User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Your *possible* 2008 Presidential Vote

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
View Poll Results: Vote for *one* person for President.
Senator Joe Biden ( eight Democrats) 0 0%
Senator Hillary Clinton 12 13.64%
Senator Christopher Dodd 0 0%
Former Senator John Edwards 4 4.55%
Former Senator Mike Gravel 0 0%
Representative Dennis Kucinich 7 7.95%
Senator Barack Obama 25 28.41%
Governor Bill Richardson 1 1.14%
Senator Sam Brownback (ten Republicans) 0 0%
Rudy Giuliani, former mayor of New York City 7 7.95%
Mike Huckabee, former Governor of Arkansas 5 5.68%
Representative Duncan Hunter 0 0%
Dr. Alan Keyes 0 0%
Senator John McCain 3 3.41%
Representative Ron Paul 19 21.59%
Mitt Romney, former Governor of Massachusetts 2 2.27%
Representative Tom Tancredo 1 1.14%
Fred Thompson, former senator of Tennessee 2 2.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Your *possible* 2008 Presidential Vote
Page 5 of 5 Previous 1 2 3 4 [5]  Thread Tools
Dave
Ninja Editor

2007-10-18, 10:04

CNN was running a story yesterday that Steven Colbert was going to run, as both a democrat and a republican, but now I cant find the link.
ghoti
owner for sale by house

2007-10-18, 10:08

You could just scroll up to mine
Dave
Ninja Editor

2007-10-18, 12:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
You could just scroll up to mine
Oh snap! I thought I scrolled up enough. My bad.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2007-10-18, 12:52

Ok, tori and tens, take your conversation to PM's. It's completely off-topic and this point and to be honest getting dull.

Let's either talk about beer or candidates.

I can't believe there's a thread on politics and it got derailed and cranky over something not related to anything political.....

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
kscherer
Which way is up?

2007-10-19, 13:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
I'd rather discuss beer. There's tons and tons of stereotypes when it comes to people who drink beer.

Start your next post with "Real men only drink".
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes View Post
…Let's either talk about beer or candidates…
All righty then!

Real men only drink Arrogant Bastard Ale!

Oh, yeah, and Ron Paul 2008!
SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2007-10-19, 13:30

I was just reading that this will be a record election year for incumbents not running for re-election, 13 in the House and 5 In the Senate, all but two are Republican.
But the way he's acting I fully expect Senator Craig to change his mind and try to remain in his Senate Seat but with the I'm Not Gay Party.

"What's a Canadian farm boy to do?"
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2007-10-21, 10:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
I'd rather discuss beer. There's tons and tons of stereotypes when it comes to people who drink beer.

Start your next post with "Real men only drink".
Since when did you start about making murbot-like posts?

Is it because it's October?

chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-10-21, 10:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugge View Post
Since when did you start about making murbot-like posts?

Is it because it's October?

How dare you compare me with that canook.

Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2007-10-22, 12:00

"canook"? Oh, he's gonna love that!

Windswept
On Pacific time

2007-10-22, 12:32

Did anyone watch the Republican debate last night?

Apparently Huckabee is doing better and better each time, in the eyes of conservative voters.

Thompson got nailed for being lazy by one of the questioners, and he gave an... energetic, and quite effective, rebuttle.

McCain got a standing ovation at one point, during remarks about Hillary's request for federal money for a Woodstock Museum.

He pointed out that he hadn't actually been able to *attend* Woodstock in person, because he was... uh... *tied up* at the time.
Axl

2007-10-22, 13:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept View Post
Did anyone watch the Republican debate last night?

Apparently Huckabee is doing better and better each time, in the eyes of conservative voters.

Thompson got nailed for being lazy by one of the questioners, and he gave an... energetic, and quite effective, rebuttle.

McCain got a standing ovation at one point, during remarks about Hillary's request for federal money for a Woodstock Museum.

He pointed out that he hadn't actually been able to *attend* Woodstock in person, because he was... uh... *tied up* at the time.

Yeah, it was pretty horrible. I'm shocked at how many people are applauding these other candidates who are talking about nothing important. Abortion and gay marriage are the least of our problems right now.

Imagine if big media would actually discuss each candidates voting record in detail?
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2007-10-22, 14:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl View Post
(...)

