User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Eaton Centre Apple Store Opening on May 6th?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Eaton Centre Apple Store Opening on May 6th?
rampancy

2006-04-29, 11:56

ifoAppleStore thinks that the Apple Store that seems to be going up at the Eaton Centre will be opening up next Saturday (May 6th), with the usual fanfare (prize contests, free shirts for the first 1000 people, etc.).

They don't seem to cite any source so I'm somewhat skeptical. Anyway, how long has that big iPod sign been up at the Eaton Centre? And does anyone think that this might be a "Flagship" type of store?

"The things that will destroy us are: politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice."
- Mahatma Gandhi
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2006-05-01, 15:28

Yeah, Apple just spammed me about the store opening. It'll be on the 3rd floor by the Sears. I hope it's bigger than the closet in Yorkdale.
Frank777
Veteran Member

2006-05-01, 16:16

Apple hasn't sent me anything yet. It wasn't listed in their 'Events' mailer this morning either.

And yes, the Yorkdale store is too small. Hopefully the EC location will have the small seminar area.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-05-01, 16:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampancy
They don't seem to cite any source so I'm somewhat skeptical.
Make no mistake; ifoAppleStore is credible. I don't remember them having made any false predictions, at least not recently. The guy travels around a lot to check out upcoming stores right on site.

So, when he says that the store will open, I give it about a 90% chance that he's right on. Apple CA's webmaster's probably just sleeping.
rampancy

2006-05-02, 10:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by InactionMan
Yeah, Apple just spammed me about the store opening. It'll be on the 3rd floor by the Sears. I hope it's bigger than the closet in Yorkdale.
3rd floor by Sears? I think you mean 3rd floor by The Bay, right? Someone (chucker I think) posted a picture of the space while it was under construction. From what I can tell (I haven't been down there in a while), it seems to be somewhat bigger than the Yorkdale store, but it won't be a terribly large store, since half of the area under construction is taken up by another store.

"The things that will destroy us are: politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice."
- Mahatma Gandhi