User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

TV shows and movies on ipod

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
TV shows and movies on ipod
AJjohnson375

2005-11-26, 18:19

I own an iPod video and I believe that apple is working on getting new tv shows and maybe the capablitiy of buying a movie. Once internet gets a little faster who wouldn't want to buy a dvd and download. It's alot faster than going to the store. Apple has made it almost manditory that broadcasting stations join in and allow the consumer to buy a tv show. What the did is they allowed people to put tv shows on their ipods. Now the broadcasting stations are being ripped off because people will just get them off TiVo or lime wire. Companies are being pressured to join the market and hopefully they will do soon. But, with all these new things you will be able to put on an ipod the memory will fill up fast. So I believe that they are going to come up with an ipod with a larger memory and with wifi to a tv. People will connect their ipods to tvs (without the cables). How nice would that be? I think apple has a master plan to all of this and already are ahead of our predictions.
SonOfSylvanus
Fro Productions(tm)

2005-11-26, 19:12

Welcome to AN...

geokker

2005-11-27, 10:32

I think portable, digital TV has to happen - it's in the advertisers interests. Apple will join the party. BBC is trailing telly on the web (welly?) and it seems pretty good. I watched an episode of some guff sitcom yesterday and it was crystal clear with stand alone Realplayer. I do have a 2Mbps connection however. In the meantime, I wish the iPod would come with a radio. I live in the UK where the radio is good (as we pay for it) and I think a tuner is the killer feature.
Franz Josef
Passing by

2005-11-27, 13:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJjohnson375
..... People will connect their ipods to tvs (without the cables). How nice would that be? .....
Hmm...nice, yes, but why to TVs...don't you think TVs might be superseded by Macs / Mac "media centers" or just HD monitors with digital boxes attached?

And BTW, welcome to 'Nova.
AJjohnson375

2005-11-27, 13:23

I think for the time being that people will prefer to connect their ipods first to TVs. I picture it like air tunes. An airport next to the tv (connected like your speakers might be) easy and simple to do.
Franz Josef
Passing by

2005-11-27, 14:33

Quote:
...easy and simple to do...
perhaps you're right, as a first step
naren
snail herder

Send a message via ICQ to naren Send a message via MSN to naren Send a message via Skype™ to naren 
2005-11-27, 14:40

Quote:
I think for the time being that people will prefer to connect their ipods first to TVs. I picture it like air tunes. An airport next to the tv (connected like your speakers might be) easy and simple to do.
Speaking of which, is anyone aware of a Mac compatible solution for this? Video/general-media streaming to a TV screen? A wireless video out system would be nice, I just got Front Row as-well so some 3rd party remote system would be spiffy.

The future is tomorrow!
Franz Josef
Passing by

2005-11-27, 15:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren
A wireless video out system would be nice
Not quite the same thing, but CyTV with Elgato provides wireless video streaming >
link . If you use EyeTV with a Mac, the output can be streamed in real-time to another Mac via AirPort. The client Mac needs VLC. It's free (assuming you already have EyeTV) and works well.
runner91786

2005-11-29, 01:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren
Speaking of which, is anyone aware of a Mac compatible solution for this? Video/general-media streaming to a TV screen? A wireless video out system would be nice, I just got Front Row as-well so some 3rd party remote system would be spiffy.
Actually yes. D-link has the media lounge that is compatible with mac, as well as Roku has a picture bridge, similar to their sound bridge, which also streams video across a network.
chaos123x

2005-12-02, 11:05

I think TV shows will be controlled by the people thru podcasting instead of giant corporations in the end... This means allot of REALLY low budget TV shows, but allot of them aimed at Niche audiences in instead vastly broad audiences.

Even I am Video Podcasting right now..SOME SHOW

and with just regualr web video www.someshow.tv

So as you can see anybody can grab a digital camera and do a TV show... It really is not too hard.
AJjohnson375

2005-12-02, 16:56

What I ment to say is TV shows that are actually on TV. I understand video podcasts but I mean shows produced by abc and ncb.
chaos123x

2005-12-02, 19:08

I was not saying getting Holywood Movies and Network shows is a bad idea... I just forsee the people controlling the media in the future not giant mega corporations...

I own an a Ipod video too... I think to really be effective, is for Apple to come out with a Hi-def H264 Ipod that hooks up to HDTV's to really draw in content worth paying for .... Kinda how the orginal Ipod deystroyed DVD-Audio and Super-CD.

I see a H264 HD Ipod will destroy BlueRay and HD-DVD in the future...But really SOny will Give them a battle with Blueray coming standard on the next Playstation. (playstation 3).

But the low rez Ipod video is a haven for Independent TV shows and short films..Think of it as Public Access Television for the world.