Imagine if big media would actually discuss each candidates voting record in detail?
While the media might not be interested for now, I'm pretty sure that once we get to the actual election, the two teams will dig up any voting records that can be used against the other team. Heh, hasn't Obama's team already been pointing out how mrs Clinton voted for the Iraq war?

Don't worry we'll get our dirt soon enough.

Ryan
Veteran Member

2007-10-22, 18:46

Does anyone else think Sean Hannity hates Ron Paul?

torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2007-10-22, 19:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Does anyone else think Sean Hannity hates Ron Paul?

Guiliani is Fox News' horse this race.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2007-10-23, 11:38

Ron Paul reminds Hannity of what a real conservative is supposed to be, and makes Hannity look like a tool.
Partial
Stallion

2007-11-29, 16:21

You know, I am starting to warm up to Obama but I fear that he will not cut spending and cut the deficit. The first thing America needs to do is get out of iraq and stop spending so much money, and then stop spending on a federal level beyond college education.

Normally I am all for minimal government intervention, but I also think whomever wins should limit credit cards to one per person under the age of 27, and limit the balance to 500 dollars. The only forms of credit that should be issued to those under 27 are minimal interest loans where paid back starts immediately and each payment must knock an equal amount off the principal as the interest.

...and calling/e-mailing/texting ex-girlfriends on the off-chance they'll invite you over for some "old time's sake" no-strings couch gymnastics...
rasmits
rams it

2007-11-29, 17:40

Mike Gravel is off his rocker.

Catchy though...
tomoe
Veteran Member

2007-11-29, 17:51

Speaking of Gravel...this is also pretty amazing.
Chinney
Veteran Member

2007-12-04, 20:02

What's all this Huckabee mania I have been hearing lately? I hardly knew the guy a month ago, and now all I hear is that he has pulled even with Romney in the Iowa polls. There was a little piece on him in a magazine I recently read, that portrayed him as a conservative with right-wing 'Christian' credentials (former Baptist minister and all), but one with apparent decency, thoughtfulness, and compassion, and not foaming in the mouth about 'liberals'. I get the feeling that for now he is a 'none-of-the-above' candidate. Nobody knows exactly where he stands - I don't think that he has people turning heads with notable policy announcements - but at least he is not one of the other candidates, each of whom, for many Republicans, have a significant question-mark, if not outright negative mark (for some), associated with them.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.

Last edited by Chinney : 2007-12-04 at 20:13.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2007-12-04, 20:28

It's funny, because if it weren't for Iowa, we still wouldn't be hearing anything about Huckabee.

He has been able to meet with many small groups of people there, and has been able to have meaningful, conversational exchanges with them.

And so, his polling numbers have surged in Iowa of late.

His performance in the debate last week was also quite good. He comes across as rational, balanced, even-tempered, relaxed, friendly, non-confrontational, and humorous. Not a bad slate of qualities.

For conservative Republicans, now that Thompson has not quite turned out to be the candidate they hoped for, Huckabee might fill the conservative bill.

He does seem very *genuine*, and not 'scripted' like some of the others.

I, for one, am still completely undecided, and haven't even voted in my own poll. Sheesh!
Windswept
On Pacific time

2007-12-06, 14:13

Don't know if any of you had a chance to watch Romney talk about religion this morning.

I just could *not* believe the strange look on his face for the entire duration of the speech.

He looked *unbelievably* meek and sheepish, as if he were submitting, reluctantly but dutifully, to some sort of requirement or demand from higher-ups; as if he 'had' been conducting himself in a wild and crazy manner, but now, after chastisement, was in full and submissive compliance.

Honestly, I just can't tell you how odd he looked, and how repellent his manner came across (to me, anyway). It was so weird and amazingly disconcerting.

He acted like an errant teenager, who had just returned from a well-deserved episode of punishment in the woodshed, filled with remorse and unspoken apology.

Very strange. He was so oddly submissive, and even seemed like he might be on the verge of tears the whole time. If I had ever considered voting for him, this speech would probably have dissuaded me.

Also, at one point he said something like "religion needs freedom, and freedom needs religion". Well, I, for one, do *not* necessarily believe that freedom needs religion. I think he was assuming too much, and taking too much for granted in making such a statement.