AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

In my Chinese takeout...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
In my Chinese takeout...
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-07-15, 01:15

I found an empty fortune cookie bag. It was sealed, still had air in it. It had not been unsealed in any way, shape, or form. Just a fortune cookie bag. With nothing in it. There was no fortune cookie astray inside of the bag. Nothing. Nada. No cookie for Jack. No fortune for Jack.

Quite poetic... story of my life

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
thedustin

2004-07-15, 01:31

HaHa. I thought it was bad to get a cookie w/o a fortune, but that's the worst I would guess. Hang it from your rear view mirror for shits 'n giggles. Nothin' like no fortune to wash down you kung pow cat..

_thedustin
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-07-15, 01:54

, it fits with your title!

Uh...

"Didn't get laid OR a fortune"
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-07-15, 05:16

My first thought was that the gods hated me. Then I began to get mental images from Xena: Warrior Princess episodes. Only, the only mental images conjured were of Xena and Gabrielle making out. Which wasn't so bad, and it took my mind off the fact that I got an empty fortune cookie wrapper.

Fuck. I got an empty fortune cookie wrapper.

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-07-15, 05:36

http://www.creativideos.com/me/photo...elle_dance.jpg

They're a cute couple

[edit: Posting inline images that are on password protected servers isn't cool. - Brad]
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-07-15, 08:57

You're taking it better than I would, Jack. The symbolism of a completely empty fortune cookie bag would scare the hell out of me and keep me up at night.

"Oooh, this CAN'T be good..."
Windswept
On Pacific time

2004-07-15, 09:36

Think of it this way, Jack: the gods are trying to tell you that your fortune, fate, destiny and life are completely what *you* make of them.

In other words, YOU are like a god yourself !

Oh, Mighty One!

(How do you like *that* interpretation? Make ya feel any better? )
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2004-07-15, 09:56

or far more likely... there are no fortunes left. you are dead.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2004-07-15, 10:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky
or far more likely... there are no fortunes left. you are dead.
Hey now, don't be a 'gloomy Gus', billybobsky.
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2004-07-15, 10:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCash
I found an empty fortune cookie bag.
LoCash: I very rarely eat my fortune cookies. They all just sit in a pile in the kitchen. Should I send you one as a house-warming gift in Atlanta?

Somewhat on topic, here's my favorite cookie fortune ever. Some years ago, in college, I went out for Chinese food with my girlfriend. At the end of the meal, my fortune read: "Happiness is sitting next to you." This girl and I will have been married for five years this Saturday (and together for nine)... cheesy, but true.

My second-favorite cookie fortune had something to do with breaking Windows, but I can't find that one right now. (I keep the good ones around.)

Escher

I've been waiting for a true sub-PowerBook for more than 10 years. The 11-inch MacBook Air finally delivers on all counts! It beats the hell out of both my PowerBook 2400c and my 12-inch PowerBook G4 -- no contest whatsoever.
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2004-07-15, 10:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol
Think of it this way, Jack: the gods are trying to tell you that your fortune, fate, destiny and life are completely what *you* make of them.

In other words, YOU are like a god yourself !
Carol just summarized my religious beliefs, in a nutshell. We make or are our own gods and make our own fate, just like we want them to be. Now how do we make sure that the mighty LoCash gets laid ASAP?

Escher

I've been waiting for a true sub-PowerBook for more than 10 years. The 11-inch MacBook Air finally delivers on all counts! It beats the hell out of both my PowerBook 2400c and my 12-inch PowerBook G4 -- no contest whatsoever.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-07-15, 11:00

I didn't know you moved to Atlanta. Bring shorts and an A/C...
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2004-07-15, 11:13

Well it could have been worse. I mean, I get some that read "You like Chinese Food" . . . and then I get all freaked out, wondering how the hell did the cookie know?

Pardon me while I grab my tin foil hat and lie under my bed.

no sig, how's that for being a rebel!
¡Damned!

2004-07-15, 11:18

Maybe your new title should be 'Unfortunate'.

*badumchiiiing*
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2004-07-15, 12:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
I didn't know you moved to Atlanta. Bring shorts and an A/C...
pscates: I'm pretty sure LoCash (and Carol, right?) is moving, but I'm also pretty sure he's not quite there yet.

Escher
Windswept
On Pacific time

2004-07-15, 12:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escher
pscates: I'm pretty sure LoCash (and Carol, right?) is moving, but I'm also pretty sure he's not quite there yet.

Escher
Hi Escher. LoCash and I are about 2,000 miles apart; and the only move I'll be making in the near future is 'out' of this chair and outside to mow the lawn.

Dread....

Nah...surprisingly enough, I actually find myself in a lawn-mowing mood today! (Will wonders never cease?!)

