Apple Watch

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple Watch
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2017-09-12, 12:37

Watch OS 4
  • Improvements to heart rate app, including new measurements (resting heart rate, recovery heart rate), showing it on the main screen
  • Will tell you if you get an elevated heart rate but you don't seem active
  • Can spot atrial fibrillation and notify users - working with Stanford and the FDA
  • Sep 19th

New Apple Watch
  • Series 3 has cellular built-in!
  • Receive call with just the watch and use Siri, same number as your iPhone
  • Apple Music integration for music on the go
  • New dual-core processor, up to 70% better performance, faster Wifi and more power-efficient on bluetooth and wifi
  • biggest challenge was adding cellular because the watch was already packed full
  • $329 or $399 with cellular
  • Sep 15th order and out Sep 22

Fun facts: Apple Watch is the most-used heartrate monitor in the world.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-09-12, 14:15

I'm looking to get this upgrade. I'm still using my 1st Gen one and love it. Every day I wear it and use it.

Cellular is the big feature for me. I'm loving the idea of leaving my phone behind. I'm guessing Verizon will be happy to take another $10 a month from me too, assuming they charge the same price as a tablet.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
ronmexico

2017-09-12, 19:56

I still use my first edition watch. I give it a C+. My biggest gripe is battery life. If it isn't charged at night, it is unusable the next day. I don't use apps, disabled most notifications, and never use my heart monitor. I was hoping that by the third generation they would have more competitive battery. Garmin has watches that last a week with GPS, heart monitors, sleep monitors, ect. I am a bit disappointed that Apple is focused more on gimmicky features than addressing basic functionality.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2018-06-03, 18:11

Has anyone noticed that when the Apple Watch is charging, if it walk up to it the display lights up? How does this happen?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2018-06-04, 08:13

Yes, it is because the motion sensor in the Watch is sensitive enough that movement of the floor can trigger that "Night stand" mode or whatever it is called. At night if you tap on the night stand it will light up and show you the time and charge level.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2018-06-04, 13:30

I absolutely LOVE my Apple Watch, buuuuuut......the updates take so long! It drives me insane. I believe the newest update was 4.3.1 and it took 1:20+ to download and update. It drives me crazy.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2018-06-04, 14:48

Yeah, I've never been a fan of how long that takes. It really sucks because you get warned not to switch Watches while one is updating.

If you wait a week or so to update it goes by much faster. At least it seems that way to me.