AppleNova Forums » Creative Endeavors »

iArt: iPad and iPhone drawings

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iArt: iPad and iPhone drawings
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

Send a message via AIM to evan  
2010-04-07, 00:17

With so many people having iPads (although iPhone/iPod Touches can join too!) round these parts, and most people getting some sort of drawing app, be it Brushes, SketchBook Pro, or Adobe Ideas, I guess I'm assuming that some people might actually use it for drawing. I want this to be a dedicated thread for people to share their creations, get critiqued, ask for advice, etc. One stop shop for the tech-savyy, mobile artist.

To get the ball rolling, I'll post some of my masterpieces. These bad boys were made using SketchBook Pro, and I don't profess to have ANY artistic ability at this point in my life. Long ago I used to love art (and was pretty good in elementary school), but in middle school (before we really learned anything beyond "to add distance draw farther away stuff smaller") I dropped art for band, and have never taken it back up again.

Anyway, this one is basically a huge ripoff of the kindle app's background. Not really sure if it's falling snow or HUGE stars but w/e:

Then I just did this when messing around with drawing circles:

let's see what everyone else has done
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2010-04-07, 08:56

The first looks like falling snow to me and I like it!
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2010-04-07, 09:40

I love the "lens flare" on the second one. Nicely done!
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

2010-04-11, 20:44

Where's everyone talking about Sketchbook and Brushes in the other thread? c'mon people!
bmorley

2010-04-11, 23:53

Here is a little bit I fiddled around making (not an artist by any stretch) coincidentally using the iArt app

scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2010-04-12, 00:05

30 or 40 years of cutting edge computer development, and we've got finger painting!

Nice work guys!
ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2010-04-12, 06:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan View Post
Where's everyone talking about Sketchbook and Brushes in the other thread? c'mon people!
I assume you had to e-mail your sketches to yourself before posting them? It really peeves me that you can't upload photos directly from the iPad.
bmorley

2010-04-12, 09:51

My initial way of doing it was through syncing to iTunes then using the iMac. However, after playing around with Dropbox I found that I would be able to do it all from the iPad. The program I used will export photos to the 'Saved Photos' area and Dropbox can access that. Granted it is a little bit of a workaround, but would work nonetheless.

Last edited by bmorley : 2010-04-12 at 14:18.
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

2010-04-12, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezkcdude View Post
I assume you had to e-mail your sketches to yourself before posting them? It really peeves me that you can't upload photos directly from the iPad.
4.0?

I just sync with iPhoto then upload to flickr through that.
ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2010-04-12, 12:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorley View Post
My initially way of doing it was through syncing to iTunes then using the iMac. However, after playing around with Dropbox I found that I would be able to do it all from the iPad. The program I used will export photos to the 'Saved Photos' area and Dropbox can access that. Granted it is a little bit of a workaround, but would work nonetheless.
You've actually been able to upload files on the Dropbox website? Using Safari? It's not working for me.
ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2010-04-12, 12:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan View Post
4.0?

I just sync with iPhoto then upload to flickr through that.
Ok, I can definitely use the Photobucket app to upload photos. That should work fine for forums like AN. However, it still doesn't get around the problem of uploading files on websites that have a "Choose File" button on their form.
bmorley

2010-04-12, 12:52

I used the Dropbox app, not Safari. Did go ahead and ran through the whole flow and it worked.
ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2010-04-12, 13:07

Quote:
I used the Dropbox app, not Safari. Did go ahead and ran through the whole flow and it worked.
Ah, I installed Dropbox yesterday but couldn't figure out how to upload files. Now I realized you have to click on little camera icon. What's the name of the program that enables you to export files to the Photo folder?
bmorley

2010-04-12, 13:48

There was an option in the files menu of the iArt app to export.
ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2010-04-12, 13:56

Quote:
There was an option in the files menu of the iArt app to export.
Oh, I see...you mean for photos. I was hoping you found a way to, say, copy PDF's to the photo folder.