User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

macromedia director

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
macromedia director
thomasin

2006-01-06, 08:50

I am having trouble publishing my director masterpiece! i think it might be because my lingo writing is wrong? but i dont know! can anyone help me please?
jondaapplegeek

Send a message via MSN to jondaapplegeek Send a message via Skype™ to jondaapplegeek 
2006-01-06, 13:19

i have no idea how director works, but your post seems to be a bit vague.
Maybe you could publish a few more details so those in the know can help you better/quicker.

Jon Hole
http://www.jonhole.co.uk
15" PowerBook G4 Combo, 1GB RAM
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2006-01-06, 13:26

More info from you usually results in more answers from us. Or at least better answers.
thomasin

2006-01-06, 14:43

Sorry for being so vague!
I am using Macromedia Director MX2004 and I have created an interactive movie with rollover buttons. They use the "mouseUp" command.

It works before publishing in director itself. However, when i publish my director project, the rollerovers work but the "mouseUp" function does not.

I have used the Display Full Script Error Text function when publishing and it reports no problems.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2006-01-06, 15:30

I don't have Dir MX 2004 installed on this machine at the moment, but from memory,

as I recall, mouseOver and mouseDown are much more common triggers than mouseUp or mouseOut,
unless you're trying to build a counterintuitive interface

mouseUp should be the default state (ie: no button pushed, or the release of a button... easier to trigger on push than release)
mouseDown is the click action of pushing a button
mouseOver/Within is the normal rollover graphic trigger (mouse enters the active button area)
mouseOut/Leave is the typical revert action for a rollover (mouse leaves the active button rollover zone)

try swapping your mouseUp action/lingo with mouseDown and see if it tracks better.

MM support has a few technotes on mouseUp and active sprite issues...

see here if blocked by Flash element and here about "active sprites", among other results

The Director groups are usually very helpful and you'll often find the answer you seek has been sought before and posted, although it may mean wading through the threads a bit.

Last edited by curiousuburb : 2006-01-07 at 07:18.
thomasin

2006-01-06, 15:33

Thanks for the info, i'll give that a try and let you know how it goes
thomasin

2006-01-07, 04:58

I tried changing mouseUp for mouseDown and that hasnt changed anything.
I have nothing to do with flash in my movie so i dont think that can be it either. And the 2nd site you reccommended, i really didnt get to be honest! but if it means that i need the interactive sprites at the top, then its not that either as they are all interactive.... so surely that would mean at least one of them worked, right?

Could there be anything wrong with the way ive written the script?
this a typical example of what ive been doing:

on mouseDown me
go to frame 5998
end
on mouseWithin me
sprite(2).member = 77
end
on mouseLeave me
sprite(2).member = 69
end

* the "me" it said in a book that it would work either with or without, and ive tried both combinations, if thats any use?

anymore help/ideas you can give me would be great! thanks
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2006-01-07, 07:18

hmmm... I'll have to dig around a bit... give me a few days and I'll get back to you.
thomasin

2006-01-09, 04:32

Thanks, that would be really great
thomasin

2006-01-09, 17:42

Ok I found out the problem was due to a stage mask being applied at the time of publishing...
So i tried getting the same effect by putting 4 thin sprites around the edge of the stage to create the same effect, its looks rubbish, as i cant manage to change the colour of the projectors background, and also dont know how to remove the stages frame window (i got rid of the title b ar just not the thin line around the edge).
So now im wondering if its possible to create a mask with a hole in the middle so that i would still be able to click the sprites underneath?
Any help anyone can give me would be very much appreaciated!
thanks