Logitech Mouse Problem

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Logitech Mouse Problem
onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

Send a message via AIM to onlyafterdark  
2004-12-23, 00:26

Hi all,

I have just recently purchased the new Logitech MX1000. However, I have noticed that the mouse curser jumps around the screen quite a bit when using it. I didnt not have this problem with my old MX700. Is the mouse bad or could it be a software problem. I have the latest version of Logitechs mouseware and have tried using the mouse on many different surfaces with no improvement. Anyone have any ideas?
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-12-23, 00:40

the only times i've seen jumpiness like what you described is when i've tried using an optical mouse on a shiny surface. however, if you've already tried a variety of surfaces, that's probably not it.

have you tried setting your mouse speed settings lower, then back up? sometimes i've seen mice do weird things when they're first plugged in to replace another mouse. a simple reboot gets the computer to treat the new mouse properly, and things work fine again. other than that though, i have no idea. optical mice are usually rock solid.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

2004-12-23, 00:52

Yup, I have tried different speed settings. I have also reverted back to a previous version of the mouseware that came with the MX1000. That didnt work either. Im now back the newest version of the mouseware. Ill probably give it a little while yet just in case it decides to fix itself. If not, its going back.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-12-23, 02:39

Have you rebooted your computer like alc suggested? I know that when I have had problems with my Logitech mouse (MouseMan Traveler) jumping erratically or not clicking on the right spot (usually about 2 cm away from where the pointer is) a reboot has cleared it all up. HTH.

All I want is a simple life
twitter
onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

2004-12-23, 03:19

I have rebooted numerous times. Nothing seems to work. Im going to take the mouse back tomorrow and get a new one. Hopefully it wont suffer from the same problem (knock on wood). I just cant deal with the jumping around. It gets really freaking annoying.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-12-23, 03:55

Are there any old Logitech pref files that you need to trash? Maybe there's some conflcit there? ... just a last shot before you send it back for a replacement.

All I want is a simple life
twitter
onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

2004-12-23, 03:59

Where would those be located?

Edit: Nevermind, Im a dumbass.

Last edited by onlyafterdark : 2004-12-23 at 15:59.
IndianCowboy

2004-12-24, 15:55

What I suggest is that you boot to the OS cd and see if it jumping around there also. If it is, its your mouse thats causing the problem.
onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

2004-12-24, 18:42

Ya it was definately the mouse. I took it back and got a new one. So far I havent experienced any of the problems with the new mouse. Thanks for your help guys.