Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Most Amazing Substance On Earth: Cheese Dip

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Most Amazing Substance On Earth: Cheese Dip
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2005-01-18, 14:01

They need to go ahead and add this to the periodic table of elements. I've at least added it to the LoCash Periodic Table of Elements.

I'd never done the whole cheese dip thing until today, but let me tell you, it's been an adventures. I picked up the melted, creamy cheese around 1pm. I saw a ladel dump it into a styrofoam container, and a few drops had dripped onto the lid of said container. That cheese began to crust over and harden immediately, but when I got back to the office with the container, the cheese inside was still very much a liquid. (Maybe an ooze, really.)

Wow!

So I tried some of this. I rrequisitioned myself one tortilla chip and scooped up some cheese. To my surprise, I noticed a hidden plane of cheese was being scooped across with it. It's like if the cheese were part of earth, I had dipped into the Atlanta ocean and had begun to move North America with the nose of the chip. Not wanting that much cheese, I had to abort and start over, noting where North America now lay in my dippable cheese globe.

Later I got the courage to tackle a continent, and it just sort of layered around the chip like a teflon coating. In fact, I was able to dip a chip into North America and pull the chip out all without any trace of cheese residue on it. Fucking fantastic!

It's now about 2pm, and I've noticed that the entire surface of cheese has hardened up a little to create a sort of cheese globe crust. however, if I pierce this armor, I can get right back into the gooey goodness that was melted cheese. It's like the cheese is forming a protective armor around itself to protect the metaphorical cheesey meat within. It's truly an amazing substance, and one I'm proud to have on the LoCash Periodic Table of Elements.

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
¡Damned!

2005-01-18, 14:20

^

Poetic.

Now you've got me thinking how good some cheese-dip would be right now.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2005-01-18, 15:14

One of the craft service ladies in town used to make some cheese dip that was so good it was immediately renamed "crack dip". However, to the best of my memory, nobody ever wrote such an enthusiastic ode to cheesedip. Where'd you get it? Uncle Julio's? Nuevo Laredo? WENDY's?

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Crusader

Send a message via AIM to Crusader  
2005-01-18, 15:18

It's almost as good as marshmallow goo (The stuff that's made from actual marshmallows, not the fluff). That stuff hardens quickly... so fun to play with
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2005-01-18, 17:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops
One of the craft service ladies in town used to make some cheese dip that was so good it was immediately renamed "crack dip". However, to the best of my memory, nobody ever wrote such an enthusiastic ode to cheesedip. Where'd you get it? Uncle Julio's? Nuevo Laredo? WENDY's?
Actually, I just picked it up from Willy's, not necessarily my favourite. I have had cheese dip before, my favourite from Jalisco's over in Peachtree Battle, but I'd never had the idle mind to really explore it and become inspired by the dip until today.

on an aside, why does a "How much have you spent at the itms" thread come up as a similar one?

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
ohara
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-01-18, 17:13

cheese is the nastiest thing e'er - except when melted onto a sandwich
murbot
Hoonigan

2005-01-18, 17:15

Probably a discussion about cheesy music.
SonOfSylvanus
Fro Productions(tm)

2005-01-18, 17:18

You sound like you're still trolley'd.
Zodiac
Shiny, Musky, Fleshy Member

2005-01-18, 17:21

I like cheese in a can better.

If I have some, I'll squeeze the entire can into my mouth at once!
murbot
Hoonigan

2005-01-18, 17:35

I know girls like that. But with white liquid cheddar.

Warm.
Igorot Warrior

2005-01-18, 17:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohara
cheese is the nastiest thing e'er - except when melted onto a sandwich

Cheesy grits is one of the best comfort foods around....it rules!
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-01-19, 00:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot
I know girls like that. But with white liquid cheddar.

Warm.
Nice...

Girls. White. Liquid. Warm.

You, sir, are a genius...