User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

What video games are you playing right now?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
What video games are you playing right now?
Page 73 of 77 First Previous 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77  Next Thread Tools
tomoe
Veteran Member

2011-12-22, 10:39

Have you cranked up the difficulty level?
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-12-22, 15:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
Have you cranked up the difficulty level?
Good call, I don't really remember what I'm at.
Natalied

2011-12-27, 00:48

So, I started playing Starcraft 2 around three months ago. Played about 30 games, lost most of them. Then I stopped playing for two months.

Just tonight I returned to actually playing the game after having watched plenty of streams and such of the game, as I noticed a new season had started. Ten games played so far, won nine of them. I guess knowing what you at least should be doing is great, even if you don't manage to do what you try to, most of the time.

So yeah, I guess that's what I'll play for my Christmas holiday.

Last edited by FFL : 2011-12-28 at 22:31. Reason: removed spam link from sig
Eugene
careful with axes

2011-12-27, 03:59

Guess I'll put this here...

http://penny-arcade.com/2011/12/26/just-wow1

Um yeah, I hope nobody in here bought an Avenger console controller accessory.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2011-12-27, 05:26

Wow. That is just... wow.

Also, there has to be some correlation between arrogance, lack of social graces and poor grammar. It's quite sad really.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-12-27, 11:23

It is really amazing to me those who feel they are entitled for one reason or another. It was painful to read that thing. Good thing I didn't want an Avenger anyway.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2011-12-27, 14:53

That is simply insane.

I don't even know what else to say.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-12-28, 00:52

oh it gets better:

http://kotaku.com/5871400/cut-paul-o...has-roid-rage/
Eugene
careful with axes

2011-12-28, 00:58

I loved the fact that in one of his YouTube videos he complains about noise pollution the four-lane boulevard behind his house. In another he's revving his R6 crotch rocket in a quiet neighborhood like an idiot.
tomoe
Veteran Member

2011-12-28, 23:11

and the plot thickens, with an insincere apology...

http://kotaku.com/5871656/chastened-...aulchristoforo

Summary for those that don't want to read wall of text:
Quote:
Mike (Gabe of Penny Arcade) put it best yesterday: This guy isn't sorry. He's sorry he got caught.

Seen a man standin' over a dead dog lyin' by the highway in a ditch
He's lookin' down kinda puzzled pokin' that dog with a stick
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-12-28, 23:15

For those who want to skip the Kotaku commentary and get right to the source: http://penny-arcade.com/resources/an-update1.html

Mike's whole last paragraph really is worth quoting, IMO.
Quote:
I think there is a big difference between being sorry and being sorry you got caught. I have a real problem with bullies. I spent my childhood moving from school to school and I got made fun of everyplace I landed. I feel like Paul is a bully and maybe that’s why I have no sympathy here. Someday every bully meets and even bigger bully and maybe that’s me in this case. It’s the same thing that happened with Jack Thompson. It might not always make the most business sense and it is a policy that has caused us some legal problems, but I really don’t give a shit about that. When these assholes threaten me or Penny Arcade I just laugh. I will personally burn everything I’ve made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2011-12-29, 09:37

The more that comes out, the more Mike/Gabe's commentary about bullies is spot on. This guy is a bully and is finally being called to the pavement. If anything, this whole ordeal shows how much power our words have weather we think they do or not. Our words mean something and we always have to be responsible for them.

In other news, and back to topic, I'm completed the Stormcloak storyline in Skyrim. It was pretty meh, and I'm assuming that the Imperial side will yield the same results. However, the main storyline has been interesting as all hell.

I'm also discovered the Blackreach which, holy crap. Whenever I think I've seen everything in this game, it goes and blows me away all over again.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2011-12-29, 14:29

Busted out Overlord (a 2007 release) and have been goofing around with it with my son. May have to get Overlord 2 since it allows local 2 player co-op / adversary modes. Luckily it's only $15 bucks at GS.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2011-12-29, 23:35

My (board) gamer brother-in-law is visiting so we've put in several hours of board games this week. I don't know any of the names for most of them but we played a couple that were fun. Since this is the video game thread: several hours of Portal 2 have been played. Much fun was had. Sweet game that is.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-12-30, 22:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcfsu View Post
In other news, and back to topic, I'm completed the Stormcloak storyline in Skyrim. It was pretty meh, and I'm assuming that the Imperial side will yield the same results. However, the main storyline has been interesting as all hell.
The two quests are mutually exclusive, aren't they? Why did you choose Stormcloak?
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2011-12-31, 12:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej View Post
The two quests are mutually exclusive, aren't they? Why did you choose Stormcloak?
They are, but I saved prior to starting the Stormcloak path.

