AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: 1.9 - Testifwhatthefuck

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: 1.9 - Testifwhatthefuck
Page 7 of 10 First Previous 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  Next Thread Tools
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-01, 23:55

Dead. Drowned. I gave up after Grey got blown up by the creeper. I tried to save his stuff but the second creeper took out some of it. I got lucky and threw a fence post in his way, else he'd have had me dead to rights. I was loaded down with lots of gold and redwire and lapis and iron and so I started to dig up, up, up. I finally kept hitting sand and then water. I had an air pocket, and I tried to fill my lungs for the swim to the surface but as I drew near my little body ran out of air and I died.... all that gold sinking back to the ocean floor.

And whoever built the amazing ocean glass thing : kudos!!!

¡Damned!

2011-11-02, 09:35

Yeah, that was rough. 20 exp points up in a ball of creeper flame. They really do seem more powerful than before.

It was loads of fun though.
¡Damned!

2011-11-02, 14:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
Just don't make him angry. He plays rough, ask the sailors....
Just saw this last night when I boated over there with Drew to show him my "secret" project. Awesome!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-02, 20:06

BTW, how did you place the melons?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-02, 20:44

You can craft a melon block by putting 9 slices together.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-02, 21:02

Why didn't I think of that.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-02, 23:14

Btw, thanks for showing me that dangeresque beastie, 709... glad we escaped its wrath!

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-11-03, 00:00

Umm...the fuck? New glitch?

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-03, 00:04

Camera controls. You must have hit either n or m by accident. Press them at the same time to recenter. Jeb left them in by accident with pre-5 and is removing them with the next build.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-03, 00:15

Drunk again!!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-03, 00:28

Actually, no, I prefer Drew's explanation.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-03, 14:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
HC SVNT DRACONES

That is all.
Holy crap. I had no idea what this meant until gerlocian asked me about a certain curious structure on the map. I know what the first thing I'm checking out later tonight is!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-03, 16:40

And why I asked about melons.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-05, 15:04

New version of OptiFine was released with support for beta 1.9 pre-5.

I stuck a copy on my dropbox so you don't have to mess with opening and modifying the MC jar. Just download, unzip, and replace!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25122677/Min...5-optifine.zip

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-05, 15:11

Also, here's a copy of the launcher Minecraft.app that I modified to run in 64-bit mode. Works for me at least, but your mileage may vary.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25122677/Min....app-64bit.zip

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-05, 16:19

So download the first thing to our bin directory and then download the 2nd one to our applications directory? (making backups as necessary)

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-05, 16:22

You got it! Unzip each, of course.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-05, 16:30

What's the advantage of the 64-bit mode?

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-05, 16:34

Twice as many bits!!

There are probably some performance gains, but I haven't benchmarked it. There are also some 32-bit JVM bugs that cause Minecraft to crash on Windows, but I don't think they affect the JVM on Mac OS X.

Consider this an experimental build. If it works well, keep it. Else, toss it and go back to the standard launcher.

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-11-05, 16:49

It renders far distance much better -- things seem snappier.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-06, 01:03

Oh Brad, why you deeent tell us dummies how to properly unzip a jar file?
I'm trying to figure that out now!!!

Nevermind, Stuffit Expander did it properly.... plblblblttt to the built-in thingy.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-07, 01:33

Psst... I didn't want to bother with a new thread for this: Here's a copy of our old Bridgeport world for download. Please only download once! It's 135 MB and unnecessary downloads will eat up our monthly bandwidth cap. I'll be nuking the link after about a week; so, get it while you can!

SpecMode
Wait what

2011-11-07, 04:48

I just spent the better part of an hour just wandering around and reminiscing. So many great projects scattered about the old world. I even did a little bit of remodeling around Mob Hill, just to see how new stuff like glass panes could make the place look a little different.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-07, 09:23

Those were the good old days when the ground was ground, not Swiss cheese. I went around last night closing off all the weird little entries to the caves under my current place.
¡Damned!

2011-11-07, 14:15

Thanks Brad!

I poked around for a bit myself today. Lots of great stuff. Already found two things I'd never seen before - a large room under Brad's house with floating ores (and slimes ) and a sliding wall in the comm exchange that leads to a huge room full of chests (bobsky's I assume given the location) - can't wait to find more things that I never visited or were hidden.

So it goes.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2011-11-07, 18:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Psst... I didn't want to bother with a new thread for this: Here's a copy of our old Bridgeport world for download. Please only download once! It's 135 MB and unnecessary downloads will eat up our monthly bandwidth cap. I'll be nuking the link after about a week; so, get it while you can!
Thanks a million for that Brad. I really missed wandering round my isolated snow base and the Rink.

Maybe I'll rebuild it to an extent in the new world.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-07, 19:24

About that... so, we were recently talking in-game about the Old World (which further prompted me to get it ready and post it for download) and I said that I would certainly entertain having each member pick one of his/her buildings or structures (within reason) to be transported into the New World, assuming we get bukkit running again one day.

I could see the Rink qualifying, if that'd be your choice!

Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2011-11-07, 19:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
About that... so, we were recently talking in-game about the Old World (which further prompted me to get it ready and post it for download) and I said that I would certainly entertain having each member pick one of his/her buildings or structures (within reason) to be transported into the New World, assuming we get bukkit running again one day.

I could see the Rink qualifying, if that'd be your choice!
That's awesome.

That would definitely be my choice considering the sheer amount of resources that would require to rebuild. Not too mention the months...
billybobsky
BANNED

2011-11-07, 20:04

Could we make it a throw back area of the map, ie: little to no further development with everything next to each other? (fixing things is allowed) It could even be a cityscape planned by you, Brad, if you want.

I would have moved the modern house I built. It would take some doing, but I think I could get it fixed up. The hill is the bitch part of that, though I could certainly landscape around it to fit it anywhere.

Also: I think 709 will want his museum.... but can I suggest that we also pick (in addition to the one/person) say 3 community selected structures... I would nominate 709's hotel, the space shuttle (since I suspect Brad's transport would be the moneybin or the airport), and k's lodge.

Other structures we will likely be building replacements of: the AN sign, the hostile mob trap (designed to preclude owen's from spawning)...
billybobsky
BANNED

2011-11-07, 20:29

On an unrelated note, someone's taken most of the green (client side error):

2011-11-07_20.19.49 by billybobsky, on Flickr