User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

iMovie 08 Transition Question

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iMovie 08 Transition Question
ayemac

2008-07-10, 14:21

I need to be able to create a longer "black out" period at the end of one song and the beginning of the next.

What I'm doing is placing three songs on one project with pictures to each song. I have the simple cross dissolve between all with a fade to black at the beginning and end of the first song.

So when the first song ends and the music fades, the last picture transitions to a black screen. Initially that black out was 1.5 seconds. I increase the duration, but it cuts into the last picture. I can adjust the duration of that picture, but it still doesn't resolve the issue.

The issue is that the first picture of the second song comes up for about 1.5 seconds before the music starts. I can move the music to the end, but it still does the same thing. I'd like to sync the music of the second song with the first picture of that set.

Hopefully that makes sense. Please advise.

On a related note, is there a way to allow the music to fade longer than the manual one (or two, I can't remember) second? That's still a little abrupt for me. I used to be able to fade longer (say, three seconds) and place a longer black out duration between songs on iMovie 06. I know, I know - go back to 06; it has more flexibility anyway. I've already heard that and am looking for options in 08.

Thanks in advance.