User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

What video games are you playing right now?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
What video games are you playing right now?
Page 77 of 77 First Previous 73 74 75 76 [77]  Thread Tools
kscherer
Which way is up?

2024-03-22, 11:21

I don't think any of them are as good as the original, but Reach is darn close!
¡Damned!

2024-03-22, 12:59

That's next! Then Halo 4 and I'll give Bungie a break for a while before diving into anything Destiny related. I'm thinking about playing the Mass Effect trilogy next – I know absolutely nothing about that series but I've heard good things so I figure I'd give it a shot. Not a fan of playing in third-person, generally, but I'll manage.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2024-03-22, 13:28

Reach is incredibly well done. Great graphics, great game-play, the story line is well thought out and follows a prequel time-line you'll instantly recognize, and the ending is fun and leaves you with a bit of "wow!" in terms of how things went for the planet. Play through in Legendary if you want to get your ass thumped! . The Halo 2 and 3 Legendary settings just made enemies harder to kill, but in Reach they're smarter, will flank you, bunch up on you, and also are harder to kill!

Halo 4 is fun, but it sort of wanders a bit. Lots of new bad guys to contend with (and some old "friends"). I didn't like the story line, but the game-play is very Halo.

Reach is better, and by no small margin IMHO. It's kind of the Rogue One of the Halo series.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2024-03-22, 15:04

I'm deep into Starfield now. I really enjoy it for the different aspects of game play it brings. It is my nightly "go kill things" as a Freestar Ranger cleaning up the trash. Starship battles and even planet exploration is nice too.

I was playing Fallout 76 but have just about completely stopped playing it now. I really enjoy that it isn't a online game more than I thought. I don't actually like MMO games really. Sure there are some fun aspects, but I don't care for PvP or those types of play so it just doesn't appeal to me.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.