User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Creative Endeavors »

PCT: Refractions & Reflections (August 2010)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
PCT: Refractions & Reflections (August 2010)
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2010-08-31, 20:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I lurve pictures like these with well-framed reflections and mind-bending refractions, but I couldn't set up a good shot to save my life. As much as I'd like to contribute, I'll be sitting this competition out.

The best loosely-related alternative I could offer up is a crop of a 3D scene I'm working on again recently (after having started it and put it off for a few months), in which I'm trying to get some transparent and slightly reflective materials to bounce light correctly.

LURVE

Totally loving the Ice Rod.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2010-08-31, 21:23

Drat!!! Totally didn't think about it. I'll see what I can come up with in the time left. If I miss it, it'll be two challenges missed in a row.

Edit: Nothing like what I wanted to get done and it only served to show my dirty sensor.

Not sure why the image isn't showing:
http://kellyent.dyndns.org/an/IMG_3399.png

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2010-08-31 at 22:07.
Gargoyle
http://ga.rgoyle.com

2010-09-01, 16:42

OK, so bit later than I planned due to a hectic day, but here we go... drumroll please....

... and the winner is ... (Dramatic pause, for effect) ...

julesstoop for this entry. Loving the colours and the ghostly figure - You also managed to kind of bend time too! Brilliant!

After you posted the photo of that "black" bowl, I was hoping for something else from you, and you didn't let me down.

And an honourable mention has to goto PB PM. My eye keeps getting drawn to the moon and its reflection right in-between those two red dots!

Onward with September then J.

OK, I have given up keeping this sig up to date. Lets just say I'm the guy that installs every latest version as soon as its available!
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2010-09-01, 17:01

Congrats julesstoop, that is a great image.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2010-09-01, 23:30

Yes, Congrats to you! I really liked it as well.

I even almost feel bad for what I submitted. I was planning to do a bubble on a plant outside but it never happened.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
julesstoop
Veteran Member

2010-09-02, 11:23

Thanks Paul, guys! I'm honored!
I even sort off doubted if I'd place this picture, since it's relation to the subject is of a philosophical nature, and not really literal. So I'm pleasantly surprised you got it Never underestimate AppleNovans!

I'll come up with a new challenge this weekend.

A black hole is where god divided by zero.
http://settuno.com/
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2010-09-11, 18:39

Jules?

Should we have PB PM come up with a topic?
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2010-09-12, 18:37

Give Jules a few more days, and we'll go from there. I was kind of surprised to come back from my trip and not see a new topic.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2010-09-12, 19:47

Has anyone PM'ed him yet? He's been on the board since being picked. I'm guessing he just forgot about it.
billybobsky
BANNED

2010-09-14, 20:49

Alright, I shot him a PM, and haven't heard back (he was last on this site on Sat...)... Its been almost two weeks, so PB PM, you up for coming up with a challenge?
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

Send a message via AIM to evan  
2010-09-14, 23:23

holy crap it's been 2 weeks. SLOW DOWN SEPTEMBER
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2010-09-15, 02:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
Alright, I shot him a PM, and haven't heard back (he was last on this site on Sat...)... Its been almost two weeks, so PB PM, you up for coming up with a challenge?
I have a few ideas, so I can put something together tomorrow.
Chinney
Veteran Member

2010-09-19, 14:27

I know that it is too late to actually enter the contest, but as I posted earlier, I did take a photo for it that I had intended to enter, if I had gotten myself together in time. For what it is worth, here it is:

I called it "cottage life" on my flickr page. It's a pic from a summer evening at our cabin in Quebec.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.
billybobsky
BANNED

2010-09-19, 15:46

stalky stalker father.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2010-09-19, 19:34

I rather like that one. It took me a second to figure out what the woman was doing at the coffee table.
Chinney
Veteran Member

2010-09-20, 07:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472 View Post
I rather like that one. It took me a second to figure out what the woman was doing at the coffee table.
Ha. "The woman". It is hard for me to get used to her being called a "woman", since she is my daughter. She is now 14, but she is taller than my wife. They grow up so fast. Anyways, she is working on a puzzle. My other daughter, 16, is playing her violin. Her boyfriend (also a difficult concept, but I am getting used to it), is doing the dishes at the sink (at least he is doing the dishes). Just out of the picture is my wife, sitting at a couch just past the left side of the picture frame.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2010-09-20, 11:57

Who's the old man reflected in the window?

I like it, Chinney.

Congrats to julesstoop for winning the comp (not so much for then disappearing! ).