Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

This seems like Spam, but it's not

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
This seems like Spam, but it's not
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-12-28, 13:20

Like some people may know, my mom is a cancer surviver, and so now I naturally have a different mentality towards those that have or had cancer. I know someone, my best friend has a little sister, and her best friend is named Marie. Marie is 16 years old and has cancer. She's been taking kemotherapy, and has been very sick. She had some rare form of cancer in her knee, and had to get the cancer cut out. She hasnt been able to walk for about 7 months, without crutches. She'll be all finished with her treatments, if everything goes well, by the end of January.

The point of this is, I would like to surprise her, and send her a pink iPod. She's a part of a fairly poor family, and I'd just like to anonymously send her that gift. She loves music but could never afford to buy an iPod.

I was just wondering if anyone here knows how those iPod spam things work or how to basically work the system to get someone something they deserve, at no cost.

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration
MCQ
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MCQ  
2004-12-28, 14:02

M'tosh - it's chemotherapy

As for the iPod thing, here's an article about the whole "web offer" category:
http://news.com.com/Web+offer+too+go...3-5504038.html

With regards to the iPod, the most known one is *********.com which is run by Gratis Internet. I think you have to sign up for an offer, and then get several others to do the same. I don't know what the exact offers are, though I'd suspect that the majority of them are either credit cards or some sort of subscription to a service.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2004-12-28, 15:06

Messiahtosh,

This is a really cool thing to do. I'd look into setting up a donation website where you can get paypal or something like that. If you set one up, I'd donate.
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2004-12-28, 15:11

That's very nice of you. I decided to go the cheaper route and show my niceness by creating a website for a friend who found out that he had a brain tumor. He would smell something weird, get nauseous and go into a seizure/pass out. He had surgery yesterday actually and it was a success as he can still talk and have all his motor skills still. I guess they are just now looking if it was cancerous or not.

I just made a website with php/mysql for people to say something nice to him so he could see all the people that care about him.

http://www.intouch04.com/