AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

iPhone 3.1 beta released

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPhone 3.1 beta released
Justin

2009-06-30, 22:33

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/06...voice-control/

Quote:
* Non-destructive video editing means trimming a clip no longer saves over the original video but gives you the option to “Save as copy…”
* Voice Control now works over Bluetooth
* iPhone vibrates when moving icons
* Updated AT&T profile to 4.2
* Updated modem firmware to 5.08.01

I got my MMS icon back, but still doesn't work on att yet.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-06-30, 22:51

That's great about the non-destructive video editing. I was kinda worried about that because I could see where that might present a problem:

You record some stuff with the plan of importing it into your Mac later on to "sweeten" in iMovie, right? But, at the time you record, you'd like to send out a quick "teaser" or a few highlights to friends, as the event is happening. How could you do both with the 3.0 software, because (I assume) when you trim that clip, those edited-out parts are gone forever (and you can't import all the footage into your Mac).

This solves that problem, it sounds like.

Is that "94%" battery indicator part of the 3.0 software, or only on the iPhone 3GS?
Justin

2009-06-30, 22:59

Yeah, it definitely solves that issue. You could also make like 3 small clips from one long cliip now where as before as soon as you made one edit everything else was lost.

The battery % is only on the 3GS, don't ask me why they couldn't have enabled that on the 1st and 2nd gen???
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2009-06-30, 23:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Is that "94%" battery indicator part of the 3.0 software, or only on the iPhone 3GS?
Just 3GS, it's under settings -> usage.
MBHockey
skates=grafs

2009-07-01, 06:08

Awesome! I've read that you can invoke voice control without having to touch the phone at all, right from a bluetooth headset.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2009-07-01, 07:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej View Post
Just 3GS, it's under settings -> usage.
It's actually Settings -> General -> Usage, but thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2009-07-01, 10:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinMacFiend View Post
It's actually Settings -> General -> Usage, but thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.
Whoops! Forgot that little step in between.
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2009-07-01, 11:35

sweet...

when will it be up for the public?

and thanks for the battery info...i obviously need to play with my phone more

g
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2009-07-01, 11:58

Hopefully they'll fix the annoying email glitch with this one.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2009-07-01, 12:30

What annoying email glitch?
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2009-07-01, 12:39

I just wish they'd add the battery display to the iPod touch. I don't understand why they only think it's important to people with iPhones. If they'd do that, I'd be very happy with 3.1.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2009-07-01, 13:12

I hope it'll fix the WiFi range on the Touch. 3.0 nerfed it, I used to get a full 3 signal bars in my bedroom on the other end of the house, now I only get 2 or 1, and it sometimes drops connection entirely.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2009-07-01, 14:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinMacFiend View Post
What annoying email glitch?
I mentioned it in the 3.0 thread and Kieran had agreed with me, but whenever I go to my email when I get a new one, it doesn't start where I left off, it starts where my last batch of received emails began, if that makes any sense.

Say I wake up and received 10 emails over night and I go through them and then an hour later look at my phone and have 5 more unread, it'll start at the beginning of the 10 emails instead of where I left off.

It never did that before until I upgraded to 3.0.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2009-07-01, 14:45

I've noticed the iPhone's email program doesn't remember where I was last like it used to. For example, every time I open email, it goes into the in box of my first email address. I navigate to the beginning which shows both email accounts on the phone. Pre-iOS 3.0, the next time I would start up email, it would start where I left off, but now I'm back in the in box.

So I guess I've been getting something similar. Sounds like a preference file got screwed up or something.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2009-07-01, 14:51

Yeah, I'm not sure what it is and I'm guessing it's an easy fix. It just started with 3.0.

I'm hoping 3.1 fixes it. It's not a big deal, but it's kind of annoying if you have to cycle through a bunch of emails.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2009-07-01, 15:05

I hope that the email bug is fixed as well. It's really starting to get annoying.

It's definitely a 3.0 bug. I thought it was a result of my jailbreaking, but once Yontsey brought it up, I figured it was 3.0 related.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
Justin

2009-07-01, 15:59

I never really noticed this, but I decided to test it on 3.1. I went into one of my inboxes scrolled down about 20 messages and then hit the home key. I then locked the phone and sent myself an email to that same account. When I went back in I started from where I left off and had to scroll up to see the new message.

I then tried the same thing, but going to another email account and scrolling down and sending an email to the same one (not the email I left it in) and it went in fine, had to go back to the main mail screen and then go into the account that got the email pushed to it.

So from it seems this is fixed.