User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: AppleNova is now running Feed the Beast's Direwolf20 Modpack!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: AppleNova is now running Feed the Beast's Direwolf20 Modpack!
Page 12 of 14 First Previous 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14  Next Thread Tools
¡Damned!

2013-07-01, 20:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Someone refresh my memory – what's the last Tekkit world that we had?

There's no new loot with Tekkit, right? Just vanilla stuff with the ability to do some /command type things, yes? I get confused with Tekkit and Bukkit.

[edit]: was it the world that Brad transplanted the Museum into? Cactuar?

Holy shit do I miss the Museum. BRAD - I still need to talk to you sometime about getting all the worlds available for download. Someday I'll finish that thing, Creeper Kingdom as my witness.
Erm. Take that, reverse it.

What was the last Bukkit world...

Like I said. Confusing. Fucking hell.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2013-07-02, 08:35

Wednesday night would be the only day for me. Working Friday through Sunday before finally getting a break Monday and Tuesday.

Twelve 12 hour days outside out of a total of 14 days.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2013-07-02, 11:26

This weekend won't work for me (assuming my computer can even handle a vanilla world, though willing to try it!). I have a wedding to attend out of town. I could do tomorrow night, however.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
SpecMode
Wait what

2013-07-02, 11:50

Tomorrow night is workable for me. I'm not all that picky, really.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-07-02, 12:54

My weekend is also borked, but I could make time tomorrow night, like Spec and Rowdy and Ely.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-07-02, 21:07

So 1.6.1 is here!
Quote:
The Horse Update!

Important: In order to get this update, you need the new “Minecraft Launcher". Download it here: https://minecraft.net/download and replace the old launcher.

Changes in 1.6:

+ Added Horses
+ Added Donkeys, Mules
+ Added Horse Armor
+ Added Leads
+ Added Carpets
+ Added Hardened Clay, Stained Clay
+ Added Block of Coal
+ Added Name Tags (item)
+ Added Hay Bales
* Texture packs are now “resource packs" that also can hold sound etc
* Food meter is now drained when healed by full food meter
* You can’t destroy blocks with a sword in creative mode
- Removed Herobrine
I'm in the process of setting up a new world in a VM right now in hopes to have it done tonight.

Edit: VM with 1.6.1 is in and running. I'll make the switch from the FTB to the new world whenever it's what everyone wants. The new launcher is much like Tekkit/FTB in how it works. Very different from the base builds I've used in the past.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2013-07-02 at 21:31.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-07-02, 21:31

For a launch tomorrow night?

Will this be our "forever home"????!!!!

^

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-07-02, 21:40

It is ready for a launch tomorrow night. All I have to do is change the port forwarding in the router and we will be on the new server. I'm going to leave the FTB server running for the foreseeable future but it will be on the alternate port as it stands. At least as it is now since I've not gotten much feedback on this one yet.

As of now, at the right time I'll change to port forwarding in the router and the 25565 will move to the vanilla 1.6.1 MC server and the FTB will move to 25566.

I do have a few more tweaks to make but they are all backend stuff.

Also, I'm guessing we'll need to use basic texture packs until Brad can get some new ones made. That is well beyond me.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2013-07-02 at 21:54.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-07-02, 22:57

What time tomorrow night?

Will we be on the whitelist?

Trying to think of some other good questions...

¡Damned!

2013-07-03, 00:37

Yeesh, there's a bunch of new stuff introduced since we last played vanilla... imma have to brush up on the MC Wiki tomorrow.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-07-03, 01:07

HORSES!!!!??!!

Woah, this changes everyth... well, it's neat anyway.

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-07-03, 07:27

NOOOOOO..... Just as my internet is shut off and I do not have immediate time to get it started back up...
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-03, 09:45

I may or may not be able to join in tonight, but I'll know in a few hours and will get online to poke the server if I can.

I haven't make the time to keep my texture pack updated with all the recent 1.5 and 1.6 stuff, but I do plan on updating it this weekend! We'll just have to cruise with cruddy old vanilla textures for a few days.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2013-07-03, 09:46

What's the feeling on Large Biomes? Should we continue on with that option since this may be a longer(ish)-term world, or do you guys and gals think that it spreads everyone too far away from each other?

I could go either way. It's nice to have everyone somewhat close, and the large biomes do contribute to the spread of bases depending on who wants to build in what biome, but I suppose we could negate some of that with a proper Nether railway. On the other hand, the large biomes are kind've nice if you're a greedy sand-hoarder like myself ( ) or if someone wants a large tundra or jungle to set up shop in. Oceans get pretty damn big though.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-03, 10:13

I really wish there was a more variable setting for the size. Normal/small can sometimes be too small, but large is freakishly large. *shrug*

I personally would lean more towards going back to normal/small size.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-07-03, 10:36

I vote smaller too
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2013-07-03, 11:16

Smaller is probably for the better.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-07-03, 12:19

I loved the biome sizes in Loch Greene
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-07-03, 12:39

I will be contrary and vote large -- but we should make the town at the barrier between several different biomes...
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-03, 14:39

what is this i don't even

wait wait what's that over there

oh no i'm not here by myself

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-07-03, 14:42

Complaints about adding frivolous stuff rather than fixing bugs in 5...4...3...
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-07-03, 14:57

I will point out that the lighting bug isn't fixed yet.....
¡Damned!

2013-07-03, 15:03

I like that we have a few new blocks like redstone and coal storage. Neat looking, plus I've been screaming for a nice red block forever (though I thought it'd be ruby).

The colored clay blocks are a little muted in color, but I think I'm going to grow to like that.

I will miss the plethora of blocks from FTB though (especially the ability to saw them up). Even so, it's been so long since I've even poked my head into a vanilla MC world I find that I'm pretty excited to get back into it.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2013-07-03, 15:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I really wish there was a more variable setting for the size. Normal/small can sometimes be too small, but large is freakishly large. *shrug*
Me too. It would be nice if there was a "Medium" setting that made the biomes about 1/3rd as large as the Large setting. That would be about perfect imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
I loved the biome sizes in Loch Greene
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
I will be contrary and vote large -- but we should make the town at the barrier between several different biomes...
I really liked having our home-base on a plain or something easily cleared overlooking water, but I swear, every new world I create I'm dumped in a pine forest (occasionally Tiaga). Never anything else. Is that a default thing or am I just unlucky with World Seeds? Something like Brad's first horse picture would be nice, or maybe an Extreme Hills biome overlooking the ocean. The latter would make for some interesting city layout....

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-07-03, 16:35

Is it tonight that we're doing it???
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-03, 16:40

I've wandered around just a small bit in my test world, and there's a body of water nearby, some gentle hills/plains and a few spots of trees. Not too far away are desert and snow (of course they are adjacent, separated only by a river...).

Looks like a good seed to start with.

I'll be away for the next few few hours, but how does a grand launch party around say 9 or 10 PM EDT sound? Which time works best for the group?

¡Damned!

2013-07-03, 16:45

Either work for me. I'd prefer 9 since I can't hang too late tonight, but I'll go with whatever works best for everyone else.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-07-03, 16:45

Either is good for me!
SpecMode
Wait what

2013-07-03, 16:55

I'll be assertive and vote for 9pm (6pm Pacific)...that'll give us the most playing time before folks have to start heading for bed.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-03, 17:01

Three votes is enough for me. 9 PM Eastern, 6 PM Pacific it is!