AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

EyeTV 2.3: Now with FrontRow support!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
EyeTV 2.3: Now with FrontRow support!
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-07-26, 16:50

Wow. I've been waiting for this to happen. The latest update apparently adds an EyeTV menu to FrontRow including live tv, programs, recordings, etc. And it all works with the Apple remote.

FrontRow is now a viable media center solution. I didn't even know that it could have add-ons such as El Gato just did.

This made me very happy.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-07-26, 16:53

Front Row can't handle add-ons; they're probably hacking it in (using an InputManager/SIMBL plug-in, perhaps).
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-07-26, 17:12

Awesome.

I don't have a good reason to get a Mac mini, but I really want one (yes, Luca, I'm definitely a "gotta-catch-em-all" kinda guy). So I decided that if I ever had $500 to waste, I would put one in my living room to be a "media center." But then I realized I wanted to put a iMac G4 on my coffee table to be a public media center, too.

But...the iMac G4 isn't very powerful...maybe I'll have the Mac mini be my "media server" and the iMac G4 could be my "public terminal." Yeah, that would work.

Ahh, screw it. I'm opening up an Apple Museum.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
macleod
Now in lower-case™!

2006-07-26, 22:37

I just got my new EyeTV Elgato 250 and I installed the new version of EyeTV. The Front Row integration is so useful and an incredible new feature. I love this thing. Can't wait to use it with my cable at school. You can hit one button on the remote and it switches to Front Row with the Program Guide. You can select the channel you want and the show and either schedule a record or just tell it to tune to that station and it goes into it full screen. Scrolling through recordings via Front Row will also be a great feature. I will report back as I continue to use it.
hotch

2006-07-27, 10:34

I got this set up last night on my iSight iMac (that serves only as my media center)... it's slick!
MacConvert

2006-07-27, 16:42

Since it is EyeTV that is updated, this should also effect the Miglia prodicts that use this same software, right?

I am looking at a Miglia that will fit perfectly under a mini and miniStack as a media center.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2006-07-27, 17:25

Can someone explain to me why this is considered an add-on? It's not an add-on. It's a way to launch Front Row from a menu rather than directly from the desktop.

It looks nice and everything, but it's not really an add-on for Front Row. It's just a new menu option in EyeTV

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317
Reid

2006-08-10, 22:04

So, do you mean that this new EyeTV version has a way of launching Front Row, rather than Front Row having a way to launch EyeTV? I'm a little confused as to how this works. Can you launch and control EyeTV using just the Apple Remote from across a room? Can anyone post screenshots?

And has anybody had experience using a Slingbox with the Mac yet? I want to add TV capabilities to my iMac, and I am debating whether or not to get an EyeTV or a Slingbox. (Since I'm never in two different rooms at the same time, I could hook the Sling up to my living room DVR, and watch TV on the iMac in my bedroom, with the added bonus of being able to goof off over lunch at work...)
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-08-11, 00:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcgriz
Can someone explain to me why this is considered an add-on? It's not an add-on. It's a way to launch Front Row from a menu rather than directly from the desktop.

It looks nice and everything, but it's not really an add-on for Front Row. It's just a new menu option in EyeTV

Correct. I'm disappointed.