User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Leopard not remembering where I was in folders

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Leopard not remembering where I was in folders
NeverFade

2007-12-10, 17:56

That's the one thing that really upsets me about Leopard that totally worked fine in Tiger that I miss so much, is the 'Last folder that I was in' memory, ( for the lack of the proper terminology ) I work with many files on a daily basis - importing, placing images, etc. When I used to be in the dialogue box, I would go under the pull down list of folders, and there would be a list of recently used folders there - now, there's nothing, and it really slows me down because I have to relocate where I am every single time that I was to place and image or something along those lines. This really needs to be fixed for me. I feel like I am using Mac 8.0 when there wasn't a recent folder there... argh!

Mainly I am using Adobe Illustrator CS 2... anyone else notice this as well?
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2007-12-10, 20:42

I got the "recents folders". Sorry...

Last edited by dmegatool : 2007-12-10 at 21:50. Reason: typo
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2007-12-10, 21:52

Check your preferences, there are settings which decide if folders are remembered or not, although I cannot remember which panel it is under and cannot check since I'm using XP right now.
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2007-12-10, 22:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
I'm using XP right now.
What !?!?!?!?

No serious I can't find a pref pane option with that... sorry I couldn't help more then "I got them!"
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2007-12-10, 22:57

Its under the appearances preference panel, I'm sure, at least it was with Tiger.
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2007-12-10, 23:11

There's indeed some options there. There's number of recent: apps, folder, docs. Mine are set to 10 but only 5 show up in a dialog box
NeverFade

2007-12-12, 18:50

yeah, it still doesn't do it though.

What it's showing in the drop down menu is RECENT PLACES, and in that preference panel, there is no place for recent places... and it still does not remember the folder where I am retrieving images from, which is really frustrating. For instance, in Tiger, if I am working with a file, and I want to place an image for the first time, I select PLACE, then in the finder window that pops up I find the folder that has the image inside, and I click that image. Okay, so we're good so far. ( and again, let's just say that was my first time in that particular folder ) Now, if I want another image, I select place and *wolla* that folder that I got the other image from now appears in my drop down list of folders.... In Leopard, this doesn't do this for me at all. Not on my work machine, nor on my home machine. Everytime I want to place an image, I have to re-search for the same damn folder i was in just a minute ago!!! argh....
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2007-12-12, 19:49

So your recent folders don't show up in the Go Menu in Finder?
NeverFade

2007-12-13, 10:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
So your recent folders don't show up in the Go Menu in Finder?
Yes, It does, but it doesn't show this in my application, like it used to.

My scenerio, which I didn't specify in my above rant, was when I am wroknig within Adobe Illustrator, or Photoshop ( however, I am sure InDesign and any other app would be the same as well... )
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2007-12-13, 12:26

If that is the case, its an Adobe problem. IIRC there are some Leopard issues with a number of Adobe products.