AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Apple to buy Microsoft?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple to buy Microsoft?
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2009-05-05, 14:42

I was just thinking, Apple has so much money and they're so awesome do you think they might want to buy Microsoft? That would be crazy!
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2009-05-05, 14:44

Zomg!
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2009-05-05, 14:48

LAWLwut.
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2009-05-05, 14:48

Now there's a proper rumour.

Not like that pot-head talk about Twitter.

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2009-05-05, 14:59

Oh yes, Apple should most certainly buy MS
hmurchison
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to hmurchison  
2009-05-05, 15:25

Yes buy'em

with petty cash
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2009-05-05, 15:25

COnfirmedd!!2@12!@!1
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-05-05, 15:34

Can a mod ban himself?
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2009-05-05, 15:44

Brad did. But he's an admin.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2009-05-05, 16:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Can a mod ban himself?
I could try!

EDIT: Nope, it says "Invalid user specified" when I try.

I will move this to AO though, just to keep it away from all the captivating rumor discussion here
Foj
Veteran Member

2009-05-05, 16:46

Crash different?

@_@ Artman

2009-05-05, 16:46

Banana
is the next Chiquita

2009-05-05, 16:54

Luca,

Didn't you ban yourself once in distant past? Something to do with new mini being awesome for a change or something like that?
MBHockey
skates=grafs

2009-05-05, 17:07

I saw the thread title and said "..the fuck?" aloud, then saw it was Luca and smiled
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2009-05-05, 17:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana View Post
Luca,

Didn't you ban yourself once in distant past? Something to do with new mini being awesome for a change or something like that?
Hmm, I doubt it seeing as how I just tried to ban myself and it didn't work. I honestly can't ever remember being banned (here at least).
zsummers
Avast!

2009-05-05, 17:27

I heard Apple was just buying the Windows operating system.

Microsoft will continue to hold the lucrative Zune operations.
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2009-05-05, 17:37

I'd love to hear the Apple boot chime on an Xbox 360. It'd put a smile on my face, before the inevitable red ring of death. It'd be fun while it lasted.

Oh hey, maybe it'd have the sad Mac icon instead. That'd be cool.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2009-05-05, 17:41

Apple to MS: We'll buy Windows 7 from you and Bungie. You can keep the rest of the shit you've made.
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2009-05-05, 19:53

stop it, I'm an old man i can't handle this much laughter!......................Shit!........... NURSE, NURSE, it happened again........................... I'm all wet!!

I used to be undecided.....But now I'm not so sure.
No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2009-05-05, 21:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca View Post
I was just thinking, Apple has so much money and they're so awesome do you think they might want to buy Microsoft? That would be crazy!
Ha ha ha. So funny. My hat fell off from laughing so much at your gr8 joke.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2009-05-05, 22:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratt View Post
Ha ha ha. So funny. My hat fell off from laughing so much at your gr8 joke.
I know. I'm a comedian.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2009-05-06, 09:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
Apple to MS: We'll buy Windows 7 from you and Bungie. You can keep the rest of the shit you've made.
Bungie bought its freedom with Halo 3 proceeds. It is my understanding Halo ODST is their last contracted game with MS.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2009-05-06, 10:13

Nice. I hadn't heard that. Bungie come back! Marathon Resurrection FTW!
spotcatbug
Veteran Member

2009-05-06, 11:00

Wait, doesn't Microsoft already own Apple? Some dude's friend told that to this other guy's sister who (the guy) mentioned it to me once, so you know it's true.

Ugh.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-05-06, 11:12

Microsoft, in conjunction with Sharpie and Quicken, bought Apple back in about 1999 or so. They've owned them for a while, and that's why Steve Jobs and Bill Gates get along. Actually, Microsoft did the original design/prototyping on the iMac, and then Apple stole the idea and made it blue (Microsoft's was a beige-ish/red sort of color, with horizontal pinstripes).

And I've read in a few places where the iPod was originally a Microsoft product. They've had a bit of a falling out over that, but Apple worked it out and pays Microsoft a licensing (royalty?) fee on each iPod sold. I believe it's something like 6-8%.

It's kinda tangled and complex, but if you put the work and research into it you can learn all about it.

Ever since Microsoft bought Apple, there computers don't crash as much. So it's prolly a win-win for everyone, IMO.
zsummers
Avast!

2009-05-06, 14:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Ever since Microsoft bought Apple, there computers don't crash as much. So it's prolly a win-win for everyone, IMO.
Extra points for goofy typo...
artesc

2009-05-06, 18:09

Frankly, we could use some juicy gossip. Is it just me or does Apple as a whole seem a bit staid at the moment. I mean, the product line isn't exactly anything to sneeze at, but everything just seems so boring.

There is no Macworld to look forward to, there are no substantial rumors, nothing.

I guess part of it is that we are just in the 'rumor' doldrums per say; but, I there is a certain je ne sais quoi. The brand as a whole seems, well, uninspiring at the moment.

Maybe things will pick up once we get closer to the WWDC and the imminent releases of Snow Leopard and the new iPhone.

I think a lot of it has to do with the expectations that Apple has built up around itself; it can't really live up to them.

artesc all the way!
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2009-05-06, 18:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by artesc View Post
I think a lot of it has to do with the expectations that Apple has built up around itself; it can't really live up to them.
I think that's the conclusions some people (myself included) came after the announcement that Apple wasn't going to be a part of MacWorld. For better or worse, I would imagine there's going to be lot less rumors and speculations now that Apple operates much more similarly to any other hardware/software manufacturer (well, the discreet ones, at least...). It must have had gotten out of Apple's hand because there were expectation being raised and after event X, you literally could hear groaning and moaning of various fanbois 'underwhelmed' with the releases which was never slanted to be anything but a minor bump.
joveblue
Veteran Member

2009-05-07, 10:42

I think the product line has become mature enough that most new products are relatively uninteresting iterations on the previous model.

"Look, our new iPod Nano has gone back to long and thin, and we also came up with Shake-To-Shuffle!"

Yawn.

I think the new MacBook range is pretty damn awesome though, and I can't wait for the new iPhone.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-05-07, 10:50

Same here. And there's a good chance we're within a year of an iMac overhaul. Come August, it'll be two years that we've had this current design.

Even if it's just a small cosmetic tweak (vs. a ground-up redo), they tend to change things up a bit every 2-3 years with the iMac (where the tower will stay the same for several decades).