User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.
Page 7 of 28 First Previous 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11  Next Last Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-05-07, 17:45

Space needle close to the lighthouse might make it really look small. That's my only input.
¡Damned!

2012-05-07, 19:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
Either spot works fine. Do note that the vacation home will be taller...
The vacation home will be tiered, correct? And 3 levels? I remember us chatting about it in-game, but maybe didn't retain the specifics.

I did a 'tard tower test, and location 1 would indeed be better. It has a good view of downtown plus the river town district and the lighthouse.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-05-13, 14:48

Couldn't sleep this morning, so I built a little jungle temple out here.

Be careful: it's not fully illuminated and can be quite dangerous at night.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2012-05-13, 15:29

Could I build something on Alley Way, where Tunnel Lane pops out? Right now there's just a bunch of sand, and small pool and an oasis-type thing.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-05-13, 19:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Be careful: it's not fully illuminated and can be quite dangerous at night.
This turned out better than I'd expected! The temple is dark by design; you must bring weapons and supplies if you plan to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
Could I build something on Alley Way, where Tunnel Lane pops out? Right now there's just a bunch of sand, and small pool and an oasis-type thing.
Ely's Desert Oasis is a desert preservation. He was the first to settle in the desert and claimed that neat overhang area. That said, it might be fine for you to build on the west side of Tunnel Lane across from his oasis. Were you planning to build on the north or south side of the tunnel? I think the whole north end, around the Mario Street intersection, is free for taking. We need northward expansion anyway, so that might work out nicely.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2012-05-13, 20:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
Quote:
Ely's Desert Oasis is a desert preservation. He was the first to settle in the desert and claimed that neat overhang area. That said, it might be fine for you to build on the west side of Tunnel Lane across from his oasis. Were you planning to build on the north or south side of the tunnel? I think the whole north end, around the Mario Street intersection, is free for taking. We need northward expansion anyway, so that might work out nicely.
Actually the spot he picked out is to the north of my place and just east of Dellphi's. I assume the oasis he is talking about is the well there. So no objections from me on for that area.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
¡Damned!

2012-05-13, 21:35

Quote:
This turned out better than I'd expected!
It's really really cool Brad. Nicely done from tip to toe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
Actually the spot he picked out is to the north of my place and just east of Dellphi's. I assume the oasis he is talking about is the well there. So no objections from me on for that area.
I guess the only thing we haven't discussed is whether to leave the natural wells. Since there's another one so close and its been enshrined in Brad's park I'd be OK with Kraetos removing the "oasis" one if he needed to.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-05-14, 08:09

Ah, I see! Yeah, using that are is totally fine by me. Build away!
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2012-05-14, 10:04

I marked off the area I want to build in. I would probably replace the surrounding sand with grass and landscape it. It seems to be about the same size as other projects in town.
delphi

2012-05-14, 12:10

Kraetos, if you wish, you can build all the way next to my building. I was doing some terafroming just for fun. I have no plans for that grass area.
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2012-05-14, 17:21

Thanks! I'm probably going to put some sort of garden there.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-05-19, 22:43

Cactuar is in desperate need of some eateries. One has just been constructed here.
¡Damned!

2012-05-25, 23:59

So, this a tad premature, but I'd like to claim this strip if nobody minds:

I'll just be building a path with lighting, basically. And some small stuff.

But I plan on asking for a certain thing (not my own) once it's in place.

So it goes.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

2012-06-07, 19:10

Considering I've been missing for long stretches of time due to real life projects I figured I'd layout my project areas/claims outside of the oasis in town.

Wide angle shot of all three areas (click for bigger):

Area 1: Ely's winter home

Yes the whole damn island. This one has been well established for a while now. There are a number of caves that I torched below that extend into the SW corner of the box. Be careful mining in that direction as I haven't pulled the resources yet.

Area 2: Future site of the Rink of Pain

Yes, the Rink of Pain will make it's appearance in this area. The rink is marked by tard towers and the boundaries of the claim have been torched. They're quite extensive so be careful if you want to build out there.

