User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Applecare in general and/or onsite repair issues

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Applecare in general and/or onsite repair issues
dwill

2006-04-14, 12:52

Has anyone had problems with Applecare as it relates to their onsite repair, phone support, genius bar or the corporatism of them all?

It seems to me that they are turning into a mixture of Microsoft of old and todays Enron. Sure I still love the computers and especially the OS, but lately I have noticed a lack of service at best and a severe attitude problem at worst with the repair of computers.

They advertised onsite repair in their applecare with the only conditions being that you must have a G5 Powermac and be within 50 miles of an authorized Apple Service provider, but then refuse to provide it when needed. Would this not be false advertising?

I even talked with Mark DiAnda in Jean Telusse's office at corporate and he seemed to, just before the call, have pulled his head out of his @%*.

Even a year ago, It took 6 months for me to get a motherboard "correctly" replaced from an "authorized service provider", they eventually replaced the entire computer after 5 attempts to fix the same issue after I threatened them with California Lemon Law. I read a thread here about a guy who bought a service contract from Best Buy and had issues, but at least it was quickly resolved.

Apple seems to love to fight things every step of the way. I don't know if this is a money issue or what, but I have been with them since 1987 and love the products when they work with the recent exception of Applecare. Sure I think that for $250 for 3 total years is a great deal on paper, but if you have to spend thousands on wasted time in kicking everyone at Apple in the @%* to get them to do their job, is it really worth it?

Even though the computer design and technology have improved since Apple was the underdog, it seems that they have lost the essence of the 1970s Steve and Steve for a corporate a-hole attitude. Maybe the ipod market share corrupted them.

Has anyone had these type of problems with Applecare in general or the onsite service?