Edit:
Btw, both our comments about taking control of our lives have inspired me to get busy and *do* so. Who said hanging out on messageboards was a waste of time?!
Akumulator

2004-07-15, 12:49

I'll mow your lawn....
Windswept
On Pacific time

2004-07-15, 13:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumulator
I'll mow your lawn....
Um...that is...I...uh......
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-07-15, 18:00

Oh I didn't take the symbolism of the empty wrapper well at all. I took 18mg of Melatonin chased with a few shots of NyQuil and went to bed.

The last time I actually opened and read a fortune cookie fortune (I usually toss them on the floor as instant cat toys) was when I was watching the Unabomber TV movie on USA. I swear, I opened the fortune cookie and it said, "You will get something exciting in the mail." My friend was there to witness this too. I refused to check the mail for a week after that.

I'm packing up all my stuff in Boston on the 28th, and probably beginning the trek back to Atlanta on the 29th. I grew up in Atlanta, so I'm well aware of the horrifically hot and humid environment to which I am returning. Cost of living is cheaper there, and I already have work waiting for me when I return, so it's tough to say no to that.

Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2004-07-15, 18:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol
LoCash and I are about 2,000 miles apart; and the only move I'll be making in the near future is 'out' of this chair and outside to mow the lawn.
Carol: No idea why I thought that you and LoCash were significant others. Must have been browsing for too long that day...

Quote:
Btw, both our comments about taking control of our lives have inspired me to get busy and *do* so. Who said hanging out on messageboards was a waste of time?!
That's excellent! Maybe I should shut down this silly computer and get back to studying for the bar. It's still ten days away and I'm almost already assuming that I will flunk it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCash
Oh I didn't take the symbolism of the empty wrapper well at all. I took 18mg of Melatonin chased with a few shots of NyQuil and went to bed.
Goodness gracious, LoCash. You really frighten me. I get a hangover just from taking one of the 3mg pills with a can of beer.

Quote:
The last time I actually opened and read a fortune cookie fortune (I usually toss them on the floor as instant cat toys) was when I was watching the Unabomber TV movie on USA. I swear, I opened the fortune cookie and it said, "You will get something exciting in the mail." My friend was there to witness this too. I refused to check the mail for a week after that.
It's scary how true to life cookie fortunes can be! I was going to say that you were paranoid. But then I remembered that I slept with my head completely under my sheets for several years after being terrified by E.T. on the big screen (dubbed in German to boot).

Quote:
I'm packing up all my stuff in Boston on the 28th, and probably beginning the trek back to Atlanta on the 29th.
Hope you have a smooth move, LoCash. I hate moving, except that it has always encouraged me to divest of my worldly possessions. May I suggest some Modafinil for the drive? Should do you better than Melatonin.

Quote:
I grew up in Atlanta, * * * I already have work waiting for me when I return, so it's tough to say no to that.
Gotta go where the work is! Going back to the place of your youth, presumably with old friends and family, is an added (major) bonus. Think how psyched you'll be when Boston gets pounded by blizzards and blistering cold a few months from now!

Escher

shellysexbomb

2005-03-22, 09:39

I got this in a cookie, what does it mean?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-03-22, 10:26

I believe it means "When there are threads to be bumped, you should do so".
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2005-03-22, 10:43

hey, paul is back

on topic

i once bought a pez that had no head...was in a sealed package and i thought, hey if i keep this in it's package, it might be worth something...but, sadly, the dog found the pez package and ate through it to get to the candy...so no headless pez in pristine package for thegelding...having a dog is learning to deal with loss, in many ways

g

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2005-03-22, 11:20

All in good fun I guess, but this happens all the time. I've even see the empty fortune cookie bag before. Once.

What I see all the time though...or did in high school, was emtpy chip bags. You'd think this would be a rareity, but it had to happen more then 2x a year...every year since 8th grade.

Carol and LoCash a couple huh?
wouldn't that be a sight...
LoCash washing down mystery pills with hard liquor while snorting coke off of Carol's stomach while she cry's to a dramatic book that relates to astrology
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2005-03-22, 12:49

Sounds sexy, where do I sign up? I cry too sometimes, but only when I bump a lot of meth
Mister Black

2005-03-22, 12:58

Once I found shredded newspaper in my pho. I don't go to that pho place anymore.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2005-03-22, 13:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast3r3x
Carol and LoCash a couple huh?
wouldn't that be a sight...
LoCash washing down mystery pills with hard liquor while snorting coke off of Carol's stomach while she cry's to a dramatic book that relates to astrology
Well, ast3r3x, I can guarantee you that if LoCash were snorting coke off my stomach, I definitely would *not* be reading a book!
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2005-03-22, 13:45

But she would be crying.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2005-03-22, 13:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes
But she would be crying.
NOOOOOO! I wouldn't!!!!!
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2005-03-22, 14:06

All you have to do is say, "Please", Carol.