Area 3: Sekrit Base

Super top secret base to be built on this island. The edges of the island have been marked with torches.

censeo tentatio victum

Last edited by Elysium : 2012-06-08 at 08:38.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-06-07, 20:36

I pitched a claim down near Brad's Fort Knox. It's currently marked with gravel.

There's two little shacks near the plot. One (the Lumberjack Shack) is mine, but there's another with a little mine underneath that hasn't changed in ages. Does it's owner still have plans for it?

I can live if the claim is still current, but I'd love to extend to the water's edge there.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-06-07, 20:49

I think that one is mine. No plans for it. Was just a resource mine.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-06-08, 02:48

I wish I had time to play...
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2012-06-08, 05:41

Same. I may have some time during this next week.
¡Damned!

2012-06-09, 15:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
Area 3: Sekrit Base

Super top secret base to be built on this island. The edges of the island have been marked with torches.
Aha! That was you.

13topia is going to be out in the water a little NW of there (look for the corner blip on the overhead map), so all I ask is that you don't build out into the water - at least not on the NW side.

So it goes.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

2012-06-09, 17:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Aha! That was you.

13topia is going to be out in the water a little NW of there (look for the corner blip on the overhead map), so all I ask is that you don't build out into the water - at least not on the NW side.
No worries about that. Topside will likely have no immediately visible structures, but some creative terraforming. Pretty much all the work will be on the the southeast and east ends.

Any mining, if at all, will be confined to the island footprint.

censeo tentatio victum
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-06-09, 19:22

709's, Ely's, and Bry's claims all look fine by me. Go build!

Meanwhile, I've started constructing a small chain of islands out here:

I've already connected to one island by way of a nether portal, but I would discourage visiting until construction is complete.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-06-09, 19:32

Quote:
I wish I had time to play...
Would you object to me* mirror-copying the walls and ceiling of your residence in town to bring it to a closer stage of completion? It would be a shame for Cactuar to have its own Ryugyong Hotel**.

* I won't touch it unless you give your blessing.

** Though I have actually considered building Ryugyong.

billybobsky
BANNED

2012-06-10, 02:00

Go ahead brad... but take great care...
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-06-10, 12:04

Quote:
Go ahead brad... but take great care...
Done. Ta-da!

All appeared to work out perfectly except for the narrow stairwell inside the front wall. I tried to fix it, but you may want to take a look at that when you get a chance.

billybobsky
BANNED

2012-06-10, 17:17

Nicely done only a couple of items needed fixing and then a creeper went and blew up a staircase... but other than that....
¡Damned!

2012-06-17, 22:34

Since this has to do mostly with land claims I thought it best here.

In burrowing out the bottom level of the museum I find myself with 37 metric shit-tons of dirt on my hands - and a lot more to come. So, my first order of business when I get back in town later this week is to terraform Cactuar like a motherformer.

There are a handful of places that I know not to touch, like Ely's oasis, RS's hill & Cactuar park, but I just want to put this out here now in case anyone likes sand around their build (like I do around slanthaus).

Main areas that I think are safe are N of the park next to the Station all the way W to Dellphi, and the strip in front of Dellphi (which, honestly, I'd like to remove that path S of Alley Way that makes it a skinny rectangle).

Areas I'm not too sure about are the strip between Dellphi's and Brad's houses (the one going past SpecMode's) and the base of Jack's mountain.

Any qualms about me doing that? The overhead map is kind of bugging me.

So it goes.
delphi

2012-06-18, 11:45

Sounds like a good plan to me.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-06-18, 12:24

Fine by me!

Do note, however, that the little farm and house immediately north of my old house belong to Kraetos, but he hasn't been online in a while and I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

billybobsky
BANNED

2012-06-18, 13:27

I 'own' the patch with the Enigma fountain... feel free to modify up to RS's hill...
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2012-06-19, 02:42

I know I've not been able to get on much recently, but I do have plans for all of my area yet. I just need things to stop breaking.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards