AppleNova Forums » Feedback »

Sorting by rep in the Members page.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Sorting by rep in the Members page.
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2004-07-15, 11:22

Ok. . . errr. . . this is kinda screwy.

I was on the first page of the member list, on the member page, when sorted by rep. . .

But, I noted some time ago that I was bumped off the first page. No big deal, I thought, but then when I went to the second my name failed to appear there too. Third, forth, fifth. . . etc. . .

Guess what? I am not on the LAST page of the member list when sorted by rep. . . Right above people with red chips.

So tell me why people with grey chips and lower reps are above me on the list when sorted by rep?

no sig, how's that for being a rebel!

curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2004-07-15, 12:36

Looks like the member list loops back into the alphabet on page 13

I also don't appear in the initial list when sorted by reputation, but do appear in normal alphabetical sequence during the second list (which appears to be unsorted).

Maybe, like vB's ability to flag your vote with italics in poll results view, there's a unique modifier style for your appearance in the member list's reputation sorted first list ... except that it's borked.

Since mods and admins have different abilities to see reputation (who left it), I'm not sure if troubleshooting behaviours will appear the same to them.
Alcimedes is at the top of the list when sorted by rep... Brad, LoCash, Murbot, and Carol are all on page one, but if they can see themselves there it might because of special mod/admin vision powers and still might be bugrep for the rest of us. YMMV.

Other hypotheses are invited.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-07-15, 14:24

I suspect it simply sorts rep then alpha.

ie. if you and 50 other people have the same reputation value, that group of 51 people is sorted alphabetically.

When I get home this evening, I'll snoop through the admin cp at your accounts and find out if this is the case.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2004-07-15, 15:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
ie. if you and 50 other people have the same reputation value, that group of 51 people is sorted alphabetically.
That would make sense, however, people with grey chips are above me on the list along with people with green chips but have a different caption (not as good).

While I don't have a perfect rep, I sure as hell don't belong on the last page just above windowsblowsass. . . I mean, that's just insulting.

no sig, how's that for being a rebel!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-07-15, 16:47

I have investigated the matter and found that it is a known issue in vBulletin. Hopefully a fix can be found soon.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-07-16, 18:04

I've found a temporary fix for this bug. Try the memberslist again and tell us what you think!

Chinney
Veteran Member

2004-07-16, 22:25

I think that Groverat would be happy.

windowsblowsass

Send a message via AIM to windowsblowsass  
2004-07-16, 23:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by \/\/ickes
That would make sense, however, people with grey chips are above me on the list along with people with green chips but have a different caption (not as good).

While I don't have a perfect rep, I sure as hell don't belong on the last page just above windowsblowsass. . . I mean, that's just insulting.

crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2004-07-17, 03:21

Well my rep points (which bounce around like nobody's business) have gone from 7 to 0 but without me apparently having been given any negative points.

I'd like my full reputation history please. From the start. Showing points added or deducted, comments and, most importantly, the name of the user who did it.

I'm sick of this bullshit. I don't use your stinking rep system and I'm not interested in having it used on me. If you can't say whatever you've got to say on the board or in a PM then FUCK OFF because I'm not interested in your crap cluttering up my profile. Don't like what I say? TOUGH SHIT because no amount of bad mouthing or negative rep points is going to change it.

If you can't handle people who don't agree with you then *you* have issues. I suggest your time would be better spent dealing with your issues rather than wasting it on someone who thinks you're a pathetic little creep.

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-07-17, 04:16

It WOULD be nice to have your full reputation history available instead of just the last five. It doesn't seem to make sense to hide your older ones, especially if you get many points in a short time period. Chester needs to settle down though.

InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-07-17, 06:58

I think it might be that we all started with 10 reputation points and now those 10 freebies were removed, yes? I use to have 22, now I have twelve. I used to be a good egg and now I am not. And the only negative rating I got was when Mr. Scates and I had a slight difference of opinion in regards to piracy. And that wouldn't explain and ten point drop unless pscates has the power to drop people ten points.

LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-07-17, 07:53

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick people, calm the fuck down. Since we, the board admins, had been fucking around with the rep system so much trying to figure out how it worked, *I* chose to have vBulletin do a recount of all reputation about three days ago. vBulletin gave everybody ONE reputation point, and then counted up or down from there depending on who left what feedback.

This is worse than people complaining about post counts fluctuating. I can change the setting to show more than the last five people that left rep for you, but there is no setting in vB to allow you to see the entire history.

Some of you people need to calm down or go spend a few minutes on the 'time out' couch...

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower

Chinney
Veteran Member

2004-07-17, 11:59

I still think that the Reputation thing should be deleted. It just breeds trouble.

If not deleted, then perhaps it can be defeated. Since it is not possible to keep giving reputation points - or disreputation points - to the same people endlessly (the system prevents it) we could perhaps form big reputation wheels: each person in the wheel could give a point to the next person in sequence, then go around again once you have 'spread out the reputation' enough. I think 5-6 people in the wheel could defeat the system, allowing endless spiralling reputation upwards...or downwards. All this could be accomplished very quickly Anyone want to form a downward wheel with me? I want to beat Groverat to the bottom.

If not, I may just bring out my big random reputation wheel again.

Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2004-07-17, 16:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowsblowsass

Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2004-07-17, 16:39

YaY, I'm on the first page again! ! !

crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2004-07-17, 17:24

And you can remove the custom user title now LoCash, thanks very much. Go play your control freak games with somebody else because I'm really not in the mood for it. You don't like me here? Then either grow some balls and ban me or else get off my fucking case.

The only people I seem to upset are the young boys with something to prove. But I certainly seem to get under their skin. You wanna tell me what your problem is exactly rather than going for the cheap shots that leave me with no comeback? What's the problem children? Were you taken off the tit too young as babies? It's not as if I'm a threat to your bloody web site. So why all the attention?

Either stop hiding behind manipulating user titles, bullshit reputation systems and the like or shut the fuck up.

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-07-17, 17:31

My my, aren't we testy today. You are overreacting, Chester. Settle down and I'll try to get LoCash (or any of the admins, doesn't matter which) to reset your user title. However, I believe you threw the first stone when you said,
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester
I'm sick of this bullshit. I don't use your stinking rep system and I'm not interested in having it used on me. If you can't say whatever you've got to say on the board or in a PM then FUCK OFF because I'm not interested in your crap cluttering up my profile. Don't like what I say? TOUGH SHIT because no amount of bad mouthing or negative rep points is going to change it.

If you can't handle people who don't agree with you then *you* have issues. I suggest your time would be better spent dealing with your issues rather than wasting it on someone who thinks you're a pathetic little creep.
You push, we push back, you push harder... you need to cool down. I don't think LoCash would have done anything if you didn't go so nuts without any apparent provocation.

Any more of this crap and I lock the thread. If there was indeed some "behind the scenes" problem that got you into the mood to post what I quoted above, then keep it behind the scenes in the private messaging system. I don't want to be the babysitter.

EDIT: You know what? Screw it. The problem has been fixed and any further discussion in this thread is pointless at this point. Congrats folks, we got the reputation system working again, and that's the end of that.