User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Damn, wrong address! Please Help.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Damn, wrong address! Please Help.
BlueApple

2007-11-05, 03:30

I ordered a new MacBook Pro a few days ago, and I just found out that the shipping address is wrong! It's my old address. I don't know what went wrong during the order process, my billing address was correct, the shipping address was wrong. I ordered the Leopard last time, the shipping address was right, so don't know what happened!

I have the FedEx tracking number, do you think the apple representitives can call the FedEx guys and re-send it to my current address? It's still on its way, not delivered yet.

Has this happened to anyone before?

The office is currently close, I'll have to wait up at 5 to call Apple again.

Damn.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-11-05, 03:50

Did you order via credit card? Does your CC company have the up-to-date info?
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2007-11-05, 04:06

From the Apple Terms and Conditions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple
Please note that Apple is not able to adjust the shipping address once a package has left Apple's warehouse. Title and risk of loss to all products will pass to you on delivery.
So its not Apple's once it leaves them but its not yours until it gets to you. So at the moment the ball is in Fed-Ex's court. You could try and phone them and get some help? Or, at the worst, call your old home's new inhabitants and offer them a bottle of wine to sign for it and go and pick it up, or pay them muchos to forward it to you - if they are trustworthy of course

Then again, the other address owners may say you don't live here, and then:

Quote:
Occasionally packages are returned to Apple as undeliverable. When the carrier returns an undeliverable package to Apple, please contact Apple to make arrangements for reshipment.
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2007-11-05, 07:55

It happened to me but it was with UPS. I sent a email to UPS and they told me that they couldn't change the adresse because the package was already gone. It sounds like if it wasn't they would change it no problem.

They told me that they will make a delivery attempt and only after that, I could contact them to change the adresse and get it delivered to my correct addresse.

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."
BlueApple

2007-11-05, 08:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
Did you order via credit card? Does your CC company have the up-to-date info?
That's the problem, I updated my billing address, but not the shipping address.
BlueApple

2007-11-05, 08:31

Just called Apple, they said they are going to send a note to FedEx and try to re-route to my current address. It will take 24 to 48 hours to process. So I can only hope for the best...

They said if I couldn't receive it, I should call them back.

How can they even allow the billing address and shipping address to be different in the first place!
jcoley2
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to jcoley2  
2007-11-05, 08:32

This may sound stupid, but can't you just use your tracking number and then know when it is going to be delivered, then either (1) camp out at your old address or better yet (2) go to the UPS Center on the morning of delivery and get it before the process it and load it on a track?

Now that I got a job, I can buy more Apple products!
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2007-11-05, 08:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueApple View Post
How can they even allow the billing address and shipping address to be different in the first place!
Because people may be ordering something and shipping it to a friend, or they may be living different from where their old address was because of work or college or some other reason. For example, my billing address is in Florida because that's my legal residence, but my shipping address is in NJ because I'm in college here- and I can't change my billing address to a dorm room (not a street address) and I wouldn't want to since my dorm changes every year. If billing addresses and shipping addresses had to be the same constantly, then if you were anywhere else for a month or two and wanted to order something you'd be screwed.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
ghoti
owner for sale by house

2007-11-05, 09:35

If the two addresses had to be the same, there would be no point in having to separate ones! Lots of people also have stuff shipped to their offices because there's nobody at home during the day to sign/take the package inside so it won't sit there the whole day.

I would try to contact the people who live at your old address to tell them that a delivery will be coming and that they should tell the delivery guy to take it back to the depot to have it rerouted. Because if they refuse it, it'll probably be sent back to Apple right away. And you obviously don't want them to accept it
Echo259

2007-11-05, 10:13

I had a problem like this once before. My story was the same as all the others. Once you contact Apple and Fedex there's really nothing else you can do. (since the package is in transit). It took a few days longer for the package to get to me but everything was ok. Hopefully it all works out. Best of luck.
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2007-11-05, 10:17

When the package gets to the local FedEx distribution center, before it gets put on the truck, call the distribution center and ask them to hold the package there to be picked up in person and explain the situation. You might have to produce some stuff proving that the package is yours, but it should work. I've done this with packages from FedEx before.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter
BlueApple

2007-11-05, 17:36

My shipping address (the wrong one), is in Pullman, that's where the package is going. I'm living in Seattle now, that's 5 hours away from Pullman, so I can't go to the local FedEx store and pick it up.

I see that there is no activity going on right now via the tracking system, maybe they have received the notice from Apple, and preparing to re-route.

If that's the case, that would be good news.
MBHockey
skates=grafs

2007-11-05, 20:08

Yeah, what jdcfsu said. As soon as you see that it's in your local fedex facility, CALL THEM! You can just pick it up from the depot, but bring your tracking # and a picture ID.