User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Where to find replacement LCD Panels?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Where to find replacement LCD Panels?
Doramius

2008-03-28, 17:49

Is there a hidden warehouse that Apple has?

I've had a 23" HD Cinema Display (ADC style) for quite a few years. I was recently given a 22" Cinema Display (also ADC), but the screen looked like it was shot with a BB gun.

I can find the replacement panel for my monitor fine, but I don't need a replacement for the 23". I need a replacement for the 22" and that's been a total disappointment. The LM220W1 A2MN exists, but nobody has it, or they want you to buy 3. It's like there's a hidden warehouse and they only sell to repair shops who will charge twice the co$t to replace something where I can buy 3 of for $500. If I got all 3, who would I sell it to?

I went to a couple of places that will sell a working pull in good condition for $150, but require a minimum purchase of $300. and they only have 1 in stock. What else am I going to buy from them?

Anyone know where I can find such a part, or is there an Apple place to get this part that I don't know of?

And these same places have my replacement panel (LM230W01 A2 P3) for about the same price, so I have lightly contemplated getting a replacement screen for that unit, just so I have spare parts.....but WHY? Maybe hold onto it, just in case I can sell it?

Sorry for the rant, but it's been a long 5 weeks looking for this thing and my sources are dry. Thanks for any help in advance.
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2008-03-28, 18:48

Maybe just try selling the 22 for spares on eBay and hope that someone takes it - the stupid screens seem like golddust for some reason anyway!
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-03-28, 19:00

Yeah, these days $150 will get you almost all the way to a 22" LCD anyway, and it'll be a monitor that can be used on more than a handful of older Power Macs. Not to mention it'll be some 7 or 8 years newer, thus giving you a far superior picture quality compared to such an old LCD.

I wouldn't put much time or effort into fixing the thing. Just eBay it - someone out there will find some use for it.