User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

itunes... problems

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
itunes... problems
Hanah0522

2007-06-09, 21:31

ok so i dont have a Apple computer i have a dell and windows but i need help. I dont know all the RAM and stuff but i dont think i need it for this question.

ok so when i open up my itunes and plug in my ipod it will download like 5 songs (i have about 2000, and i have a 30g ipod) and then a error box will come up and say that it cant copy the disk to my ipod... then it goes on to say "itunes could not save to your music folder because you do not have write access. Check the permissions on your music folder adn folders in your music folder, then try coping the file again."

Now i just recently installed Windows Vista and when ever i go to up load music to my Ipod a pop up come on and says that im missing the driver Sonic Solutions DLA... haha i dont know what that is but i clicked on the help button and it doesnt do anything.

I dont know how to check the permissions and i dont know anything about the driver??

I know this is an APPLE fourm but i dont know where else to go, i tried Itunes but there was no help. If you can please help me thanks if not can you please at least tell me where i can find help?
Quicksilver

2007-06-10, 04:35

If you don't get an answer here try this. http://discussions.apple.com/categor...categoryID=149
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-06-10, 04:39

Actually, that would be http://discussions.apple.com/categor...categoryID=150
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-06-10, 04:41

Does the error look like this:

Also, what version of iTunes is this?
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2007-06-11, 04:56

Try rebooting the computer. My brother recently got a Dell laptop with Vista (which is a stinking pile of poo for everyone's information). He copied a couple of files to the desktop from a USB drive, did what he wanted with them and then tried to delete them. He got Vista's insufficient access privileges nonsense and I tried to modify the read and write privileges on the files to no avail. Rebooted for good luck and we were able to delete the files.

… engrossed in such factional acts as dreaming different dreams.