Apple VR Headsets

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple VR Headsets
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2022-11-14, 15:31

Totally different gaming audience as well, Apple gets casual gamers, serious gamers are on those consoles or PC.
Frank777
Veteran Member

2022-11-14, 15:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
Hard to catch up in terms of video game library.
True, but the intro of the Glasses would seem to imply that there's a big recoding effort coming for the video game world.

Apple has taken its time with Arcade and AppleTV. It's not unlikely that they've got some good coding tools for the ATV developed and ready to drop with the Glasses intro. Gaming developers might be the target of the next WWDC.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-11-28, 19:52

I know that smartphone cameras can capture dark rooms, but can they preview the scenes with the same clarity?

If so, could VR goggles also be used as night vision aids? If not real time previews, could they act as an intervelometer and display a continuous stream of previews, simulating a low frame rate display? I just sense this could be an unimagined benefit of smart glasses.

dglow

Yesterday, 13:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
I know that smartphone cameras can capture dark rooms, but can they preview the scenes with the same clarity?

If so, could VR goggles also be used as night vision aids? If not real time previews, could they act as an intervelometer and display a continuous stream of previews, simulating a low frame rate display? I just sense this could be an unimagined benefit of smart glasses.

Yes, and as general vision aids too. It's a fair bet that the Glasses will empower vision-impaired individuals even more than accessibility features on the iPhone already have.