Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

iSkin evo2 - Yuck!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iSkin evo2 - Yuck!
ghoti
owner for sale by house

2005-07-01, 06:12

When I ordered my iPod, I ordered an Incase neoprene case with it, just so that it wouldn't get scratched beyond recognition from living in my bag. It's actually quite nice, the only problem is that it covers the hold switch, and that I wanted something even thinner.

So yesterday, I came across an iSkin evo2 in a shop, and bought it. I had done a little websurfing before on cases, and the evo had gotten some very good reviews. So I was really disappointed when I got it out of its packaging and started stuffing my iPod into it. The evo may fit like a glove, but it also feels that way. Maybe I just have the wrong fetishes, but I'm not going to use an iPod that feels like a rubber glove. It also looks like a small animal already (another fetish?), because it seems to be sucking up all of our dog's hairs ...

The belt clip is also a joke. It's huge and makes all kinds of weird noises when I rotate it, and still it looks like it's going to break any time. The Incase one is much less intrusive (you don't notice it at all when you hold it in your hand), and it feels much more reliable.

For what it is (a molded piece of silicone), it's also way too expensive. Yes, it's my own fault for buying it, but I really had expected more from it.

So this'll teach me to buy stuff without trying it out at the shop. But I thought I'd post this so that people pondering buying an iSkin at least give it another thought (and I can really recommend the Incase ... I really love it now ).

Last edited by ghoti : 2005-07-01 at 06:18.