips & Fish:

^ Take what you want. No bones. Still so tasty.

Technically these aren't that far out of town, but I needed to set a limit, so here we go:

Outskirts:

Guest Lodging: 253/65/272

^ What is says on the tin. Fancy enough where you might stay forever.

Treefarm: 281/64/272

^ Jump below, swim, and farm trees… delightful.

Charcoal Generator: 300/33/272

^ This is one of the greatest things ever. Plop in some raw wood, get charcoal. I don't know how it works. Nobody knows how it works. It was built by one of the old gods, so don't with mess it.

Post Office: 278/66/178

^ Click 'on' when you leave something for someone, click 'off' when you grab the message. You have mail! *chime*

End Portal: 277/63/220

^ End Portal! XP galore awaits.

^BYOLapis. Books and anvils are provided.

Some of these are within walking distance of town, others a MC day or two walking on foot. So I'm including Nether portal coords as well.

Outer World:

Skellie/Spider Grinder: 17/11/136 2/74/17

^ This was the first legit XP grinder in CC, as barbarian as it seems now. Regardless, it still works.

Skellie Pasta Maker: 241/19/-84 29/74/-9

^ A machine that turns bones into tasty noodles.

Spiders Spiders Everywhere 791/12/-361 99/74/-45

^ A fortuitous conflux of both dungeon spiders and cave spiders. If you need string, this is the place to go. Also, making dispensers is tedious and a bitch. And spiders are scary.

Community Exchange 715/65/75 89/74/9

^ Grab some, leave some. Everything for everyone. It's not updated with the 1.8 kit yet, but soon.

Treefarm 675/69/66 89/74/9

^ It's a treefarm. With cocoa nuggets at the base. It is awesome and majestic and yes, it does kind've look like a trashcan.

Mob Trap 513/119/-395 64/74/-50

^ I don't even know what to say about this. Go there. It speaks for itself.

Flowerland 221/63/-1341 31/74/-172

^ Automatic flower farming for decoration or dyes. Different huts grow specific flowers. Neat.

Also, blue orchids only grow in swamp areas, so there is an additional hut here just for them: 1850/69/-1385 231/74/-172

Guardian Dropper 2121/57/-1383 (NE PORTAL)

^ I really like this thing. Simply, it spawns Guardians and then they swim out of the water and fall to their death, dropping various loot. Turn it on, camp for a bit, grab bounty from the chests below.

Squid Dropper 2372/69/-1069 (NE PORTAL)

^ Carry on through the Guardian Dropper and take a right at the Temple of Pisces. The ink-stained rails will guide you. If you want Dark Prismarine blocks, well, you'll need plenty of ink sacs.

Sand Mine 3477/63/-973 435/120/-121 - ladder at 206/74/-72

^ This is way way out there because I fully expect it to get lopped of in the next update. Mine sand and sandstone. Take a walk. It's a nice place. Note the coords above.

Mesa Mine -1340/72/215 -168/74/27

^ Mine hardened clay and red sand. Outside it's unlit, like the above sand mine, so scary at night. Follow the light to a safe mining area.

Wart Farm

^ Double double toil and trouble; Fire burn and caldron bubble. You need this for potions.

Phew!

Additionally, we all have our own small plots of various things, so if you need anything just ask!

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2015-05-27 at 11:54.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-05-27, 00:43

Amazing photo essay of our world!

Wyatt
Veteran Member

2015-05-27, 05:50

Okay, this is just amazing. Thanks for putting it together! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-05-27, 09:43

Nice work, Grey. Lots and lots o' goodies.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-05-27, 13:32

In town at my beach house there are two chests near the beach at the bottom of the hill. Those chests auto-fill with eggs and farming goods. Feel free to take as you want from there too. I'll try to edit later tonight adding a picture of them.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2015-06-17, 08:17

Community Cactuses 669/53/66 89/74/9

^ Underneath the treefarm near the Exchange. Auto green dye in the middle chest, cacti in the sides.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-06-18, 19:32

Just wondering, why didn't you set up sorters at the guardian trap? I'm guessing the look of the redstone stuff but figured I'd ask while I was thinking about it.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-06-19, 11:03

Grey's just lazy. That's the problem.

Lazy
Lazy
Lazy

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-06-19, 12:03

¡Damned!

2015-06-19, 19:27

I did think about it, really, but figured there's only 3 possible drops so why really sort them? It's not like the mob trap with oodles of different goodies. The thing I didn't expect was the sheer amount of fish produced. (though the idea of you guys digging through piles of fish to get at the good loot delights me somewhat ).

I like the symmetry of it all right now, but if we ever get automatic crafting tables you know I'll reconfigure the entire thing.

Note: Just for kicks I ran the Dropper late at night for an hour just to see what the ratio of loot was. 64.46% Shards, 21.48% Fish and 14.05% Crystals. 35097 drops total. DOES THAT SOUND LAZY, KEN?

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-06-19, 23:24

A hard worker would have narrowed the ratios down to individual chests so looters could focus on higher productivity zones.

You lazy bastard!

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-06-20, 00:20

I think I'll let my guy camp out there over night with the trap running. No one else will likely be on anyway. Also, just wondering what is the .01% that you didn't mention?

¡Damned!

