User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Difft language keyboard/keycaps for 12" PB ?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Difft language keyboard/keycaps for 12" PB ?
Swing

2005-07-20, 09:33

I have a need to change my 1.5 Ghz 12" PB's keyboard/keycaps to a different language, namely from English to French, as for the foreseeable future I will be using French language only keyboards and it will drive me batty to switch to an English keyboard only when using my PB on the go.

Anyone know the details involved to do this, as well as the likely cost?

Thanks much.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-07-20, 09:41

Well, if you can touch-type the French layout without having to *look* at the keys, you can simply change the software keyboard layout in System Preferences -> International -> Input Menu.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Swing

2005-07-20, 11:14

Hi Brad,

My PB w/English keyboard is now set to French. Unfortunately, I cannot touch-type well even in my native English (and even when I really get on a roll, as I am more from the old hunt-and-peck-quick school). And in French, which tongue-ties and finger-ties me to no end under any and all circumstances, I cannot touch-type at all.

I am currently using the Apple bluetooth French language keyboard, but when I need to go mobile with the PB I will fall apart because it is in English format.

For the time being I'd rather use a French language keyboard on the PB and have the capacity to switch the keyboard/keycaps back and forth. Many of the keys are quite different from the two languages- not so much the letters, more so the numbers & symbols.