Spoiler (click to toggle):
I chose Stormcloak because they don't like the Talmor and based on the storyline thus far, neither do I. However, that piece of the civil war wasn't really involved at all. It was basically just sack this fort, capture this town, which gave me the meh reaction.

The hardest thing I think I'm going to see is grinding to level 50 to get that achievement. But I stand corrected from an earlier statement, you can in fact level past 50 and continue to gain perk points, it's just a very long time. I'm pushing 46 but a friend has hit 51.

Website | Twitter
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-01-21, 17:14

So today I ran into two MAJOR (and possibly related) bugs in Skyrim's Thieves Guild quests. They mean I can't progress that storyline at all. Grrr.

Spoiler (click to toggle):
Basically, Karliah isn't at the Nightingale Shrine thing like she's supposed to be. She's hanging out in the basement of the inn at Winterhold instead, and just says "mmm" when I try to talk to her. Add to that, the quest where I had to get the stone rubbing (Hard Answers) started again for no apparent reason.

I could go back to an old save, but in the meantime I've done ALL of the College of Mages storyline, so it would be a real grind. I'm *hoping* that the next patch resolves it, but it's not mentioned specifically, so that's a bugger.
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2012-01-21, 19:11

Are you sure it's not mentioned specifically. I seem to remember something along the lines of what you were talking about in the 1.4 patch release notes. And that stinks because I really enjoyed that whole storyline.

Website | Twitter
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2012-01-21, 19:25

Oh man, I've fallen back to MW3.. but maybe I should give this Skyrim thing another go...
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2012-01-27, 08:35

I saw a Vault Boy tattoo on reddit the other day, and that got me wanting to play Fallout 3 again. It's the first non-sports game I've played since I bought Skyrim. I don't know how long I'll stick with it, but it has been fun to visit the Wasteland again.
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2012-02-29, 11:59

Skyrim. OMG...

Too much dragons though. I'm only level 10 and I already slayed like 4-5 dragons. I already knew this but still hoped I would finally get a kind of "Boss battle" in a ElderScrolls game.

But the game is awesome. The map is massive. I'll be playing for a while !! I already found and joined the Dark Brotherhood, the Mages, the Rebellion. I'm looking to join the thieves guild but I'm struggling. I think I'm in the good town (Riften). I refuse to look online to get any clues. So spoilers tag on appropriate content please

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2012-02-29, 12:01

I've been thinking about picking up Batman Arkham City and Arkham Asylum. I've heard they're both awesome games but I haven't had a chance to play a lot lately.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2012-02-29, 12:05

Diablo 3.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-02-29, 14:10

F U

But I'm blessed with one of those little game shops that don't understand street dates, so I guess I can't complain too much.

I'm playing Skyward Sword and also Tales of the Abyss on 3DS. Does anyone here besides Rowdy and I have a 3DS? Lemme know so I can friend you.

Oh and Foj I KNOW I NEED TO FRIEND YOU ON PSN. My PS3 isn't working

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2012-02-29, 14:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
My PS3 isn't working
Mine neither! What's happened to yours? I had YLOD about 18 months back and now I have a flashing red light when I flick the power switch.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-02-29, 14:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbulentfurball View Post
Mine neither! What's happened to yours?
Nothing I can blame Sony for...I was getting ready to take it from Bri's house back to my house, so I packed it up in a messenger bag and set it on a table while I was packing. I stupidly left the shoulder strap hanging down off the table. Bjarni the Dog wanted to see what was inside the bag, so he bit the shoulder strap and pulled the bag off the table. Luckily, Bjarni wasn't hurt, but the PS3 was.

I guess I'm still getting used to having an animal around. Besides Bri

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2012-02-29, 15:00

I'm playing FIFA12 that I got for my iPhone for $.99 last week. $.99! I tells ya, handhelds are screwed.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2012-02-29, 15:34

I spent my lunch break playing Super Mario Brothers on one of these bad boys:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/dingoo-...-mini-sd-23032

I've wanted one for a long time, but I finally got one for Christmas this year. (Thank you, Amazon wish list!) I still need to get a microSD card so I can dual-boot Linux on it for better emulators, but the built-in NES one works just fine for now.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2012-02-29, 15:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
I spent my lunch break playing Super Mario Brothers on one of these bad boys:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/dingoo-...-mini-sd-23032

I've wanted one for a long time, but I finally got one for Christmas this year. (Thank you, Amazon wish list!) I still need to get a microSD card so I can dual-boot Linux on it for better emulators, but the built-in NES one works just fine for now.
Woah woah woah. What the hell is that?! That looks amazing. Can you load any NES game that works on an emulator on that? I would love to have some Zelda or Tecmo Bowl on the go. How's the battery life?

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2012-02-29, 16:04

let me second that, and follow-up with a simple question:

if i have a pile of ROM's, is that thing then able to play them? Because if so, holy crap.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me