What's your state's law?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
What's your state's law?
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-11-07, 01:20

Here in Tennessee...

* I realized I'd submitted these back in, oh, 2005...I have no recollection of this, Senator.

Nevermind. I'm not here...

Loo-looloo...BOO!

They say your memory is one of the first things to go...

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2007-11-07 at 11:00.
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2007-11-07, 01:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
For Tennessee:

• It is illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish.

• In Dyersburg, it is illegal for a woman to call a man for a date glad I don't live in that festering, backwards hell-hole of a so-called town

• In Bristol it is illegal for a woman to stop in the street to adjust, straighten or pull up her stockings.

• In Memphis it is illegal for a woman to drive a car unless there is a man either running or walking in front of it waving a red flag to warn approaching motorists and pedestrians. As it should be [ducks from objects thrown by Carol, xionja, etc.]

• In Tennessee it is illegal to shoot any game other than whales from a moving automobile. well, seeing as how we're LAND-LOCKED...what, did someone try this and succeed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Here in Tennessee...

• It is illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish (but you can put a saddle on them, so go figure)
• In Dyersburg, it is illegal for a woman to call a man for a date (apparently Chattanooga as well, if my social calendar is any indication)
• In Memphis restaurants, it is illegal to give any pie to fellow diners. It is also illegal to take unfinished pie home. All pie must be eaten on the premises.
• Also in Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself; "a man must walk or run in front of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists."

I'm not touching that last one...the 'Nova female population is growing, and I don't want them all out to get me!

Hmm 3 out of 5 isn't bad!
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2007-11-07, 02:36

• It is illegal to be drunk on Licensed Premises (in a pub or bar).
    - It's also illegal to serve alcohol to a drunk person. We teach this one at work.
  • Those wishing to purchase a television must also buy a license.
    - To outsiders, that really does sound odd.
  • It is illegal for two adult men to have sex in the same house as a third person.
    - But two women and one man is fine.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-11-07, 10:59

Man, I'm in a time warp. I didn't even check the dates (I thought this was a new thread).

I had no idea I'd posted before. I don't even remember it.

Oh well...I'll zap my second response from yesterday.
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2007-11-07, 11:04

Hey, no need to feel bad. I thought it was cool that you could rephrase the same laws (and there was a new one) and all were cast in a bit different light.

Anyway, it's one sure sign that you're fast becoming "Golden-level" member of AN.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-11-07, 11:10

Yeah, give me my senior-discount meal card and bus pass, and I'm set!
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-11-07, 11:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
"It is illegal in Michigan to hitch a crocodile to a fire hydrant."

Um. Yeah. With all the snow crocs people have as pets up here I can see this being a problem.
I think -if recent- that is more about people having wild animals as pets and chaining them up in their yard. Detroit is notorious for its animal abuse situation / people chaining up dogs and all kinds of other stuff in their house / yards. It's a goofily worded law but doesn't surprise me in a way.

...into the light of a dark black night.
Freewell

2007-11-07, 11:32

I must have missed this thread the first time through, but I'm glad it got bumped. Threads like this are invaluable... They tend to reveal who has a sense of humor, and who needs a bit of a personality transfusion! If you read back through it, you'll see what I mean!
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2007-11-07, 11:37

These are hilarious. And about the Florida and sex with a porcupine...well...knowing some of the small-town people in my HS...I'd not be surprised o.o

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
Taskiss
Veteran Member

2007-11-07, 12:09

Live in awe of Missourians...
Quote:
Missouri considers drunkenness an "inalienable right."
Freewell

2007-11-07, 12:21

I can see murbot packing for The States now!!!
Souflay123

Send a message via AIM to Souflay123  
2007-11-07, 12:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post
Live in awe of Missourians...
hehe one of my boyfriends friends will appreciate this

And for all of cali's laws, Reagan once noted, "Government's view [of the economy] could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. " along with, "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." and finally, "Government always finds a need for whatever money it gets."

rasmits
rams it

2007-11-07, 12:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by autodata View Post
A lot of those are taken out of context or just plain false.
Definitely.
bbillwest4

2022-10-13, 03:17

Hello! I am new t this forum! I hope I will have an opportunity to discuss some issues here.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-10-13, 06:29

I hope that your front falls off.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-10-13, 08:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbillwest4 View Post
Hello! I am new t this forum! I hope I will have an opportunity to discuss some issues here.
Hello Apple Enthusiast! Normally when someone says hello they don't revive an old and unrelated thread.

I do hope you don't come back and try to insert a link into your post or spam us in other threads.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2022-10-13, 10:56

Resurrection is real, this thread is proof!