AppleNova Forums » Creative Endeavors »

Photo Challenge Thread (PCT): Show Me Your Neighbourhood

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Photo Challenge Thread (PCT): Show Me Your Neighbourhood
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
Chinney
Veteran Member

2011-09-24, 08:53

You have this weekend to get your shot in.
Chinney
Veteran Member

2011-09-25, 13:41

Trying one more time - the last time I suppose - to see if we can get more photos submitted this month.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-09-25, 16:11

i really would have submitted an entry but i've been carrying an umbrella for two months...
Chinney
Veteran Member

2011-09-25, 19:04

I love rainy shots.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-09-25, 19:28

I totally forgot about this again. Hmm... I'll see if I can find something.
Chinney
Veteran Member

2011-09-27, 06:42

The results are being carefully tabulated.
Chinney
Veteran Member

2011-09-27, 19:43

Thanks for the entries this month. After consideration, I am going to award this month's title to AWR. Although the photo may initially appear ordinary, something about his shot grew on me as an illustration of the underlying theme that I set for the photo contest. The picture makes me feel that I am in the neighbourhood. Also, upon closer examination, I quite like the photographic qualities of the pic - the strong geometric themes, the skewed horizon, and the long shadows offsetting what might otherwise just be a sweet picture of kids playing. There is an unusual quality in the final effect which leaves me feeling a little off-balanced, but curious: not so much a feeling of there being "something wrong", but there being "something more".

I would award a strong second place to GSpotter's photo, which certainly stretched the theme to its limit, but made me laugh in doing that and made me think about the concept of "neighbourhood". It is a stunningly beautiful picture to boot.

I like the other entries as well. I hope that we can keep this contest going and can expand participation.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.
AWR
Veteran Member

2011-09-28, 08:26

Thank you for the kind words, Chinney. I too wish there were more entries to judge from, but also know firsthand how the seemingly simple pleasure of chasing a theme can turn into a task that gets demoted on the To Do list. I thought the subject was great, not out of the way, and I was looking forward to seeing some AN neighborhoods. That said, let's give it another twirl.

I will give the next PCT topic some thought and hopefully have something up by the end of the week.

To all entrants, everybody's a winner!