Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Itunes help

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Itunes help
cyrusmekon

Send a message via AIM to cyrusmekon Send a message via Yahoo to cyrusmekon  
2004-08-06, 01:58

Hi there. This could be a very simple thing to get around i just have no idea how to. When i import cds into itunes no artwork is present. When i buy tunes from the store the album sleeve is loaded. Is there any way to get the album sleeves for all my albums into itunes? How do i go about this?

Any help would be appreciated.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-08-06, 02:30

If you import your own CDs, you'll have to add your own artwork to the new files because audio CDs don't include any sort of artwork on them.

There are tools that can help you, though. I've never used these, but a quick search turned up a few:

Fetch Art for iTunes 1.1.1
iTunesCool 1.8.3
MPFreaker 1.0b12

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
PowerBook

2004-08-07, 00:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusmekon
Hi there. This could be a very simple thing to get around i just have no idea how to. When i import cds into itunes no artwork is present. When i buy tunes from the store the album sleeve is loaded. Is there any way to get the album sleeves for all my albums into itunes? How do i go about this?

Any help would be appreciated.
Go to Amazon or some other place that may have the icon-sized artwork of your albums without artwork.

Control-click the artwork, and select "Copy Image to Clipboard".

Select the album (or make sure all of the songs are selected), go to Get Info, select the artwork space, and paste. This will make a check-mark when the action is completed.

If you want to paste in artwork to individual songs, go to Get Info, Artwork, select the artwork space, and paste.
cyrusmekon

Send a message via AIM to cyrusmekon Send a message via Yahoo to cyrusmekon  
2004-08-09, 05:23

Thanks for the suggestions. Went with the amazon route in the end. Simply selected the album and dragged and dropped the pic from amazon. No need to cut and paste etc. Only problem was my ipod loaded up all my songs again which took a while.

Thanks again.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-08-09, 17:55

It had to re load all your songs because the album cover is embedded in the AAC file (or Mp3, whatever your format is). So your iPod now has space taken up by something you'll never be able to view on it, unless a color screen iPod comes out (which I'm praying it won't...however, it seems likely eventually.)

Come waste your time with me
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2004-11-23, 23:09

Ahh, just found this thread via search.

I've used iTunesCool to download quite a bit of album artwork, it was well worth registering.