2015-06-20, 08:33

Ink sacs. Very rarely a Guardian gets lucky and zaps a squid on the way down. There were only 4 in the ~35K drops.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-06-20, 12:55

Yeah, that's the trap's only weakness, and why I built the squid trap waaaaaaaaay over in the boonies. Squid will spawn anywhere from sea-level down to around 40, I think, in any standing water out to 128 from the player. Because the trap is less than 256 square, there are a bazillion squid spawning in the waters immediately around it, but very few within the trap's water-spawner. Thus, the low ink numbers.

Only way to fix that problem would be to empty out the ocean around the trap. Grey doesn't want to do that, and he sure as hell won't let me do it!

So, SQUID FARM!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-07-14, 15:45

Who is currently using the Guardian/Squid traps? I want to make some stuff and both appear to have been running for someone's pleasure. I don't want to use someone else's resources.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-07-14, 19:35

I played at them a little bit ago but I'm pretty sure I turned them off when I left the areas. I know it's not me now. Given the maps don't have anyone near them I'm gonna say it's safe to think they just got left on by mistake.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-07-15, 09:43

Well, the squid trap doesn't have an "on/off". It's just always on.

The guardian trap was off, but the mess of goodies were partly organized. Clearly, someone was "playing" with it. It had the look and feel of Grey, but who knows with that guy. I mean, he never plays anymore and everything he's touched is just a mess.

If it isn't Grey's, and you don't care, I'm gonna start swiping things.

¡Damned!

2015-07-15, 12:51

I left it on for a bit a week or so ago when I was over that way just to fill up some chests for whoever wanted it. Also I cleaned out most of the fish since you people are too hoity-toity to get your hands dirty.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-07-15, 14:29

Hey, I cleaned up my fish-bits. But now I'm gonna leave a pile of 'em on your front door!

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-07-15, 14:47

I did some organizing in there too. That was back when I asked 709 why he didn't build sorters into that place.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-07-15, 18:26

Well, it's all been converted, now. Dark Prismarine, Ink and Lanterns have been added to the exchange.
¡Damned!

2015-07-17, 09:04

I added some more of the 1.5-1.8 loot to the Exchange as well, and organized the sections a bit. Now there's a Guardian/Monument Stuff section (Prismarine, Pris Brick, Dark Pris, Sea Lanterns, Sponges) and a Mesa Stuff section (Hardened & Stained Clay, Red Sand & Sandstones). Quartz is in the Nether Stuff section.

There's a few things still missing like Ice/Packed Ice and the 'Ites', but I'll add those sometime this weekend.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2015-10-03, 14:17

I'm just going to leave the Guardian Dropper on, if that's OK by everyone. I pass through there once in a while, so why not have it producing when a player is around? No claims, free to whomever.

*I resisted at first, but I may add some filters to the machine even if it screws up my symmetry. Too many fish. *not a dating site

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-10-04, 17:57

I think leaving it on will be just fine. I've never noticed any issues with performance when it's on personally.

Last edited by turtle : 2015-10-04 at 20:27. Reason: ...because I actually read what I typed and thought it look horribly retarded. I had to edit it finally.
¡Damned!

2016-01-27, 20:24

Enchanting/Brewing Room 716/63/69 89/74/9

^ Underneath the Community Exchange. Books and Lapis for enchanting, Wart and other Voodoo pieces for brewing. It's all there. Chests with Potions and Enchantments surround. It's part of the Exchange. Use some, take some, drop off your disappointing enchants into the chests. We will rebuild them. We will make them stronger.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-01-28, 13:47

I'll head right over there. I have a plan to bring all my worst junk and exchange it for the good stuff.

¡Damned!

2016-01-28, 14:15

lol

I've become somewhat addicted to Villager trading... a highly underutilized resource IMO. Mostly just the Clerics and Librarians, though. I can get a couple stacks of glowstone just by bartering a big chest of zombie drops with one Cleric, and with Bobsky's mob trap constantly churning, the glowstone is basically free. And I don't even have to go to the Nether.

If I find a Librarian with a good deal I'll pretty much buy out the store, because I cannot humanly resist what I think is a good deal. It's why Anna doesn't allow me to go with her to Costco and the like. I will buy everything. Everything.

So when buying the booksellers out I sometimes run out of space for the goodies. It made sense to put the extras at the Exchange, and the idea kind've snowballed from there.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-04-12, 11:20

Now that Grey (with my incredible OSHA supervisory skills ) has put so much time and work into a couple projects, I would like to be the first to declare two areas off limits to surface mining:

1) The End Spawn island. Grey made a super-awesome Portal Ring down there, so mining on the main island should be off limits. Each of those 20 portals leads to an infinite number of islands ripe for mining and logging. Go there, or be square! In fact, the main island should be off limits to mining, period! (Although I understand obsidian is basically infinite by chopping it all down and re-spawning dragons, doing so would likely result in the destruction of the ring. This is Grey's call).

2) Anything within X distance of Southlantic Railways line to Southlantis. Plenty of other areas to mine, log, chop ice, etc. Personally, I have no problem with the occasional construction popping up along the line, but please get your resources elsewhere or below the surface.

Thoughts?

¡Damned!

2016-04-12, 11:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Although I understand obsidian is basically infinite by chopping it all down and re-spawning dragons, doing so would likely result in the destruction of the ring.
Aside from the stairs, the ring is made from all dragon-proof material, so it'll be fine. I've brought the pillars down to ground level and tested the dragon respawn, and it works great. Infinite obsidian!

So it goes.